Is IPL hurting Indian cricket?

Feed

Is IPL hurting Indian cricket?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Kid, read up on India's Test wins in Adelaide 2003 Kolkata 2001 Headingley 2002 Rawalpindi 2004 Jamaica 2006 Wanderers 2006 Port of Spain 2002 instead of coming up with this rubbish about us finding our "peak after introduction of T20".
7 in 6 years! not bad but India started winning consistently only after the T20 WC and Dhoni. This is the fact. I can find 7 test wins in 6 years even in the 90s but India being #1 did not happen until after T20 wc and Dhoni.
Is IPL hurting Indian cricket? no it is not.we are no1 in test and no2 in odis.And as u are not ipl fan than u should not care about t20 performance of india.
"If you don't like Sharukh khan you should not watch Indian movies" ya.this is a fact.if u dont like sharukh ,aamir and hrithik then u should not watch indian movies.u will not like it.ipl is better than t20 worldcup.
stop smocking w/e that you are! All in all, ignorant people will never learn to respect and accept the truth about something new(T20) being better than what they have been rooting all their lives (Tests).
1. Whole phenomenon started because Modi wanted to milk as much as possible using one T20 cup win. 2. More importantly it was started mainly to negate ICL which they successfully did. 3.Fact is we have been sliding in T20 format ever since we won the T20 cup final. One format we are supposed to be "very good" at because of IPL.
1. and 2. are just pointless to argue on 3. False, we have not been sliding in T20 format ever since... We have only been able to generate more interest in cricket from every corner of the cricketing nations. This has not only helped ODIs and Tests generate more public over the past few years but also created inspiration and enthusiasm for many players. Many created fuss about ODI's in it's initial years but guess what? It only over took the number of tests being played later on. I can see Cricket being world famous on the strength of ODIs and T20s in next 20 odd years.
3. False, we have not been sliding in T20 format ever since... We have only been able to generate more interest in cricket from every corner of the cricketing nations. This has not only helped ODIs and Tests generate more public over the past few years but also created inspiration and enthusiasm for many players. Many created fuss about ODI's in it's initial years but guess what? It only over took the number of tests being played later on. I can see Cricket being world famous on the strength of ODIs and T20s in next 20 odd years.
Red Pure Rambling .. Green We have lost 4 of the last 5 ODIs. Lost 7 of the last 12 since we won T20 final. Two of the wins were against BD and Ireland. Effectively last 7 of the last 10 matches played against top teams at the international. How is that not sliding.

7 games are enough to decide a team's fate? Give it some time and space to breath. Indian T20 team will fire. It's a new format therefore we are trying out new things every game. We have not been playing T20s regularly hence it's hard to maintain the momentum. Give it a few more years when T20s will be played on series bases. That's when we can say that India is good or bad or sliding

7 games are enough to decide a team's fate? Give it some time and space to breath. Indian T20 team will fire. It's a new format therefore we are trying out new things every game. We have not been playing T20s regularly hence it's hard to maintain the momentum. Give it a few more years when T20s will be played on series bases. That's when we can say that India is good or bad or sliding
Basically you admit India can get better in T20 only when they play as a team at the international level not through IPL. Because we played tons of IPL matches over the last 2 years.

IPL has surely helped Indian cricket.Look at Manish Pandey,he got 100 in IPL,his confidence grew n he ended up being highest run getter in Ranjis. What i dont understand is why its necessary for star Indian players to participate?if MJ can opt out of IPL,why cant SRT?

IPL has surely helped Indian cricket.Look at Manish Pandey,he got 100 in IPL,his confidence grew n he ended up being highest run getter in Ranjis. What i dont understand is why its necessary for star Indian players to participate?if MJ can opt out of IPL,why cant SRT?
Do you think BCCI would let a crowd-puller like SRT sit it out? If the Indian stars pulled out how much interest would there be in the tournament?
Do you think BCCI would let a crowd-puller like SRT sit it out? If the Indian stars pulled out how much interest would there be in the tournament?
that is hypothetical.last year people said IPL will be a flop if its moved outside India.it was a major hit in the end.i'm sure Modi will find a way to make IPL a hit in any case. besides,i'm not asking all Indian players to give it a miss.i'm asking the guys on wrong side of 35 like SRT,RD to be given a break IF THEY WANT.Dhoni,Sehwag,Yuvraj can still play n they'll bring in the crowds
that is hypothetical.last year people said IPL will be a flop if its moved outside India.it was a major hit in the end.i'm sure Modi will find a way to make IPL a hit in any case. besides,i'm not asking all Indian players to give it a miss.i'm asking the guys on wrong side of 35 like SRT,RD to be given a break IF THEY WANT.Dhoni,Sehwag,Yuvraj can still play n they'll bring in the crowds
I still feel that way, the team owners have bought certain people because of their crowd pulling power (as well as cricket skills). I don't see them letting those guys of because it will help their career, most of the people involved are there for business reasons, they're gonna look to make the most money possible and for them to do that they want all star players there
I still feel that way' date=' the team owners have bought certain people because of their crowd pulling power (as well as cricket skills). I don't see them letting those guys of because it will help their career, most of the people involved are there for business reasons, they're gonna look to make the most money possible and for them to do that they want all star players there[/quote'] so the player in question has no say?thats the part i'm worried about. if a player in question says well in advance that he wants to miss this edition of IPL,why shouldnt he be allwed?the franchisee can be compensated with another player(or maybe even two players).they'll lose out on star power for sure but the player also has right to look after himself.
so the player in question has no say?thats the part i'm worried about. if a player in question says well in advance that he wants to miss this edition of IPL,why shouldnt he be allwed?the franchisee can be compensated with another player(or maybe even two players).they'll lose out on star power for sure but the player also has right to look after himself.
After the players have put themselves up for auction to be bought and sold I think they'd have very little say
so the player in question has no say?thats the part i'm worried about. if a player in question says well in advance that he wants to miss this edition of IPL,why shouldnt he be allwed?the franchisee can be compensated with another player(or maybe even two players).they'll lose out on star power for sure but the player also has right to look after himself.
I think they have some stipulations. You have to play so many matches to gain the entire contract money. If you miss more than 4 matches in a season you may not get the full money.

sorry for the late reply:((

After the players have put themselves up for auction to be bought and sold I think they'd have very little say
it sounds fair for players who r bought for a year or 2-3 yrs max.but the icons players r gonna be there forever.dont think one year's absence will cause huge losses to franchisees. as for star power,it was really important only in 1st season,now the star-fan relationship has been established.MI fans will go to watch Jayasuriya,KXIP fans will watch Sanga n so on.obiously it wont be the same,but it wont be that tragic as well
I think they have some stipulations. You have to play so many matches to gain the entire contract money. If you miss more than 4 matches in a season you may not get the full money.
u mean players r allowed to miss it if they want?i dont think so.i dont think money will be a factor for likes of SRT,RD.so can only assume that thy wanna play it for own pride:hmmm:
u mean players r allowed to miss it if they want?i dont think so.i dont think money will be a factor for likes of SRT,RD.so can only assume that thy wanna play it for own pride:hmmm:
Not Tendulkar. Other guys like Ishant won't opt out. If he opts out he will do a service to KKR :haha:. But opting out won't get him full amount.