Discussing the 2nd test between India and SA at Kolkata, 2010

Discussing the 2nd test between India and SA at Kolkata, 2010  

1. 1.

• With an Hour Left Today
    • Tomorrow After Lunch
    • Other

Yup....seems like the guy is a perfect chewtiya... I think the curator better hurry up and prepare a square turner, possibly under-prepared. That is the only way we might have a chance to square the series.
Asking for a square-turner is understandable but an under-prepared pitch? It is puke-worthy to say the least.

Why can't these curators keep their trap shut and just go about doing their job? Why do they need to run to the press giving statements about what transpires between the Board and them? They are more interested in their share of two minutes in the limelight than preparing a pitch that has home advantage for the hosts.

Why can't these curators keep their trap shut and just go about doing their job? Why do they need to run to the press giving statements about what transpires between the Board and them? They are more interested in their share of two minutes in the limelight than preparing a pitch that has home advantage for the hosts.
Welcome to Kolkata! This is a different World..It's always them Vs us here..This curator has earlier also 'faught' the battle for Dada, in the past.. Remember the green top pitch in Eden earlier when India lost? Public were cheering India's loss..And this man was in the thick of things..

This thread makes me laugh!! Irony is that all fans are going overboard asking for a helpful pitch to save our no 1 rank!! And curator who dont prepare such pitches is a traitor, huh?? So much for no 1!! Ideally we expect a normal pitch to be start turning from day 3, how can one prepare a turning from day 1 pitch unless it is under prepared dust bowl.

This thread makes me laugh!! Irony is that all fans are going overboard asking for a helpful pitch to save our no 1 rank!! And curator who dont prepare such pitches is a traitor' date=' huh?? So much for no 1!! Ideally we expect a normal pitch to be start turning from day 3, how can one prepare a turning from day 1 pitch unless it is under prepared dust bowl.[/quote'] Finally! A sane voice in the crowd.
This thread makes me laugh!! Irony is that all fans are going overboard asking for a helpful pitch to save our no 1 rank!! And curator who dont prepare such pitches is a traitor' date=' huh?? So much for no 1!! Ideally we expect a normal pitch to be start turning from day 3, how can one prepare a turning from day 1 pitch unless it is under prepared dust bowl.[/quote'] Isn't that what South Africa did in the last Test against England?
This thread makes me laugh!! Irony is that all fans are going overboard asking for a helpful pitch to save our no 1 rank!! And curator who dont prepare such pitches is a traitor' date=' huh?? So much for no 1!! Ideally we expect a normal pitch to be start turning from day 3, how can one prepare a turning from day 1 pitch unless it is under prepared dust bowl.[/quote'] So what do you want us to do? Give Dale Steyn a seaming and bouncing pitch to beat us by an innings and 400 runs instead of innings and 200 runs this time? Every damn country plays to its strengths, the curator should be doing everything to help his country, not the opposition.
Isn't that what South Africa did in the last Test against England?
There is nothing wrong if prepare a turning pitch but here people are sounding like this is the only way we can win a match against SA ( at home!!).If that is true, that means we cant beat them in normal Indian phatta pitches. So much for No1 team :--D Secondly it is easy to prepare a bouncy pitch by leaving grass but I'm not sure how we can prepare a turning from day 1 pitch unless the assistance from the soil underneath or under prepared! Usually pitch starts breaking down from day 3 assisting spinners , I dont think there is any magical solution to convert a normal pitch to start turning from day 1.
There is nothing wrong if prepare a turning pitch but here people are sounding like this is the only way we can win a match against SA ( at home!!)..
Without adequate bowling resources on the fast bowling front that is definitely the only way at this point. Sree is injured. We have no clue about form of other fast bowlers in the domestic cricket. But million dollar question will be whether Bhajji will still be darting outside the leg stump

There is no point dwelling too much on the pitch. Sure, every home side would like to have a pitch assisting it's bowlers but the Nagpur pitch is certainly not one which favored the South Africans like at Ahmedabad two years ago. There was turn on this track right from day one - slow, but good spinners should have been able to do the work with it. These aren't days from 15 years back when you could wheel in Chauhan into the side and expect the opposition to give way. Teams like South Africa and Australia are much better players of spin now and have played a lot in Indian conditions. Ordinary spinners are not going to run through them even on tracks assisting spin. India's best chance is a pitch where their pace attack is in the game - Zaheer, Ishant, and Sreesanth need a bit of assistance and can bowl very good spells. Again, I am not saying prepare a greentop, but this over reliance on ordinary spinners is not really going to help out. A pitch with bounce and carry is going to keep our fast bowlers in the game and also help Harbhajan, who more than turn likes good bounce on the track.