About time we opened either a political section or Chill out

Don

Guest dada_rocks

Re: About time we opened either a political section or Chill out Same bul$hit has started again.. it's 71 war memorial week dude.. take it easy. If are ashamed of the war rsult well u can still take it easy it will pass within a week. :wall: besides there is already a fun forum and other sports forum.. I don't see any of u two doing anything over there either. So stop acting like Rahul Gandhi who sits on dharna on the eve of opposition boycott of parliament session claiming his voices are being strangleed despite the fact that he never utters a single word when parliament is in session. Pardon me for using this political metaphor :lmao:

Re: About time we opened either a political section or Chill out yaar tell ravi to open a politics/serious forum and post allll ur rants, new, religious issues there i jus dont wanna read all that serious stuff in genral discussion i mean ur literally posting away with little or no response from other all the while pusshin the good fun posts down.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: About time we opened either a political section or Chill out I will say what i have said ever don't freaking read it it's so simple.. I don't see u or ur side-kick posting anything on any matter anyway all u are good at is complaining. :wall:

Re: About time we opened either a political section or Chill out

yaar tell ravi to open a politics/serious forum and post allll ur rants' date=' new, religious issues there i jus dont wanna read all that serious stuff in genral discussion i mean ur literally posting away with little or no response from other all the while pusshin the good fun posts down.[/quote'] If couple more requests similarly am sure the mods will create one. Unfortunately Don, I don't mod the forums but Dhondy, Bheem and the rest do. I think there are a lot of religious topics in the general discussions and that may not be on everyone's agenda including mine on a daily basis. Maybe the mods should take a look to see if there are a lot of religious ones and if there are, they can be moved to a new forums. This way the ones that like to post on these issues can make way for more variety in general discussions.

Re: About time we opened either a political section or Chill out My concept of the General Discussions forum was that it would be a watering hole for intellectuals. I think I speak for many of us when I say that I feel starved of intellectual stimulation outside work. That's why I visit this forum- it provides me contact with many highly educated, inquisitive, and razor sharp brains at the click of a button. I had this idea that people would post about issues they found perplexing. What was intriguing at work? What did they read today that raised questions in their mind? how did they go about answering those questions? What conclusions did they come to? What fascinates me about people are their thought processes. What are they thinking? How can I learn from it? What are the best practices they are using at work? How can I use those to improve my own performance, perhaps become an even better professional? For a nice example of how thought processes work, look at Lurker's post on the EU stand on Pakistan. He illustrates what went on in his mind and how he went behind the printed word to verify his first impressions. It's the sort of post that leaves a lasting impression on you. It's not news that turns on people, folks...it's your thoughts.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: About time we opened either a political section or Chill out Most of the news pieces which I post come in thought forms may not be mine but in sink with mine. I am sure intellectual stimulation should not get stymied by the orgin of thoughts. Moreover this is my feeling over the years many many people here just have no clue about finer points of history geography of India due to their non-resident nature or may be some other reason and so I also have this easy access to data in mind just in a hope that they might click and I do see many do. Well today I fortunatley clicked on 71 episode and thought people might like to know the tidbits. For instance how many knew Morarji Desai being both Bharat Ratna and Nishan-e-pakistan Another thing i noticed is the complaints come from people who otherwise are absent from the discussion political or otherwise and it does smacks of some prejudice. BTW lurkers post is again excerpt of orginal report available on the same page. This is besides the point I just don't get it why some idea should not trigger thought process irresepective of origin. Last but not the least there is no need to address in third person plural number it's obvious u are addressing me so talk directly.

Re: About time we opened either a political section or Chill out Arrey baba who is asking for styming any convo ? Nobody is asking for censorship. I tihnk what the poster is asking(and i second it) is just like how cricket and 'non cricket' needed to be seperated, the 'non cricket' side being a bit too broad needs to be seperated into 'intellectual debate' and 'plain ol lazy mucking around fun' sections. Nothing wrong in that IMO.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: About time we opened either a political section or Chill out Use of word rant in OP paints different picture.. anyway I made the point that there already is a fun section and anyway it's none of my business its mod's portfolio they can create thousand forums if they want.

Re: About time we opened either a political section or Chill out Exactly CC1981. As for dhondy., i full appreciate ur thread on dazzling science facts, and it righfully belongs in this section. But most of DR's political thread are just not my cuppa tea. :tired:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: About time we opened either a political section or Chill out

Exactly CC1981. As for dhondy.' date=' i full appreciate ur thread on dazzling science facts, and it righfully belongs in this section. But most of DR's political thread are just not my cuppa tea. :tired:[/quote'] And my point is even those threads which u purportedly like u choose not to contribute for whatever reason I did check that physics/math thread, so what difference does it make... U don't contribute in politics thread which u don't like anyway...just chill why throw tantrums.. Anyway I am done with this thred let mods do whatever they deem fit.

Re: About time we opened either a political section or Chill out Dada, my post was truly general in nature, just airing my views in the open to see how people feel, rather than directed at any individuals. I rarely read your religion threads because religion doesn't interest me, but nothing stops me from clicking on the Vivekananda type threads, for example. I know it is religious in a sense, but it is inspirational too! Anything that makes me feel better about the world in general. Hope you see where I am coming from. :-)

Re: About time we opened either a political section or Chill out i think dada_r is doing a great job....he is just posting there what he belives in...if someone does not like it..just dont reply or read.. and u will do well if u urself start a fun topic instead of complaining abt others topic...

Re: About time we opened either a political section or Chill out DR is a gem and a very valuable contributor.... i, personally dont have the time to go through so much of political garbage to weed out the relevant news and he does tht, and we have to appreciate it..... like someone said, nobody is forcing u to read them.... for example, i usually dont click much on threads about aussie or english cricket for a personal reason..... but i dont go around telling people, tht this is indian cricket fans site and they dhould not open a thread about the idiots down under or there should be a separate forum for discussion pom dumbarses...