Scarcity of space for burial: I say start cremating

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks
http://in.today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2006-11-29T192417Z_01_NOOTR_RTRJONC_0_India-278276-1.xml India's Christians dig deep for graveyard plot By Bappa Majumdar KOLKATA, India (Reuters) - India's Christians are running out of space to bury their dead, leading some to pay small fortunes to book their final resting place in a relative's grave. Churches are asking people to empty remains from graves of family members who died more than 25 years ago and store them in specially created vaults, a senior official of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of India told Reuters. "We foresee a major crisis across India and are asking people to empty graves and shift the remains," said Donald H.R. De Souza, a former deputy secretary general of the conference. In Bihar, the Catholic Kurji cemetery is asking people to donate up to 60,000 rupees to reserve plots. "More than 1,600 people have been buried in the graveyard and we don't have space for more," said priest Vincent Francis. This problem was waiting to happen the day this burial tradition started. Every freaking tom dick and hary now needs some sort of crude construction on the burial site and graveyard keep growing up . Even in USA/Canada every freakingi city has huge graveyards in prime locations. AS George carlin says dig up those mother fu$kers we need those spaces for low-cost housing and what's the point of occupying space for those whose time is past. the way it's going one day this bloody whole world will turn into graveyard. I say time to adopt the beautifuul practice of cremation and moreover technically speaking cremation just expedites the long term decompositon process in grave so why not. Hindusim is not oldest religion for nothing things have been sorted out quite meticulously.

Re: Scarcity of space for burial: I say start cremating I want all my internal organs donated and my body stuffed with chocolates and chikkis and other good stuff (like gems in place of eyes ... :hic:) and cremated in a solar powered crematorium .......after i drop dead.

Re: Scarcity of space for burial: I say start cremating

I want all my internal organs donated and my body stuffed with chocolates and chikkis and other good stuff (like gems in place of eyes ... :hic:) and cremated in a solar powered crematorium .......after i drop dead.
:hail:

Guest dada_rocks

cremation by conventional method is bad for the environment too(so many trees wasted...... electic cremation???? The parsi way is the best ....most environment friendly.......
well trees can be replanted this is no big deal and then there are elctric cremation.

Guest dada_rocks

I want all my internal organs donated and my body stuffed with chocolates and chikkis and other good stuff (like gems in place of eyes ... :hic:) and cremated in a solar powered crematorium .......after i drop dead.
people think solar power is free heck as of today the kind of eneregy lost in manufacurign those lowe quantum efficiency large solar panels more or less more than comepnsates thes hoopla over green energy. These gdagets are costly for a reason.

Rads' date=' i dont think electric is only parsi... even a lot of us, modern hindus are going the electric way....[/quote'] Parsis leave the dead in the tower of silence(i think?? ) for the vultures to feed on them....in places where there is no tower of silence ...i think they bury ....i meant the leave for the birds kind of end.

cremation by conventional method is bad for the environment too(so many trees wasted...... electic cremation???? The parsi way is the best ....most environment friendly.......
So you would be content in the knowledge that the remnants of your dead family members (hypothetical situation) have become vulture turd or bird droppings ? :eek:

Guest dada_rocks

Cremation = big time 'no no' from the church. If you cremate' date=' the soul cannot be resurrected. Or so goes yet another religion's goobledegook.[/quote'] Yeah these guys are illogical to the core.. :wall: