"Salaam-Namaste" to pre-marital sex?

Desi Cartman

Coz' date=' marriage is nothing but a license for society. They have overcome that requirement, its still common law[/quote'] have they over come it or are just scared of commitment. Some of the people I have known who have been living with their partners for more than 5-7 yrs have only mentioned " We are not sure yet " ..

http://www.ndtv.com/news/videos/video_player.php?id=1213110 interesting debate :hmmm: I support pre-martial sex :D but I dont understand why people ( especially in the western world) live together for 30 yrs , have kids but still dont want to get married ? Whats your take
I agree fully. Having kids before marriage is a horrible idea. Not because it's unethical, but because it usually messes up the kids' life.
Coz' date=' marriage is nothing but a license for society. They have overcome that requirement, its still common law[/quote'] Live in relationships are usually not very serious where marriage means serious commitment. It's like you take a test drive and the you buy the car. It's very easy to walk out of a live in on small issues.

BTW you may recall that Khushbu, the south Indian actress, made a statement that pre-marital sex is not bad which caused a lot of controversy all around. Then 25 cases were filed on her for making that statement. She went to high court claiming the cases were frivolous, was turned down. Then she went to Supreme court which agreed with her and all the cases were dropped. That is when Supreme court said that from a legal point of view pre-marital sex is not an offense and that it's Khushbu's personal opinion for which she could not be sued. Two things surprised me immensely in this entire episode: 1. 25 cases? Where do people get the time and money for such worthless and inconsequential exercises? How can there be 25 individuals/organizations who can do something as useless as that? 2. Why does the Indian judiciary accept these idiotic and moronic cases where there are thousands of genuine cases lingering on for years for alleged lack of time and manpower? Why does it take a supreme court for them to realize that these cases are frivolous and hence a wastage of time? Why the attention seekers not punished for wasting the court's time? I remember once someone sued some actresses for emotional stress because the actresses exposed. Some high court even sent summons to the actresses stating that failing to show would result in a non-bailable warrant. The actresses ran to the supreme court to get the case dismissed. A guy once sued an actress claiming that she was his married wife. He lost and the sued another actress. Lost again and the sued another actress. It was on the third attempt that he was arrested and prosecuted. Why cant the courts ask for some basic proof before such claims are even entertained?

Sex is good any kind
hey man, wtf, this is a family phorum. please don't advocate your bullshit liberal philosophies on the forum. we have some <18 kidz here. we don't really want them to get involved in this kind of **** and get a gazillion different diseases, as they will be bitter and lonely for the rest of their life. sex is supposed to be a sacred thing between a loving AND MARRIED couple, and it is supposed to be kept private. discussing and, more importantly, advocating such behavior is not cool. i hope you would consider this and also consider this to change your life. i would suggest yoga, meditation, and a religious book of your choice for 30 days to cleanse your system. i am sure He too will reconsider his choice of sending you to hell if you purify yourself. may God bless you, my son.

http://www.ndtv.com/news/videos/video_player.php?id=1213110 interesting debate :hmmm: I support pre-martial sex :D but I dont understand why people ( especially in the western world) live together for 30 yrs , have kids but still dont want to get married ? Whats your take
May be because if a live-in relationship breaks up they don't have to pay the same kind of monetary settlements they pay if they are married an divorced??

BTW you may recall that Khushbu, the south Indian actress, made a statement that pre-marital sex is not bad which caused a lot of controversy all around. Then 25 cases were filed on her for making that statement. She went to high court claiming the cases were frivolous, was turned down. Then she went to Supreme court which agreed with her and all the cases were dropped. That is when Supreme court said that from a legal point of view pre-marital sex is not an offense and that it's Khushbu's personal opinion for which she could not be sued. Two things surprised me immensely in this entire episode: 1. 25 cases? Where do people get the time and money for such worthless and inconsequential exercises? How can there be 25 individuals/organizations who can do something as useless as that? 2. Why does the Indian judiciary accept these idiotic and moronic cases where there are thousands of genuine cases lingering on for years for alleged lack of time and manpower? Why does it take a supreme court for them to realize that these cases are frivolous and hence a wastage of time? Why the attention seekers not punished for wasting the court's time? I remember once someone sued some actresses for emotional stress because the actresses exposed. Some high court even sent summons to the actresses stating that failing to show would result in a non-bailable warrant. The actresses ran to the supreme court to get the case dismissed. A guy once sued an actress claiming that she was his married wife. He lost and the sued another actress. Lost again and the sued another actress. It was on the third attempt that he was arrested and prosecuted. Why cant the courts ask for some basic proof before such claims are even entertained?
Indian courts are a joke. Anybody can be sued or put in jail by the police without an iota of proof. All they need is somebody to allege. They can rot in courts/jails if you don't get a good lawyer or warm up to the police. I am scared of the police more than the mafia/criminals.

Yes it was being shown on NDTV yesterday.. it looked like a bogus debate and so I left watching it .. good topic and yes pre-marital sex is ok IMO .. but that should not mean turning into a sex-maniac society or going hippy like in the West .. hope that we remain in between the two .. by we I mean Indian society :P

have they over come it or are just scared of commitment. Some of the people I have known who have been living with their partners for more than 5-7 yrs have only mentioned " We are not sure yet " ..
I agree fully. Having kids before marriage is a horrible idea. Not because it's unethical, but because it usually messes up the kids' life. Live in relationships are usually not very serious where marriage means serious commitment. It's like you take a test drive and the you buy the car. It's very easy to walk out of a live in on small issues.
:hmmm: Live together for 30 years and scared of commitment

I can give you my opinion for what its worth,i had many many gfs and flings,it was an ego thing they come on to me and i couldnt resist,i think i had quite a strict religious upbringing in the christian church,when i stopped i made up for lost time,at the time it was great,but i feel having experienced this i can quite honestly say that i reccomend when h4te says that marraige is very sacred,india and indians in general have lived reasonably morally without strict laws than lands which adopt sharia law, as h4te says its a private thing between two loving couples,as an indian born n bred in the uk i can see in the last few years young indians trying to follow the west in the sexual revoloution,from uk and sadly from india too. Being married is great having daughters changes your view,also it causes so much jealousy with other spouses,i mean when i got married i asked weather she was or had relationships before only when she said no i agreed,its a typical chavaunistic male thing that we can sow our wild oats but expect girls to be virgins!My wife doesnt like the fact that i had relationships before she would be shocked if she knew the full extent,but its also very hard to control yourself even once married because living a single sleeping around life its hard to adjust because staying with one woman isnt easy if you have had many girls...so after my long winded comments my advice is Enjoy life, you dont have to sleep around to enjoy the other sexs company h4tes right i know many of my mates who have had stds, n many cant settle down who are in the late 30s...due to pre marital sex... i know im poacher turned gamekeeper but in my experience which is a lot i would advocate no sex before marraige .....