IPL v. test cricket skills

straight.drive

One skill that is emphasized by T20 is risk-taking. Only men that would take extreme risks would prosper in T20. But this would not be possible for majority of test cricketers. If you emphasize on technique, you are essentially following methods to minimize the risk of walking back to pavilion. As such players like them would not dare to take any risks if there is a sudden format change

Don't short change the IPL, it was extremely pathetic to see Dravid and Kaliis rotate the strike as if it was Day 2 of a Test Match. We have two stalwarts at the crease together for the "VOW" factor but it don't get you runs The game is there, its a 20 over slog but you gotta know how to do it. It doesn't matter if you have 10K runs in TEST, this one needs you to hit over the top; if you are not good at it - don't sign up I am yet to see Sachin go Berserk too Its safe to say that the only likes of Viru and Gambhir are complete batsmen when it comes to any format See it this way - if there were 20 runs required of the last over in a 50 over game, who would you send as a Batsman

Don't short change the IPL, it was extremely pathetic to see Dravid and Kaliis rotate the strike as if it was Day 2 of a Test Match. We have two stalwarts at the crease together for the "VOW" factor but it don't get you runs The game is there, its a 20 over slog but you gotta know how to do it. It doesn't matter if you have 10K runs in TEST, this one needs you to hit over the top; if you are not good at it - don't sign up I am yet to see Sachin go Berserk too
Of all the stalwarts Laxman looked the lamest in this format. As classy as a batsman he is he just looks Ridiculous when he launches ugly swipes, ungainly swishes. Atleast Gangu dada knows a few big shots that can make him look like a T20 player once in a while. You are right. Even Sachin looks out of place in this format.

Rajiv - on the contrary both Kallis and Dravid played quite well when they were there at the crease! I am surprised by your comments on their batting in their first game. Kallis in fact was the standout performer. And Dravid, during his brief stay, appeared in divine touch. Dont put it past these masters to excel in the youngest form of the game too. Dravid has shown in past IPLs as to how well he can hold his own against the best in the business!

Don't short change the IPL, it was extremely pathetic to see Dravid and Kaliis rotate the strike as if it was Day 2 of a Test Match. We have two stalwarts at the crease together for the "VOW" factor but it don't get you runs The game is there, its a 20 over slog but you gotta know how to do it. It doesn't matter if you have 10K runs in TEST, this one needs you to hit over the top; if you are not good at it - don't sign up I am yet to see Sachin go Berserk too Its safe to say that the only likes of Viru and Gambhir are complete batsmen when it comes to any format See it this way - if there were 20 runs required of the last over in a 50 over game, who would you send as a Batsman
I think he gave a solid pounding to KKR bowlers in IPL1.