Attn: Ravi

talksport

Re: Attn: Ravi Ravi, Somehow I cant access it from home using the address. I have to use ipaddress to log in. There might be lot of new poster who would try to login using the web address and they might be getting error messages... Is there a way to sort this out.

Re: Attn: Ravi In simple analogy DNS is like a "Name" in your contacts of your mobile phone. You call Mr. XYZ .from your phone .....but actually you call 0121 3541588 DNS Caching is done to get faster translationof Site Name to IP Address. So when a Site changes its server( IP) the DNS name needs to be refreshed.

Re: Attn: Ravi DNS- Domain Name Service, provides hostname to IP address mapping Local systems, proxies cache this lookup as they don't want to keep going to the DNS server to obtain this mapping. When you change the IP address of your system from IP1 to IP2 and change DNS mapping, the cached entries in each local system will not try to get IP2 for your host till the TTL (time to live) has expired. Ravi, I don't think this is a caching issue as my local system couldn't get any IP (cached or uncached) for indiancricketfans.com this morning.

Re: Attn: Ravi

PK, have you tried accessing just the forums? It worked for me. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/modules.php?name=Forums
Dhondy....Even now, the above link doesn't work for me I'm having problems in accessing the site for quite some time...URL (with indiancricketfans.com) only works on and off. Yesterday even IP address didn't work

Re: Attn: Ravi Which theme are you using Zooter? There are two themes, one is fisubsilver and the other is DreamerBlue. DreamerBlue has bigger fonts. You can go to "Your Account" from the top menu, go to themes and change it to "DreamerBlue"