Rajasthan is an ordinary side: Gambhir

Rajasthan is an ordinary side: Gambhir  

1. 1.

• Yes: He should be respectful towards his opponents
    • No: He speaks his mind, what's wrong with that
    • Don't care: Who am I to judge?

This censuring and throwing fines of thousands of dollars for slow overs makes me feel that the IPl is run like a school. The principal always fining students for the slightest mis demeanour or late arrival.
Its a good way to inculcate discipline.

There's no ordinary team, extra-ordinary team in the IPL and thats its major USP. Unlike other franchize based sports, there's hardly anything to choose from, b/w the different teams. Rajashthan may have some nondescript names like Jhunjunwala, Dogra, Lumb and Ojha, but on their day, they are as dangerous as most other teams.

There's no ordinary team, extra-ordinary team in the IPL and thats its major USP. Unlike other franchize based sports, there's hardly anything to choose from, b/w the different teams. Rajashthan may have some nondescript names like Jhunjunwala, Dogra, Lumb and Ojha, but on their day, they are as dangerous as most other teams.
The key point in your reply is "on their day". The owners just can't expect to have their days in 7 out of 14 matches, then have another day in the semis and yet another in the finals, with a squad like their's. I like the team but they are no match for even Chennai Super Kings, which is one of the weaker (bowling) units in the IPL.

Opinion might differ. But warning or criticizing Gaut is no need. May be because Modi's association with Rajasthan Royals or may be because he doesn't want IPL teams to be slighted?
Reprimanding Gauti was the right thing to do. You just can't go around calling teams ordinary even when they are ordinary. There's something called sporting spirit.

I feel scared to see the example our senior cricketers set for the youngsters. We first have Sehwag calling Bangladesh "ordinary", only to get pwned in the process. Then we have Gambhir calling Royals "ordinary" and getting rightly fined. Then we have the umpteen run-ins of players with the opposition. And to see young cricketers like Ojha among dozens of others yell abuses at the top of their voices after getting a wicket, you just can't justify this as "speaking your mind" or "spur of the moment reaction after getting clubbed around". I don't buy this crap and I don't remember Anil Kumble doing this ever in his life. Ditto with Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, Mark Taylor and dozens others.

111753.2.jpg Gauti bowling leg spin? I stand by what i said.....Read more...
GOO GAUTI.. sometimes I think, there is going to be a major walk out after IPL 3.. from players like gambhir, veeru, yuvi and SRT... they are keeping mum cuz of contracts and all..

I feel scared to see the example our senior cricketers set for the youngsters. We first have Sehwag calling Bangladesh "ordinary", only to get pwned in the process. Then we have Gambhir calling Royals "ordinary" and getting rightly fined. Then we have the umpteen run-ins of players with the opposition. And to see young cricketers like Ojha among dozens of others yell abuses at the top of their voices after getting a wicket, you just can't justify this as "speaking your mind" or "spur of the moment reaction after getting clubbed around". I don't buy this crap and I don't remember Anil Kumble doing this ever in his life. Ditto with Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, Mark Taylor and dozens others.
+1

I would like to add one more point, There is a big difference between pre match and post match talks, In pre match, if we criticize the opponents, it is a type of mid games which can either result in opposition fearing more or taking it to heart and doing much better. We have seen many players in different sports do that and this is mind games. But if criticize the opponents by saying they are an ordinary side not they played ordinary after losing, it is a sign of disrespect. When the players shake hands at the end of the game, everyone say well played, just imagine if someone comes and starts criticizing your team on how bad they are. There is a difference between fans and players taking about their teams. Players just cannot criticize others openly and then expect to be complimented for their honesty. It is like rubbing salt on the wounds.

Guest DeveGowda

Gambir is an Ordinary fileder and also His running between wickte is ordinary...evn his current batting for m i ordinary :hysterical:

+1
:bow: :hatsoff:
He is basically showing :finger: to the fans also who haven't played much cricket, too bad they are the ones paying for his fat IPL salary. Wonder if he will listen to guys like Ian Chappell :hehe:
Gauti is a very shy guy when not batting. I was really surprised with his rather unabashed comment aka lowblow. He should focus on his team and his individual performances, more than anything else.

Guest DeveGowda
:bow: :hatsoff: Gauti is a very shy guy when not batting. I was really surprised with his rather unabashed comment aka lowblow. She should focus on her team and her individual performances, more than anything else.
:hysterical: +1 **edited