Vegetarians?

Vedic_Kshatriya

Re: Vegetarians? lol Lurker.... u got to get ur definition of healthy straight..... i eat meat, and bench 250 lbs and a workout freak.... but i am not HEALTHY, compared to the rest of my family.... strength is not health... ur IT friend is right.... muscle Ts, and all tht is not life... i agree, i do all tht, but old enuf to realise, tht is not a big deal... i dont know how old u r, but i guess ur view of health will change.... one more thing, my dad never used to touch even eggs and he looked every inch solid with decent bulk.... u r fooling urself by equating killing plants to killing animals... then, murder to u is as simple as plucking a fruit...

Thanks for the Responses I'm glad to see the responses. I'm on a Lacto-Vegetarian diet as well, but for the vast majority of my life i have eaten meat. I also exclude Onions, Chives,Leeks, Spring Onions Garlic and Mushrooms from my diet - so i'm effectively on a vaishnav diet. First point I will make is, its quite funny that people think that eating red meat is "healthy". Eating red meat is extremely unhealthy it has a high content of unsaturated fat and cholesterol so linked to heart problems, as well as being strongly linked to cancer. You are what you eat. www.vegetarianbodybuilder.com I dont believe its true to say vegetarians are weak, just because of their diet. However a vegetarian will need to get the right combination of amino acids from various sources of food. Dairy contains complete protein. Plant Iron is more difficult to absorb, but adding vitamin C to that increases the rate of absorption. You see that quite alot of the masses of india are unhealthy and unfit, with little muscle. Why? Genetics, inability to exercise and they dont watch their diet - they dont have nutritional knowledge. The shoalin monks are powerhouses, fast and agile. They are Pure vegetarian, they dont even eat onions and garlic. Myth: India dont have a fast bowler because they are vegetarian - No because i dont see Khan and Pathan bowling express - and its likely most of the other bowlers eat meat. It is also a proven fact the vegetarians have a higher IQ. Humans are meant to be vegetarian, this is what scripture says and this is common sense. Concerning what the buddha said and didnt say depends on the path of Buddhism that is followed. There's no doubt in my mind that he was vegetarian. He never sanctioned the writing of any particular scripture, thus it made it possible for people to justify flesh eating by making up bullshit about him. "Since all sentient beings are equal as my only son, how can I allow my followers to eat the flesh of my son? Eating meat to me is out of the question. I have never allowed, I am not allowing, and I will never allow this practice - I have strictly condemned eating meat in every way." - Buddha Shakyamuni - "All beings tremble before violence. All fear death, all love life. See yourself in others. Then whom can you hurt? What harm can you do?" - "To become vegetarian is to step into the stream which leads to Nirvana." - "May all that have life be delivered from suffering." Animal killing is done purely out of selfish reason. The average american eats more eat than any of the ancient pharohs of egypt. Thats why theyre so fat. It makes me sick to think of the lines of cows, chicken and pigs lined up, put through torture and killed. If you can eat meat, then you should try human flesh. I'm sure it has all the nutrients we need in it. veg-karma-in-action.jpg

Re: Vegetarians? When I have kids, I will make sure they eat a healthy balanced diet that includes meat. I see meat as essential to a child's development. I will even turn a blind eye if they tuck in to beef now and then (which I have done on occasion)... Then, when they get to a certain age between 13-16, I'll give them the choice to carry on, or go veggie. This was pretty much what happened with me, so even when I was veggie for 12 years, my frame seemed to suggest I ate meat regularly...

Re: Vegetarians? i am really surprised at how many people use bodybuilding as a crutch to eat meat.... how many of u are bodybuilders who really need the advantage of slaughtered animals..... eggs, milk, cheese, dal, sprouts, soy and beans can get u more than enuf protein if u r into jus working out to have a decent physique.... the thing is, none of u have tried eating tthese foods in a systematic and calculated manner to really pass a comment on the efficiency of tht system.... i agree, eating meat is an easier way, but is it an ethical and healthy way, is the debate?

Re: Vegetarians? good points..I personally find the idea of eating dead flesh quite disgusting. also I feel better knowing a life not taken just to fill my stomach :shrug: PS for any doubters I have a good physic, much better than most meat eaters I've came across. so there :lmao:

Re: Vegetarians? how bout fur???? btw, how does one explain chicken wings with alchohol.... i mean, many people here argued tht meat is sustenance and good health and all kind of BS arguments.... facking eating dozens of wings of chicken while boozing with ur buddies, aint tht sinful???? again, i am guilty, but i am jus sharing the guilts i get nowadays which is making me contemplate quitting meat totally atleast in the next year or so...

Re: Vegetarians? everything in moderation folks. The occasional wings wont kill you. Eating it as a staple will lead to some trouble for sure. I dont drink but that is because I have seen people losing their tongues after one too many and am too much of a control freak to allow myself to do the same. Having said that I dont allocate sin or guilt based on what you eat or drink. There are far more important parameters on which to judge people's character than food/drink.

Re: Vegetarians?

just as long as a Hindu doesnt eat beef' date=' meat eating is fine.[/quote'] i know loads that do.. all of my school friends in bombay, eat meat and drink alocohol regularly.. except couple of jains stop in their holy months.. they were surprised when i told them i am still vegeterian living in states..

Re: Vegetarians? i used to eat beef till last year wen i quit cos the guilt killed me... not tht i want to act preachy... but this was my line of thot... the only other creature other than ur mother which gives u milk is the cow.... it gives us its blood, its nutrition and everything... we have to really worship it like our mother.... it is a very noble animal....

Re: Vegetarians? The scriptures say that to kill/eat a Cow is a great sin. It does hold a special place. However, In reality flesh cant be distinguished from other flesh. The scriptures say that meat should not be eaten, animals should not be killed for our selfish needs. If you think about it, its hypocritical to eat one kind of meat, but say its bad to eat another kind. Eating ANY meat is not sanctioned. "Does eating meat make someone a bad Hindu?" The word Hindu has no definition. Hinduism has no definition. When I open up a book about Hinduism, all I see is random stuff mixed together. A Shaivite Brahmin can be called "Hindu", so can some tribal people worshipping ghost spirits in a tree. From what ive seen so-called Hindus havent even read the Bhagvad Gita,some dont know what the Bhagavad Gita is, some dont know who Krishna is (in the west). Yet everyone calls themselves "Hindu" a word given to us by invading arabs,persians,turks etc. It is derogotary. You cant be a Good or Bad Hindu because there is not a definition to what a Hindu is. The word Hindu doesnt even appear in any scripture (Hinduism does not appear either). There are definitions to what a Vaishnav, Sikh, Muslim, Buddhist and Jain etc, are. You have to follow principles and a certain way of life to be one.....otherwise you're not one. Simple rules. Some people are born into a family of a certain religion, therefore feel the need to label themselves as that religion, even if they're are not pracitising....this is only natural.