Accolades keep pouring in for 'world class' Rooney who is on his way out!

SachDan

r492985_2566242.jpg
Ancelotti: Rooney is just fantastic Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has singled out the player who could wreck his chances of a first Premier League title. The Italian tactician lauded the recent performances of Manchesteter United's Wayne Rooney whom he feels is getting better and better with each passing game. He said to the Daily Mail,"United are using Rooney very well in this moment. Every game he proves his quality. He's a fantastic, fantastic player. "I am surprised because he never drops, he always improves his performance. "It's a good thing not only for Manchester United, but also for the national team because to have Rooney in this *condition is very important for England at the World Cup. Is he the best in the world at the moment? I think yes. At the moment he's the most *decisive player in the world.":two_thumbs_up:
Link
Drogba: Rooney is unbelievable Chelsea striker Didier Drogba insists he does not get frustrated by comparisons with Manchester United's Wayne Rooney. "It does not annoy me if people compare the two of us. I do not believe there is a best player," said the Chelsea man. "Maybe you can be the best at a certain time, but another time it will be someone else. Rooney is unbelievable, but we are different players."
Link
Ferguson: Rooney could break 30! xdtuz8.jpg Sir Alex Ferguson is banking on Wayne Rooney to smash through the 30-goal barrier this season. It is not too much of a target for the Manchester United striker given he took his tally to 25 with his second-half double in the momentous 3-2 Champions League win over AC Milan in the San Siro last night. But Ferguson feels the goalscoring aspect of Rooney's game is driving him on to a new level, right to the very top of the world game. "He could break 30," declared the United boss. "This season in particular, over the last two months, there has been a marked improvement in his game. "Confidence has a lot to do with it of course. "I just felt he had to improve his goalscoring, which is what he is doing now. "His overall performance was absolutely devastating. Milan couldn't handle him. They just couldn't handle him. "He has to be regarded at the highest level, along with all the other players we know about." :hatsoff:
Link
Evra: Rooney is world class Wayne Rooney has evolved into a more "mature" player, according to Manchester United left-back Patrice Evra. Talking to the Manchester Evening News, the Frenchman said that "Wayne understands what the team needs and we're seeing what a great player he is." "He is a world class player and is getting his just deserts because now he is more mature, he concentrates more on staying around the box."
Link

Sir Alex Ferguson and Wayne Rooney play a game at the Manchester United training ground. Ferguson says: "He's the best at coming up to me and asking: 'What's the team?' I say: 'You're not playing.' He says: 'Come on, give me your team.' I say: 'No, I won't, I'm still thinking about it.' "Then he says: 'I'll give you my team.' And he gives me his team. He's brilliant at it. He's never far wrong. He thinks about it, you see. He knows the game." This is Ferguson in his element, larking about with a world-class footballer whose development he has overseen from the star's late teenage years. Rooney is the great individual delight in a season of immense challenges for the manager, who is hunting down a record fourth consecutive English league title, and a 19th in all for the club, in a season beset by mounting disquiet among supporters over the £700m-plus of debt loaded on to United by the Glazer *family's borrowings. Ferguson, who remains bullish despite yesterday's 3-1 defeat at *Everton, has built a succession of illustrious United sides since his arrival in Manchester in November 1986, and now Rooney has become the Eric Cantona or Cristiano Ronaldo of the next era. There is a touch of Roy Keane in there, too, judging by Rooney's eruption at half-time in the thrilling 3-2 win over Milan in Italy on Wednesday night. "I was very frustrated in the first half with a lot of things," Rooney said. "Some people were not doing their jobs and I let my feelings be known." "He keeps telling me he's centre-back. Then a right-back. Then he says: 'Oh, and I can play midfield,'" Ferguson says, in an exclusive interview granted to coincide with today's Observer relaunch. "He's a one-off in terms of the modern type of fragile player we're getting today, cocooned by their agents, mothers and fathers, psychologists, welfare officers. Rooney's a cut to the old days. His attitude is: 'Give me the ball, I'll tell you how good I am.' He's a throwback. I don't think he has any inhibitions about that. He knows what he is. "What we're seeing now is a terror of a player. What he's got that he can't lose is an in-built hunger, in-built energy, in‑built desire. Some people are born with these things. We've seen many players like that, by the way, and they've all been great players. Some really ordinary players have made great careers because they've got this drive inside them." This season, through talks and *training‑ground adjustments, Ferguson says he has returned Rooney to the barnstorming central role of his youth. "I related it to height. When I was a kid I used to go hunting for pigeons, under bridges, in church steeples and so on. And heights never bothered me. As you get older, maybe on the 25th storey of a big hotel, you look out and you get dizzy. Age changes you. "When Rooney first came to us he was the best I've ever seen at turning round a defender and running at him. There was a period – whether it was transition, or whether he was trying to mentally change what type of player he was – when he stopped doing that. So we spoke to him, took him in a couple of sessions after training, and said: get back to turning on the defender. It's as if he's walked in another door. "His temperament's improved. He's not rushing about doing the silly things. He's maturing well in that way. It's great to see that. He's a fantastic boy. He'd give you anything. He'd give you his last penny. He's that type. He's generous in everything. I say to him – there's someone here who wants to meet you, and he says 'Aye, no problem.' He's so free with his time. So he has these wonderful qualities that you don't get a lot in people today. I have to say he's blessed with these things. And I don't think he will change. His wife [Coleen] seems exactly the same. She's clued in, wise, clever, she listens." Reaching for a parallel for Rooney's restoration as a central striker, Ferguson remembers selling Steve Archibald when he was in charge of Aberdeen: "I sold Archibald to Tottenham and he was on the phone to me a lot, saying 'You ought to come down and see me.' I went down to see him play Everton, who were a right good team at the time, and Steve was playing in midfield. I said: 'What are you doing playing in midfield?' He said: 'Garth Crooks [his fellow Tottenham striker] and I have an understanding.' I said: 'Have you, aye, it's a good one. He's scoring the goals and you're messing around in the middle of the park.' I said: 'Steve, you're not being clever.' He said: 'Sometimes Garth drops.' I said: 'Steve, you're a centre-forward, you've two great feet, you're brilliant in the air, you have elasticity, you're brave. What do you want to play midfield for?' He went to Barcelona and he didn't play midfield for Barcelona." The praise for Rooney drops short of unconditional, as it usually does when Ferguson is protecting a young player from the inflations of spectators and the media. "Where I hope he improves more is with his predatory instinct in the penalty box. He's done great this year. But he's still got to get to the levels of [Ole Gunnar] Solskjaer and Andy Cole and [Ruud] Van Nistelrooy. If he got to that level he'd be the best in the world. "I think a lot about energy and how that should be channelled in the right way, and Wayne should be through the middle. Yes, sometimes he drops in there, it's a natural thing at times, I don't have a problem with that, but his great energies – desire, purpose, courage – all the great strikers, Denis Law, John Charles, had that courage to be in there, get the battering, take the hits, score the goals, be in the right place at the right time. I know there's more there, more to be developed, and I know he can do that." http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/21/sir-alex-ferguson-manchester-united-interview

