Sehwag proves once again: Batting Strike rate matters a heck in tests.

patriot

patriot, have you watched how Sachin helped Veeru carry on in that partnership?? well you are one crazy poster who creates thread after thread only to decry a certain player named Sachin Tendulkar :(
He is sad that his idol is way behind SRT.A school kid will tell that partnership between SRT and Veeru set the tempo.In a partnership there is some tactics involved.Gosh some poeple have no idea about test cricket.
RD scores at 40 SR. Are you saying you would rather have preferred that he never played test cricket for India?
Dravid is India's ultimate savior in overseas tests. Countless times he has saved us a test by grinding the opposition to dust. And he finishes the job. He is our greatest test match savior along with Sunny. Veeru the greatest test match winner. SRT is the greatest balancing act.
Dravid is India's ultimate savior in overseas tests. Countless times he has saved us a test by grinding the opposition to dust. And he finishes the job. He is our greatest test match savior along with Sunny. Veeru the greatest test match winner. SRT is the greatest balancing act.
What about the 270 at Rawalpindi? Or the hundreds against the WI on the last tour to ensure our first series victory there, although against a much weaker WI side? Or the 233 at adelaide?
What about the 270 at Rawalpindi? Or the hundreds against the WI on the last tour to ensure our first series victory there, although against a much weaker WI side? Or the 233 at adelaide?
By and large, yoda. By and Large. That way, Sehwag in a role reveral has saved tests too, Adelaide 2008 comes to mind. 5th day, 150 +. :winky:
19 out of 46 SRT hundreds have come in winning cause: 41 % 6 of 19 Sehwag hundreds have come in winning cause: 31%
If statistics are said to be misleading, above would be a classic example. That Chennai test against England comes so readily to mind chasing 387. Veeru's 80 in 60 was the reason we had the balls to go for an imposible victory, which Sehwag reduced to a walk in the park. SRT would take the credit for piggybacking on that with a century, but had Sehwag not punctured the England bowling attack mercilessly SRT would have batted for a draw and gotten out at the wrong time expectedly. Then this match, where we just scraped to a victory because of Sehwag's run a ball blitzkreig of 165, where SRT also scored. SRT would also probably take the credit for scoring a century along with Veeru's triple century blinder in Multan. Then SRT's 5/5 in winning centuries against Bangladesh. Good job. Punjabi_Khota
If statistics are said to be misleading, above would be a classic example. That Chennai test against England comes so readily to mind chasing 387. Veeru's 80 in 60 was the reason we had the balls to go for an imposible victory, which Sehwag reduced to a walk in the park. SRT would take the credit for piggybacking on that with a century, but had Sehwag not punctured the England bowling attack mercilessly SRT would have batted for a draw and gotten out at the wrong time expectedly. Then this match, where we just scraped to a victory because of Sehwag's run a ball blitzkreig of 165, where SRT also scored. SRT would also probably take the credit for scoring a century along with Veeru's triple century blinder in Multan. Then SRT's 5/5 in winning centuries against Bangladesh. Good job. Punjabi_Khota
Bhai mere, between all this gibberish that you churn out every day to put down SRT, do you understand that Sehwag has scored only 6 tons so far in his career in winning cause. Add a few (probably 1-2) more knocks below 100 that eventually led to victory. So you are calling the guy who has scored significantly in 8 test wins THE GREATEST match winner ever for india ?? Over SRT and Dravid ? Dont you realize what a joke that is ? :hysterical:
Bhai mere, between all this gibberish that you churn out every day to put down SRT, do you understand that Sehwag has scored only 6 tons so far in his career in winning cause. Add a few (probably 1-2) more knocks below 100 that eventually led to victory. So you are calling the guy who has scored significantly in 8 test wins THE GREATEST match winner ever for india ?? Over SRT and Dravid ? Dont you realize what a joke that is ? :hysterical:
Funny to see how you conveniently ducked out of SRT's 5/5 against Bangladesh in that misleading statistic. WHy ?:hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical: Like I have said earlier. It's not your magical 3 figure number that always counts. Many a times, even a rapid 40-50 by Viru sends the oppostion in disarray and the rest of the batsmen settle in. That Chennai knock against England was not a century, but it was good enough to make easy an impossible victory.
P_k, I dont think he called him the greatest match winner. He said Sehwag's rapid scoring allows Indian bowlers to get more time. To put down others, it is a general habit, :phehehe: BTW, no one is going to ahead of Anil Kumble, if the topic is India's greatest matchwinner.
Even someone blind as a bat would know that we are talking about match winning test BATS.
Funny to see how you conveniently ducked out of SRT's 5/5 against Bangladesh in that misleading statistic. WHy ?:hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical:
You can exclude those 5 and still SRT has scored more hundreds in matches won.
Like I have said earlier. It's not your magical 3 figure number that always counts. Many a times, even a rapid 40-50 by Viru sends the oppostion in disarray and the rest of the batsmen settle in. That Chennai knock against England was not a century, but it was good enough to make easy an impossible victory.
I already counted that and hence the count is 8. Now if you think rapid 30-40s are test match winning knocks and nothing else counts, then keep singing your bhajans. :hysterical:
Wow. I totally missed out on where you specified that he's the greatest test match batsman for India - you just said he's the greatest test match winner. I can only go by what I see. I can't infer deeper meanings from your posts - since in general, they don't have any.
Wow. I totally missed out on where you specified that he's the greatest test match batsman for India - you just said he's the greatest test match winner. I can only go by what I see. I can't infer deeper meanings from your posts - since in general' date=' they don't have any.[/quote'] When you are blind and daft enough to enter a thread without reading and comprehending a title,( hint: batting strike rate in tests) then you always find yourself confused. You are excused. Please don't come in again, till you complete primary schooling.

Its funny how Patriot whips up these dour debates on who is responsible for how many of India's victories etc, as though one can assign exclusive weights to the individual performances of all the players. :laugh: This is a team game. Sehwag's so called blitzkrieg in the Chennai test against England would have counted for nought had Sachin and Yuvraj not put that tremendous partnership together. Rather than realizing this, if one is hell-bent on segregating players based on their 'contributions' to Indian team wins, then not only is that extremely unscientific and unsophisticated, but it is also (deliberately) divisive.

When you are blind and daft enough to enter a thread without reading and comprehending a title,( hint: batting strike rate in tests) then you always find yourself confused. You are excused. Please don't come in again, till you complete primary schooling.
Um, ok. How about you dont come to ICF at all until you get out of the mental institute? Either way, happy trolling.