Heaven will it be heaven if

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

We land there and find everybody else there no unfortunate ones were burning in the celestial hell-fire on whom u could look down fom our heavely abode. Given the exclusivism we so espouse on this earth I suspect we will have any exalted opinion of heaven if everbody lands there. For instance here on earth a mercedes a BMW a ferrari will not give pleasure of riding if everybody has one. God knows where the concept of yoga which meant systematic and continuous assault on the concept of I and mine went. Today it have been turned into a vacuuous meaningless weight-loss exercise. We love to be special be it in possession in belonging or in thought. Particualrly the later part is so dear to religiously inclined ones, they love to be right another form of naked egotism. So much so that some camp's whole belief starts with there is no God but allah(their idea of god). Negating others belief precedes the naming of their own idea of god. Notice the celebration of exclusivism a form of egotism embedded in the most chanted line. May God help the mankind from this slippery slope.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Heaven will it be heaven if

<applause> very well written DR... post of the week according to me...
welcome.. BTW Karen Armstrong's book "Great Transformation:beginning of our religious tradition" is must to have for anyone who has slight pangs of my way is high way in religious matters.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Heaven will it be heaven if I was brooding over this: Is it possible to claim being an adherents of hindu philopshy and still come with stinging criticism of others belief no matter how ridiculous/intolerant they may be. My view is you can't you will have to let them be if u area a good hindu and that's why I so often claim I am not a Hindu because i so earnestly feel something deserves criticis particualrly in presetn scenario and for that if I have to be bad a hindu so be it.