Kabul Express -- Anyone excited?

Lurker

I for one am. Been a longggg time since any Hindi movie was made with Afganistan backdrop. Khuda gawaah was the last one I beleive. The official website seems impressive. If the movie is not great atleast the stills would be fantastic. http://www.yashrajfilms.com/microsites/kabulexpress/microflash.htm I wonder why more movies are not made with Afganistan backdrop? I mean of course current situation there is not too appealing but Hindi movies have been a big hit in Afganistan and Afgans have been known to warm up to Indians, specially with the mention of Hindi movies..

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Kabul Express -- Anyone excited? 30 years ke age mein ab movie ke liye excited nahin ho sakta janaab, koi achchhi nikal jati hai jaise Khosla ka Ghosla usko baar baar dekha lete hain.. :wtg:

Re: Kabul Express -- Anyone excited? Got around to seeing Kabul Express finally over this Christmas holidays. A good idea that has been expedited rather well. Two Indian journalist's adventures through a war-torn Afganistan. The fellow passengers include a Pakistani "Taleban" and an Afgani. I went in after having read mixed reviews about it, specially how it was "anti-Pakistan". It was anything but that. There are no judgement calls here and even though you can clearly see a hatred between certain folks you can also detect they are correct in their own ways. Great photography, nice one-liners, some spine-chilling facts of life and no sugar coatings. A recommended watch. xxx

Re: Kabul Express -- Anyone excited? Arshad Warsi gets more screen time and perhaps better lines as well. John Abraham's character is more like that of Amitabh in Sholay, silent brooding kind with one-liners in between. His retort to how Indian Mussalman are not "proper" Muslim is splendid without going over the top. Come to think of it John Abraham would have made a nice fit for Amitabh's role in RGV's Sholay. :chin: