Advertising in the IPL

king2be98

Now I have enjoyed the cricket, some of the games which I've seen, of course if Pakistani players were involved then I'd be even more eager to watch more games. The cricket has been of a very good quality, some of the hitting has been superb, however you can see an obvious difference in class between the bowling in this league and international bowling. Despite all of this, as I've mentioned time and time again, the adverts ARE SO F***ing annoying. Here is an article from cricinfo which gives a more in depth view of the advertisements and I have to agree with every point made. http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/453685.html Which idiot decided to come up with terms like the DLF Maximum, City Moment of Success and now a Karbon Kamaal catch? I think they need to find that person and kick him very hard in the nuts. Even the sitters are mid off and mid on are called Kamaal catches, it's ridiculous. I understand that money has to be made, as it does in every other sport, but to put adverts in between balls and to add the time outs, they have really made a mess of it and gone way way way overboard. It;s such a shame that instead of watching a superb straight 6 from Hussey in repeat, we had to watch Max Mobile adverts, it was the first ball of the over that he hit for that sweet 6. Several Indian fans on cricinfo are also lamenting Modi and his colleagues for this mess.

I cannot believe what are we arguing with. Does it make any difference with a six and a DLF six? For me, if my team hits one, I feel happy no matter if it is called DLF six. Stop finding little things to criticize IPL and in particular Modi whom I feel has done an excellent job in proving entertainment and good cricket to us and money

I read somewhere Modi was also trying to sell the orange and purple caps to brands, but did not find any takers this time. Next time we'll probably hear Nirma sabun orange cap and Deluxe Nirodh purple cap.
The best batsman gets to wear Nirodh on his head :hysterical:

DLF Maximums and citi moment of success are acceptable. But' date=' Karbon Kamaal catch has got to be the most irritating term out there![/quote'] but the amazing thing is.. even if there is no catch..... commentators find a way to say karbon kamal.. i have noticed so many times commies saying oww if he had taken tht, it wud have been a karbon kamal catch.. or hes a good fielder.. he is gonna take the karbon kamal catch :wall: frankly, more than the adverts i find the commies are cringe-worthy..notable ones are LSRK,Shastri, Russel and Morrison

but the amazing thing is.. even if there is no catch..... commentators find a way to say karbon kamal.. i have noticed so many times commies saying oww if he had taken tht, it wud have been a karbon kamal catch.. or hes a good fielder.. he is gonna take the karbon kamal catch :wall:
:hysterical:

Stop finding little things to criticize IPL and in particular Modi whom I feel has done an excellent job in proving entertainment and good cricket to us and money
Here is the problem, it's not a little thing and we're not finding it, it's a big thing and it's right in front of us all for the entire 3 hour broadcast of the game. I as a viewer, although I didn't pay for the channel this year (ITV 4 is free), I have in the past and I expect good decent coverage of the cricket. With Sky I get that, from domestic English cricket to international cricket, the adverts aren't a major problem. But in this IPL, they have forgotten that the cricket matters more than the advertisements.

^ANd also that Zak,Munna and Pathan are the successes of the academy, and Gauti and Nohit are the ambassadors of the MRF blimp :wall: This happens to be the only line they say including the Director-Dennis Lillee whenever the Blimp is shown :wall: