Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration

shailesh

http://ia.rediff.com/news/2006/dec/20george.htm?q=tp&file=.htm absolutely inhuman :mad: yes the couple made a mistake with visas, but I can't believe our own people can treat fellow countrymen so cold hartedly? even when little kids are involved? they couldn't spare another hour? The courtesy extended the french guy just shows what a disgrace few people are :assault:

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration Can't believe it. The parents made a big blunder by not getting the visas or the PIO card with them. It was not as if they were in a state of emergency. But these Visa officials. Damn. How moronic and cruel is that? 45 minutes to get things in order. WTF? Atleast given them a few hours you ahole.

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration Something doesn't sound right? I mean who knows what the whole story is ( but I have seen US Passport and Greencard Holders looking down on India officials and treating them like sh.t ) But if the story is completely true, it is really unbelievable. Also, how can so many people be that careless? no one checked the visa?

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration

'The worst part was that there was a Frenchman from the same flight sitting in the immigration office who forgot to even apply for an Indian visa. The immigration official gave him a two-day transit visa.'
Sorry to say that international travel and border rules can't be twisted just because they look alike in colour. I think it is very careless to land in any country without a visa if the country doesn't allow transit visas. Has Indian immigration got anything against the American Nationals? What was the American High Commission's role in this. If they interfered am sure things would have been sorted out. What I don't like is of course the Frenchman being treated differently. If he did not even apply for a visa but still was allowed to stay back for 2 days then something must be wrong with the officials. :shrug:

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration Ravi no need to twist border rules. No one is saying let them in without a visa. It is within Indian rules to issue transit visa on demand as given to the French guy. Also, when you are talking about 10 year olds and 4 year olds of indian citizens, what better reason to give transit visa than these? And even then, if the folks have said they are getting the papers faxed, why the fack can't the guy given them sufficient time? Yes, they made a mistake. But there can be genuine emergency situations when someone gets a new passport and has to make an emergency travel without visa back to their home country.

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration Firstly it's their fault...how can you be so callous.. The parents are more to blame for the sufferings of the kids.. They probably expected to get royaletreatment because of their greencards. Feel bad for the kids though ....and they should complain about the french guy incidence.....infact they should have raised a stink then and there..... I won't be surprised if this is a one sided story ..... >>>>>'The children are very upset. The elder son questions the behaviour of people in India,' Vaishali said. >>>>>The family plans to leave for India in a few days. 'I feel ashamed of being an Indian. Those comments are quite unnecessary..... Frankly speaking...if the authorities were following rules...i have no problem.....

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration There is a rural adage "Babhan kutta nau , jaat dekh gurraw" [ Brahmin those who indulge in variaous pooja expecting dakshina, dog, barber don't find the presence of their own ilk gratifying] This should be extened to whole indian community resident non-resident alike. I have this habit of saying hello to people can't remember any white person giving me that spurning look after hello whereas my indian friends more often than not look at me with raised eyebrows as if I am about to hit on their wife. I am sure these same folks come of more than charming when a white person says hello to them. My wife so often takes me to task for this habit of mine asking why do I have to introduce myself to everybody :lmao: . I am not introducing, just saying hello will it kill them to nod their head in approval. I can understand girls getting little defensive particularly when I am not with my wife, over a hello from a brown stranger, it can pass off as haya but why do guys have to act the way they do. In nutshell we hate brown skin despite being brown ourselves and we put white skin on highest pedestal possible. We in general have very low esteem and this is not going to change anytime soon. Meanwhile all those spurning-looks people don't worry if u aren't changing I am not changing anytime soon either. I will keep saying hello whether u accept it or not, and these days I am forced bachelor so can't be taken to task by my wife either. :wtg: Shame on you bloody moron immigrant officer. I am sure this guy wanted his plam to be greased and when that didn't happen he showed his. PS: Indian embassy is the only place I guess where finger print of a 6 month old is sought for visa purpose. :wall:

Guest dada_rocks

Firstly it's their fault...how can you be so callous.. The parents are more to blame for the sufferings of the kids.. They probably expected to get royaletreatment because of their greencards. Feel bad for the kids though ....and they should complain about the french guy incidence.....infact they should have raised a stink then and there..... I won't be surprised if this is a one sided story ..... >>>>>'The children are very upset. The elder son questions the behaviour of people in India,' Vaishali said. >>>>>The family plans to leave for India in a few days. 'I feel ashamed of being an Indian. Those comments are quite unnecessary..... Frankly speaking...if the authorities were following rules...i have no problem.....
Giving transit VISA ia very much within the rule nothing illegal. You could not be mroe wrong viz a viz green card holders expecting royal treatment. Anyone who visits indian embassy once comes to the ground if at all there remains any ego in first place. Moreoevr green card holders mean they are still indian citizen.

Guest dada_rocks

Ravi no need to twist border rules. No one is saying let them in without a visa. It is within Indian rules to issue transit visa on demand as given to the French guy. Also, when you are talking about 10 year olds and 4 year olds of indian citizens, what better reason to give transit visa than these? And even then, if the folks have said they are getting the papers faxed, why the fack can't the guy given them sufficient time? Yes, they made a mistake. But there can be genuine emergency situations when someone gets a new passport and has to make an emergency travel without visa back to their home country.
:wtg: :wtg: :wtg:

Guest dada_rocks

the problem I have is what happened with the french guy..why was he not put on the same flight?
Read my post :wtg:

Guest dada_rocks

'The worst part was that there was a Frenchman from the same flight sitting in the immigration office who forgot to even apply for an Indian visa. The immigration official gave him a two-day transit visa.'
Sorry to say that international travel and border rules can't be twisted just because they look alike in colour. I think it is very careless to land in any country without a visa if the country doesn't allow transit visas. Has Indian immigration got anything against the American Nationals? What was the American High Commission's role in this. If they interfered am sure things would have been sorted out. What I don't like is of course the Frenchman being treated differently. If he did not even apply for a visa but still was allowed to stay back for 2 days then something must be wrong with the officials. :shrug:
Point is country allows transit visa and a frech guy in same place even got one

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration 'The worst part was that there was a Frenchman from the same flight sitting in the immigration office who forgot to even apply for an Indian visa. The immigration official gave him a two-day transit visa.' 'The immigration official said he would have sent us back even if I had a two-month-old baby. But for white skin laws will be different,' Vijay noted. 'The children are very upset. The elder son questions the behaviour of people in India,' Vaishali said. The family plans to leave for India in a few days. 'I feel ashamed of being an Indian. The Frenchman told me, "I am surprised how immigration personnel are treating you even after you being an Indian." What kind of world are we living in? The officials could have checked the computer for details since the children had visited India many times earlier,' Vijay said. 'India is the only democratic country that doesn't allow a transit visa to any foreign national,' he said. 'Yet our politicians want to improve tourism in India.' HOW do you make sense out of two bold paragraphs together

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration Does he expect to get back to US without relevant papers....i guess not!Before going to US this same guy will check his papers a hundred times...but will take India for granted.... Ghar ki murgi dal barabar... Stupid pade likhe bewakoof....and then they have the gall to badmouth the entire country....

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration aisee bewakoofon ki baat ka kya bharosa..... How can we tell if what they are saying about the french guy is the truth...? who knows ...may be his wasn't the same problem.... And if there was discrimination ...then they should go after the immigration officials for letting the french guy go....not take up their stupid case .

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration Baat ye hai rajeev ki...galat baat ke liye halla machate hain... Today they are showing a woman...a sister of a martyr soldier who was given a pertol pump after his death.The petrol pump was sealed for adulteration in petrol.Now this woman is doing drama in front of the whole nation.....trying to immolate herself...to get the petrol pump seal removed.