We won't let India overtake us: china

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/NEWS/World/Rest_of_World/We_wont_let_India_overtake_us_China/articleshow/460297.cms "Only when the hare (China) naps does the tortoise (India) overtake the hare. China will never 'nap' in the process of its economic development," he told 'People's Daily,' the official mouthpiece of the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC) in a recent interview ahead of Chinese President Hu Jintao's visit to India.

Re: We won't let India overtake us: china Unki ma ki. China is doomed because of it's inflexible system. Like someone said "India is rising despite the bad government, because of our resilient and flexible system". Kinda reminds me of the Soviets vs Americans.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: We won't let India overtake us: china USSR was closed affaiurs chinese are doning everything in more transparent manner. BTW we do have problme tryin registering some company in India even today u will have to run from pillar to post. India is moving forward despite all the roadbumps and these are not disappearing anytime soon.

Re: We won't let India overtake us: china we are only fooling ourselves, if we keep telling ourselves tht china's structure will collapse one day cos of their political flaws and india's will boom soon.... the competition is real and us lagging behind is more real.... we need to buckle up or lose out...

Re: We won't let India overtake us: china

read this article a long time back... nice one though... but the shanghai-mumbai comparison does stir a bit... we need to create atleast one world class city... bangalore had potential, but heard recently tht even tht looks crowded and dirty... i had visited bangalore 13 yrs bak and it was very pretty...

Re: We won't let India overtake us: china it is easier for china to go democratic than for us to catch up with them on the infrastructure. but we are in a good race and that is important that we are part of the race. we don't need to win, just need to get a good enough share of the pie.

Re: We won't let India overtake us: china Come to think of it, I sure wouldn't mind a few 100 storey buildings and world class highways ! :chin: New Delhi needs a complete face-lift. Went on a Metro ride back in January (the day it opened) and looking outside the windows made me realise how remarkably poor the city's infrastructure is. Not that i didn't know this before, but seeing the city from afar really reinforced my opinion. Crumbling buildings on both sides. Economic development and foreign investment is all well and good, but if there is no discernable sign of improvement in the city's environment, people abroad simply won't acknowledge India as a potential superpower. Nor will NRI's like me, for that matter. I have been going in and out of Delhi for the last 6 years, and i've hardly noticed any changes. Maybe a few new "fly-overs" here and there. Shanghai and Beijing must be a century ahead of New Delhi. For all the criticism that the MCD have received, i for one actually think they are doing a good job. Clearing municipalities of illegal property is the first step in making the city appear more hospitable for the residents.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: We won't let India overtake us: china

What would you want? 100 storey buildings and world class highways or freedom of speech and expression?
Add to it need of work permit in order to move to big cities or free will.

Re: We won't let India overtake us: china More than the infrastructure, China has a advantage of implementing a policy from paper to reality in a seamless manner and in quick amount of time...It takes centuries in India to implement a policy across the country. Inspite of some of the advantages we've over China, we still won't be able to catch up with them......This is not a race...First or second doesn't matter as long as we've good GDP growth and strong economy power that will help us to lift the nation and eradicate poverty in the long run

Re: We won't let India overtake us: china Gator Its a race alrite...But as long as we're competitive, it doesn't matter whether we're ahead of China or not. Remember, China started reforms in late 70s....As I said, if we keep our reforms aggressive, continue to maintain good GDP...we can grow well as a nation

Re: We won't let India overtake us: china DDB... one line.... remember 1962.... with the simmering border dispute, it will come back anyday to bite us.... chinese are different from our traditional islamic foes... no warning et al and world intervention will not even matter...

Re: We won't let India overtake us: china Actually, Sino-Indian war during 1962 is lot different.....We (read Nehru) made a stupid mistake of provoking them without having adequate Military power to retaliate if required....We kinda invited them to invade the disputed terrioty.......They did feared world intervention during 1962 and thats the reason they announced ceasefire even though they could've continued