Real Madrid eyeing spectacular £150 million swoop for Wayne Rooney, wants Fabio Capello back too London: Spanish football giants Real Madrid are reportedly plotting to bag England striker Wayne Rooney and manager Fabio Capello. According to reports, Madrid will make a staggering £150 million bid for Rooney, offering Manchester United £90 millionand the player £250,000 a week for five years. The 24-year-old is in the form of his life with 34 goals this season, and Madrid will tempt him with the £60 million deal, matching former team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo’s wage structure. The club is also determined to get back former manager Capello after the World Cup. Capello had managed Madrid twice before (in 1996-1997 and 2006-2007), winning La Liga on both occasions. Despite Capello being contracted to England until 2012, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has shown previously that he is not bothered by the contracts, The Sun reports. Perez is driven by the thought of restoring Rooney’s devastating partnership with Ronaldo under the leadership Capello brings.
:mad: Wayne, please show the middle finger to these bloody bastoods ! Once a Red always a Red :pray:link

:haha: Ronaldo' date=' Beckham??? [b']oh and lest you forgot he was an Evertonian before he became a Red. Wayne can show the middle finger, don't expect the Glazers to.
Expected someone to bring it up :P One thing with star players moving to Real is that, their career graph goes down hill. Don't wana see that happening with Wayne. He can only get better under the watchful eyes of SAF :two_thumbs_up:

Barca's 80m pounds bid for Rooney Barcelona are readying an £80 million bid for Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney this summer, according to a report from The Daily Express. With presidential elections set for Barca next month, both incumbent club president Joan Laporta as well as his opponent Sandro Rossell would appear to benefit from a public pursuit of Rooney. The Catalans are keen to recapture their spot as Europe's number one side after being knocked out of the Champions League by Jose Mourinho's Inter in the semi-final this season. Coach Pep Guardiola is believed to be keen to reinforce his squad this summer and Rooney, who enjoyed possibly the finest season of his professional career on a personal level, would certainly strengthen any team. Rooney is currently away training with the England World Cup squad in Austria. England boss Fabio Capello has insisted that his players will not be distracted by transfer negotiations until after the summer's tournament. link :nervous:

Barcelona are readying an £80 million bid for Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney this summer, according to a report from The Daily Express. With presidential elections set for Barca next month, both incumbent club president Joan Laporta as well as his opponent Sandro Rossell would appear to benefit from a public pursuit of Rooney. The Catalans are keen to recapture their spot as Europe's number one side after being knocked out of the Champions League by Jose Mourinho's Inter in the semi-final this season. Coach Pep Guardiola is believed to be keen to reinforce his squad this summer and Rooney, who enjoyed possibly the finest season of his professional career on a personal level, would certainly strengthen any team. Rooney is currently away training with the England World Cup squad in Austria. England boss Fabio Capello has insisted that his players will not be distracted by transfer negotiations until after the summer's tournament. link :nervous:
Won't happen.