Vedic mathematics thread

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

Oke I am enlisting these names Doc, Shwetabh, Boss, CC, Vroomfondel, DR, .....New addition: Gator Just one vedic math trick a day must come pick your day. So far there are only six person in the list so we can have sunday off. :lmao: Here it goes main sri ganesh kar raha hun, initial ones look obvious but for the sake of completeness all will be put. Particualrly for guys aspiring for CAT/GMAT this is going to be of immense help given how quick the calculation becomes. (1) By addition by subtraction: While adding use method of subtraction and vice versa. eg. 48 +23= 73-2=71 use 50 instead of 48 .. (2) All from 9 and last from 10: This is easy way to subtract any number from the nmber base 10, 100 ,1000 etc. For instance: 1000-357 Now see how it works. 9-3=6 9-5=4 10-7=3 answer is 643 Quote: From the intrinsic evidence of his creation the great architect of the universe now begins to appear as mathematician.. Sir James Jeans

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Vedic mathematics thread

Done ... Lekin is naachez ka naam kayko add kiya ... apun saala matric phail hai re .... supari waala kaam ho tau batane ka ... :lol:
bahanebazi nahin chalegi :lmao:

Re: Vedic mathematics thread I am far more impressed with ancient indian medicine, physics, chemistry and math than the example quoted above- which is rather basic considering some of our mathematical achievements. Dont see how its 'vedic' math either- people forget that India is NOT a hindu-only country or that we always had 8 outta 10 people to be hindus. A lot of the sciences in the subcontinent owes itself to not just hindus but also buddhists and jains. The concept of infinity and zero were envisioned by the buddhists..kepler's laws were found by hindus, entropy by the Jains, etc etc. This is our collective heritage- religion doesnt enter the equation here. Besides, i think its a safe bet that many of these scientific minds were a bit more advanced to fall for petty and nonsensical stuff like Gods and Goddesses.

Guest dada_rocks

I am far more impressed with ancient indian medicine, physics, chemistry and math than the example quoted above- which is rather basic considering some of our mathematical achievements. Dont see how its 'vedic' math either- people forget that India is NOT a hindu-only country or that we always had 8 outta 10 people to be hindus. A lot of the sciences in the subcontinent owes itself to not just hindus but also buddhists and jains. The concept of infinity and zero were envisioned by the buddhists..kepler's laws were found by hindus, entropy by the Jains, etc etc. This is our collective heritage- religion doesnt enter the equation here. Besides, i think its a safe bet that many of these scientific minds were a bit more advanced to fall for petty and nonsensical stuff like Gods and Goddesses.
CC complex things will come, I started with basic just for the sake of completeness. One trick basic or complex a week, that's ur responsibility i think it's not asking much.

hahaha' date=' u proud tht some of the things came from buddhism and jainism..... i say, they both came from hinduism, dammit....[/quote'] Maybe,maybe not. Hinduism too has been influenced a lot from buddhism and jainism. Its older perhaps but doesnt mean it gets credit for everything to do with Indian culture or accomplishments. I personally found non-buddhist/non-jain hindu philosophy to be more simplistic,but thats just me.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Vedic mathematics thread guys let us not make this one into a janisin vs buddhis vs hinduism for all its worth to me these all are a subset of larger vedant philopshy. let this thread be for just vedic math tricks

guys let us not make this one into a janisin vs buddhis vs hinduism for all its worth to me these all are a subset of larger vedant philopshy. let this thread be for just vedic math tricks
Okay. Well if its just about vedic math, i guess we should discount the zero and infinity- those are clearly buddhist defined concepts ( the concept of Zero = concept of 'shunyata' from Buddhism). Why not just talk about Indian sciences ? However, i do see the average hindu has a tendency to hog a lot of the praise that the jains/buddhists deserve, simply because India today is 80% or more hindu and they think India has always been 'defined' as hindu- when infact historical study shows that hinduism has ebbed and flowed and the culture of the subcontinent is a bit too profound and diverse to just have evolved from one school of thought(ie, hinduism). I certainly dont see Jainism or Buddhism to be a subset of 'vedant' philosophy- for one, a lot of vedant philosophy influenced buddhism and jainism but buddhist and jain philosophy also influenced hinduism a lot.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Vedic mathematics thread Well there is not clear cut division between these three, he claimed she claimed aside. I am claiming one to be super-set simly on the basis that it precedes the other two there is no doubt synergical coexistance was and is in place. Who did what aside you could very well call it buddhism/jainism.hinduism math I have no problme wiht it whatsoever.

I am claiming one to be super-set simly on the basis that it precedes the other two there is no doubt synergical coexistance was and is in place.
A super-set is one that encompasses the data in all the sets underneath it. In this context, it'd mean that a superset is one that contains philosophy/viewpoints of all the sets under it. Hinduism is older- but it doesnt encompass the philosophy of buddhism or jainism and distinctively adopted/was influenced by those two. So it cannot be the superset..anyways, i agree. lets move back to the main topic at hand. I bring forth quadratic equations-another indian science achievement.

Guest dada_rocks

I am claiming one to be super-set simly on the basis that it precedes the other two there is no doubt synergical coexistance was and is in place.
A super-set is one that encompasses the data in all the sets underneath it. In this context, it'd mean that a superset is one that contains philosophy/viewpoints of all the sets under it. Hinduism is older- but it doesnt encompass the philosophy of buddhism or jainism and distinctively adopted/was influenced by those two. So it cannot be the superset..anyways, i agree. lets move back to the main topic at hand. I bring forth quadratic equations-another indian science achievement.
Good we can bicker about what is what in some other thread anyway I don't hold strong opinion regrading boundary demarcation. Super-set in strict sense may be the wrong choice of words in matters concerning philopshy because one way or another even the presumed subset end up windeing the boundary of super-set. NOW CC mere mentioning of name won't do u will have to give the details I belive in those days even algebraic equation soln was approached through geometry so please post something to that effect how they used geometry or for that matter anything else to solve quadratic equations.

Guest dada_rocks

becos of all this infighting' date=' we dont get credit in the outside world for our achievements.....[/quote'] Ameen gator there goes ur name in the list now it's incumbent upon u too to contribute and thereby we are not taking sunday off :lmao:

Guest dada_rocks

i love science and math' date=' DR.... but i really dont like to discuss those in the forums, cos it leads to lot of ego clashes and especially with google around, it is futile...[/quote'] Are this one will be just reproduction of vedic tricks and hence google has to be involved. Ego should not come in to picture. :wtg: