Doctor Afridi: A bite a day, reverse swing way (Only Banned for 2 T20's)

lol.. from the video it seems the Umpires asked him about the marks and he said ok n turned around Some beast :winky:
He is closing his eyes and biting the ball in front of 20+ cameras When umpire asked, he turns around as if nothing had happened Now he accepts ball tampering with match referee insanity of the beast at its peak :hysterical:

This is the doctor who probably recommended Afridi to do that... ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- http://blogs.cricinfo.com/pakspin/archives/2010/01/afridi_bites_back.php Posted by Kamran Abbasi at 12:51 PM in Australia 2009-10 Afridi bites back Shahid Afridi can expect a lengthy ban, which is ill-timed as he was about to offer a solution to Pakistan's captaincy problems © Getty Images Shahid Afridi left his mark on Pakistan's final 50 overs match in Australia - and on the cricket ball. First, he demonstrated how he could galvanise this Pakistan team into a fighting unit again. For the first time in weeks, Pakistan's players relished the fight and played with some belief. Afridi was at the heart of this, and his colleagues looked to be behind him. But then we saw the daft side of Afridi, his ill-disguised bite of the cricket ball. Pakistan were in with a shout, Afridi leading impressively, but he never looked the same after his reprimand by the umpires. Afridi can expect a lengthy ban, which is ill-timed as he was about to offer a solution to Pakistan's captaincy problems. He isn't the first international captain, of course, to tamper with the ball. Mike Atherton, for example, was relatively unscathed after his 'dirt in the pocket' incident. And you would judge Atherton to be more cerebral than Afridi by many tens of kilometers per hour. Afridi's biting action was a disgrace but his captaincy style better suited Pakistan. He should take the ban, and learn a final sobering lesson. Desire to win should not be confused with winning at all costs. Once the dust has settled, Afridi should take up the captaincy. The question is what to do in the interim? Mohammad Yousuf is not the answer...... ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I think a lot of seniles like him would feel about the 'biting' incident.

I'm surprised you guys expected something more than a X T20/ODI ban. This is ICC and Pakistan we are talking about. ICC is a spineless organisation incapable of taking strict action against repeat offenders like Broad, Afridi and Asif. Pak fans like Abbasi will brush this under the carpet as they have done for many far greater offences. Either they have come to expect this from their players or they have very low moral standards just like their players. As an Indian fan, I still have not stopped hating Azhar or Jadeja. If Gauti or Yuvi or Ojha had done even 1/10th of what the village retards from Pak have done, I would have started despising them.

This is why I have no respect for cricket. It's just a joke of a sport where repeat offenders live in cahoots with lawmakers, a jungle raj, where anything goes. A two match ban for deliberate cheating by a repeat offender? Nudge nudge wink wink, it's all right matey, next time be careful, we don't want the press on the act, do we, there's money at stake? Shame. How do you guys follow a circus like this?

I'm surprised you guys expected something more than a X T20/ODI ban. This is ICC and Pakistan we are talking about. ICC is a spineless organisation incapable of taking strict action against repeat offenders like Broad' date=' Afridi and Asif.[/quote'] Afridi, on another day would have gotten a 6 month ban or so, but I am pretty sure why this filth got away with a 2 T20 match ban. His retarded act coincides with the brazen Perth spectator/player incident. It would stink of the obvious bias with which the ICC operates should Perth the venue not face ICC ban and Afridi get heavily punished. What is going to happen now is, no noticeable action will be taken against Perth the venue ( in terms of hosting rights).
I'm surprised you guys expected something more than a X T20/ODI ban. This is ICC and Pakistan we are talking about. ICC is a spineless organisation incapable of taking strict action against repeat offenders like Broad, Afridi and Asif. Pak fans like Abbasi will brush this under the carpet as they have done for many far greater offences. Either they have come to expect this from their players or they have very low moral standards just like their players. As an Indian fan, I still have not stopped hating Azhar or Jadeja. If Gauti or Yuvi or Ojha had done even 1/10th of what the village retards from Pak have done, I would have started despising them.
Gambo, I don't know if you keep up with stuff in the UK, but there was this rugby player Tom Williams, who faked an injury recently, with made up blood and all, to allow a colleague to return to the field. The guy copped 12 months, and the coach, Dean Richards, who was complicit in the act, got 3 years because he had done similar things previously. Williams' ban was later reduced to 4 months because he was acting on Richards' advice. That sort of law enforcement sends out a message to cheats that further misdemeanours will not be tolerated. In the Idi Amin-Robert Mugabe raj of ICC though, a captain gets a 4 match ban for failing to keep time the second time around, while a deliberate conniving cheat, a repeat offender to boot, gets two ODIs. Disgraceful doesn't even begin to describe what's going on.

a 2 t 20 ban is pretty light but you guys have to understand that afridi is an entertainer and most people tune in to see him play. banning him for more games = loss of revenue for icc. and who knows what he is going to pull out of his ass the next time. you can't ban a clown from a circus.

QOTD - Afridi on ball tampering Pakistan's captain, Shahid Afridi, could face further action from match officials after television cameras captured him biting the ball and running his teeth down the seam. ''If [the match referee] wants to talk about it, I'll talk about it,'' Afridi said after the match. ''But I did nothing wrong. I tried to smell it.'' Australian captain Ricky Ponting added: ''We've seen a few replays of it - I don't know what to say. I've never seen that before. I'm sure that will be dealt with.'' http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/afridi-bites-ball-in-bizarre-twist-as-pakistan-bites-the-dust-20100131-n6h3.html