Potential bidders for two new IPL franchises (Pune and Kochi selected)

SachDan

why do they want to invest so much money?? thats a ridiculous amount of dough!!! they stadiums in india do suck! thats for sure. maybe xcept of dy patil and the new chennai stadium. all other stadiums are over 80+ years old and have freakin pillars in the stands to hold the roof, unexceptable these days. i hate to have a seat, with a pillar blocking my view. for as much india loves this sport they should have a better infrastructure. i heard noida wants to build a 1 lakh seat stadium, its supposed to be a part of the sportscity which will feature a f1 circuit and an 25k hockey stadium.

An eclectic cast of businessmen and movie stars is likely to bid for the right to own two new teams that will take part in the next IPL. Fourteen likely bidders, 12 of them new, have bought tender documents apart from the owners of the Videocon and Adani groups, which are widely believed to have almost won an earlier round that was cancelled on March 7. The IPL’s governing council will announce the winners this Sunday in Chennai. Multiple sources familiar with the matter said the contest to own the IPL teams would likely be among five contenders—Sahara Group run by reclusive businessman Subrata Roy, the promoters of north-based Jaypee Group, the families running Videocon and Adani, and Pune-based builder Anirudh Deshpande. A consortium consisting of actors Ajay Devgn, Sanjay Dutt and Suniel Shetty is also believed to have bought the tender documents. Read more..

now where will they find players for the two teams i wonder.....
there should be plenty of cricket players in india and other countries also pak players will be back nxt year. i guess the contract players signed in ipl1 were only 3y contracts, so not everybody will be resigned or players will be looking for a bigger paycheck. for example yusuf is seriously underpaid for his services. plus somebody mentioned that there would be an expansion draft.

there should be plenty of cricket players in india and other countries also pak players will be back nxt year. i guess the contract players signed in ipl1 were only 3y contracts, so not everybody will be resigned or players will be looking for a bigger paycheck. for example yusuf is seriously underpaid for his services. plus somebody mentioned that there would be an expansion draft.
yea.... i saw Brian Lara sitting in the Mumbai Indians dugout last game... so may be.......

TAMIM IQBAL from bangladesh comes to my mind..... he is one player who shud be taken lookin at his form.... i cant think of any one else from any other team....
Their captain Shakib is also a utility all rounder and will suit the shorter format There are a lot of players who have not yet appeared in IPL Lendl Simmons, Brad Haddin, Rizwan Cheema, Thilina Kandamby, Upul Tharanga, Phillip Hughes, Ryan ten Doeschate, CJ de Villiers, Herath, Ramdiv etc. just to name a few