Mumbai Indians

Sadly i too agree that Pollard is getting tooo much hype...same think happend with Mr. Rawalpindi Express...he came..in the first match got 4 wickets...got kkr drooling over him and then what happened to him?? Pollard no doubt is a great player..but its insanity to create so much hype as if he'll single handedly destroy the opposition...also when we keep too much expectations from anyone..what they ultimately give is sadly not enough for us. Take Rayudu..noone had any great expectations but he proved more than the expectations...consider Pollard to be a valuable addition to our team..but don't expect him to be a god...after all we already have one :hail:GOD..which is enough for me.

Pollard no doubt is a great player..
Pollard is by no means a great player:giggle: Yes, he is overhyped.. and with his brand of cricket, he is going to fail as much as he is going to win hearts. Think of him as another Yusuf, but not quite in the same class yet. BTW, a lot of people had BIG hopes from Rayadu, before he moved onto ICL. He was the next big thing (before the raina's and the kohli's came onto the scene..). Even when he moved to ICL, Tony Grieg and the rest were raving about him...

Pollard is by no means a great player:giggle: Yes, he is overhyped.. and with his brand of cricket, he is going to fail as much as he is going to win hearts. Think of him as another Yusuf, but not quite in the same class yet. BTW, a lot of people had BIG hopes from Rayadu, before he moved onto ICL. He was the next big thing (before the raina's and the kohli's came onto the scene..). Even when he moved to ICL, Tony Grieg and the rest were raving about him...
Actually i haven't seen much of Pollard..except Champions league..which i consider to be a flash in the pan..but going by the awe people have for(especially the three way tie at the bidding) i thought there must something in this guy...but i decided to reserve my final judgment till i actually see him.... About Rayudu i meant in the last match when half of the people didn't even know he was playing(including me :(()

^Very correctly said.I think same is happening with Dilshan' date=' i know its just one failure, but the expectation level is too high after the innovative Dil Scoop :winky:[/quote'] Same would have happened with Mr. Misbah..except the ball bowled by Mr. Joginder..had pace..which only made the ball travel till short fineleg...to our bery own appam ch*****:hehe: BTW this is a very common problem in India (don't know about other countries)..people pass their judgment just after a single match or an inning..this is completely foolish..and sadly due to the intense competition at the local level..even the selectors seldom give a chance or two to anyone who fails in his first outing. Its good in a way that SRT did not have to make his debut today...cz his his first inning wasn't that great and if that would have happened today he would have been sent back to Ranji.

I cannot believe how strong a team we have become. Just to think, we actually dropped Abhi Nayar and Shikhar Dhawan (amits?) from the team.. And now that Pollard and Bravo are going to come in, how are we going to fit them into the team? My team for the next game would be.. Sachin Surya Tare Rayadu Bravo Pollard Tiwary/Satish/Nayar/Dhawan Bhajji (if fit) Zak Malinga Kulkarni/C. Nanda/ Murtaza (easily the best spinner in ICL)
Was Satish selected ahead of Nayar in the first game ? I thought Nayar is still recovering from injury.

What about Bhajji's vacant spot (if he is injured)..its a tough call....should we play a batsman or a bowler...we do not need a batsman and i think we missed bhajji in the last game..we could have won the game with more ease had we an extra bowler..so i think a bowler should be brought in..who???