Will Lara be in IPL 4?

mastana

No .. Lara gave an interview the other day too that he wont play cricket again .. he just told so to keep Modi's words
Mcgrath said the same but he played. I was very disappointed when Lara went to ICL. :hitler: I wanted to see him in IPL.

Lara shouldn't come bcak' date=' he's too old and I don't think he can handle pacers like Ishant and P. Kumar. He's no God[/quote'] LOL. I hope you were sarcastic there else you have a serious problem, mate. Honestly, I don't think Lara will be back playing. But I do think he might join the coaching staff of one of the franchises, MI looking the most probable one.

Lara in today's TOI: Will Brian Lara do a Michael Shumacher? Will the West Indian legend pick up the bat again, just like the German icon has decided to get behind the wheels again? We will have our answer when the auction for IPL-4 takes place in few months’ time. “Maybe it’s time for me to hit the gym again,’’ Lara fueled the speculation before the Kolkata Knight Riders’ game against Royal Challengers Bangalore at the Eden Gardens on Sunday. “Maybe in four months, I’ll be in a position to decide,’’ Lara smiled. Is he serious? Didn’t we ask the same thing when Schumacher announced his tentative step back on the track? “He was always our first choice,’’ IPL commissioner Lalit Modi said of Lara. “He was the first one I had approached when the IPL was conceived. Sadly, he wasn’t available,’’ Modi added. Lara was, of course, with the rebel Indian Cricket League then. The Zeesponsored event had already snapped up Lara when IPL was born. Now that the ICL is dead and forgotten, the stage is set for one of the game’s biggest icons to follow fellow-legends like Shane Warne, Matthew Hayden, Anil Kumble and Adam Gilchrist into the most glamourous league in the world. Lara will be 41 when IPL-4 gets under way, but age might not be a hurdle for a player of his class. Yet, it is too early for him to commit. Lara played the last of his 299 ODIs in April 2007. Having scored over 10,000 runs at a strike-rate of almost 80, Lara has the perfect credentials. Interesting times ahead in IPL. SOURCE: http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=TOIM/2010/03/15&PageLabel=25&EntityId=Ar02505&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T Now i am confused..What is happening :dontknow: