70 jawans killed in biggest Maoists/Naxal attack ever in India

ViruRulez

Asking the poorly trained police to handle the CPM Maoists is like asking them to be massacred. I think it is time the Indian govt climb down from its high horse and start using air power in the form of helicopter gunships to target the Maoists. The area where they operate in Chhattisgarh is heavily mined by the Maoists and without air power it is foolish to even try cleansing operations. Its simply a matter of common sense. With every patrol party at least one helicopter gunship should be sent.
I dont know why they cant use the army. Like someone mentioned our poor policemen cant face real attacks with their bandooks from 1930s and very basic to no training.
guys its CRPF, not the chindi local police. They wouldnt go on UN missions if they were so crappy. Look at their official equipment, they have sniper rifles, assault rifles and grenade launchers as regular weapons; do u think our local police can handle these ? I agree on the air power, helis and drones are surely helpful in offensive operations.

guys its CRPF, not the chindi local police. They wouldnt go on UN missions if they were so crappy. Look at their official equipment, they have sniper rifles, assault rifles and grenade launchers as regular weapons; do u think our local police can handle these ? I agree on the air power, helis and drones are surely helpful in offensive operations.
I thought they were policemen :nervous:

The govt should grow some balls and start acting tough, instead of coming out with excuses...Why the feck are they debating the use of air power..Naxals have far surpassed revolutionary intentions..lets face it, these are ruthless terrorists...

We lost around 500 jawans in Kargil in a full fledge war and here are these bastards who killed our 75 jawans in 1 day....Maoists/Naxalities live on public sympathy...they are poor people who are oppressed bycorrupt leaders and administration...but killing our proud Jawans doesnt make any sense... Rather than doing peaceful demonstrations or even damaging public property, they are killing innocent civilians, jawans and cops... Its time our government ask their demands and if they are valid and right, come up with a mutual solution.. otherwise kill those bastards who are killing our Jawans

Leave apart opposition .. any action taken against Maoists seems to irk Mamata Banerjee who is an ally itself .. she seems to be taking every safe step including the Naxals to make sure she topples the WB govt. in 2012 Regarding human right groups, Arundhati Roy will be the first to come forward in case of any attack on Naxals In regards to news channels, they would hardly say much against it as they have been saying about an all out offensive against Maoists/Naxals .. they might add some masala for some TRP but they wont oppose IMO .. at most they will bring the human rights activists in their studios to discuss it
Personally I have always believed one of the biggest problems in India is their Masala news. Just watch Rann and you might understand what I mean. It is all about opportunities, suddenly if we attack them, there will cries from the media that we do not take care of poverty first but rather fighting. And we indians deeply believe what they tell us which is why I believe why there are so many problems. Remember the Mumbai attacks news reporting, bunch of amateurs doing anything for publicity and if they would have got hurt, they would be saying the government has provided poor security to them but no one would ask why did they go there to report live there.

The govt should grow some balls and start acting tough' date=' instead of coming out with excuses...Why the feck are they debating the use of air power..Naxals have far surpassed revolutionary intentions..lets face it, these are ruthless terrorists...[/quote']
Sshh, India will never attack an offense. When they do, there will be suddenly billions of human rights groups, opposition parties and our masala news channels criticizing their actions .
We lost around 500 jawans in Kargil in a full fledge war and here are these bastards who killed our 75 jawans in 1 day....Maoists/Naxalities live on public sympathy...they are poor people who are oppressed bycorrupt leaders and administration...but killing our proud Jawans doesnt make any sense... Rather than doing peaceful demonstrations or even damaging public property' date=' they are killing innocent civilians, jawans and cops... [b']Its time our government ask their demands and if they are valid and right, come up with a mutual solution.. otherwise kill those bastards who are killing our Jawans
Govt. has been telling them to tell their demands for ages and promises to try to fulfill their demands if they are legitimate .. but the only condition the govt. is laying is to leave violence before coming to talks but they are not ready to give up violence .. I dont have any sympathy with those as they are adamant all these years to not give up violence even for talks

Personally I have always believed one of the biggest problems in India is their Masala news. Just watch Rann and you might understand what I mean. It is all about opportunities, suddenly if we attack them, there will cries from the media that we do not take care of poverty first but rather fighting. And we indians deeply believe what they tell us which is why I believe why there are so many problems. Remember the Mumbai attacks news reporting, bunch of amateurs doing anything for publicity and if they would have got hurt, they would be saying the government has provided poor security to them but no one would ask why did they go there to report live there.
I wont disagree on the masala news point .. frankly speaking our news channels will nearly go to any extent for their TRPs .. the problem is that news channels are emerging nearly every few days and so the competition has increased and hence, news channels try their best to create masala news so that they can attract the most TRPs

Q) You know what no one is thinking or even remotely worried about with regards to this Maoist violence ? A) China. Purely because of the geographic s of the violence. A lot of the states that are closest to the borders with China. Bihar and Bengal. Just reminds of the scenario in 1971 viz a viz East Bengal. China can very well take advantage with this rebels who want to separate statehood gang up with them, proxy wage us and then suddenly launch a full on intense attack . It is a very very scary and realistic scenario. China is a ruthless planner, who has been known to take lessons from history in the neighbourhood. We unfortunately, don't even learn from ours. Unfortunately, our leaders baring Indira Gandhi, Sardar Patel, Sarvarkar ...and Modi among others are WIMPS. Manmohan Singh is the biggest wimp of them all. The ruthless and barbaric nature of their attacks means that there is no way we should negotiate with these barbarians. The only way to go about is crush them brutally with full state military machinery. It is the hard way, but the only way left now. RAW has been an utterly utterly incompetent organization for not doing it's part in liaising with the Border Security forces to wipe out the senior Maoist leadership and regional cadre heads , while this cancer was rapidly growing.

I think the govt should carry out the assault at the same time carry out development work and involve social activist /maoist sympathiser(whatever you wanna call them) in the development process .Thats what seem like working atleast in Maharashtra .You have people like Amtes and Bhangs working for the tribals in gadchiroli,at the same time the govt is carrying on the offensive.Despite gadchiroli being naxalite infested it had the highest voter turnoout in maharashtra elections last yr.

I think the govt should carry out the assault at the same time carry out development work and involve social activist /maoist sympathiser(whatever you wanna call them) in the development process .Thats what seem like working atleast in Maharashtra .You have people like Amtes and Bhangs working for the tribals in gadchiroli' date='at the same time the govt is carrying on the offensive.Despite gadchiroli being naxalite infested it had the highest voter turnoout in maharashtra elections last yr.[/quote'] that is a good strategy and I agree that this might be effective

73 out of 81 DIED!!!!!!!!!!...I just read the proper news... Man, it was brutual..It was a trap..They attacked from 3 hills and left one side open..when our Jawans ran towards the 4th open side, they didnt know there were landmines and sharpshooters assigned just for that area.... I am seriously pissed... and sad part is, we indians are so hypocrite... All news channel are flooded with Sania-Shoaib crap..Indians on social network sites are worried about where Sania would live after marriage.. Effing noone cares we lost 73 soldiers today.. Rather than worry about Pakistan, its time we effing kill these effing bastards Naxals who are killing our jawans and policemen from last decade

70! Holy sh!t' date=' thats a lot of soldiers. How the eff did this happen ?[/quote']
73 out of 81 DIED!!!!!!!!!!...I just read the proper news... Man' date=' it was brutual..It was a trap..They attacked from 3 hills and left one side open..when our Jawans ran towards the 4th open side, they didnt know there were landmines and sharpshooters assigned just for that area.... I am seriously pissed... and sad part is, we indians are so hypocrite... All news channel are flooded with Sania-Shoaib crap..Indians on social network sites are worried about where Sania would live after marriage.. Effing noone cares we lost 73 soldiers today.. Rather than worry about Pakistan, its time we effing kill these effing bastards Naxals who are killing our jawans and policemen from last decade[/quote'] 75 to be exact as per govt. figures .. but there might be more casualties as many are critically injured

The hypocrisy surrounding the Indian society - media' date=' politicians, people - in the contrasting reactions to Islamic terrorists and Naxalite militants is amusing. Imagine the reaction if this or a similar attack was carried out by Muslim terrorists, this thread would have been 500 posts long for starters by now.[/quote'] exactly my thought..india taking naxal easy cuz they dont have the tag of muslim terroirst..

exactly my thought..india taking naxal easy cuz they dont have the tag of muslim terroirst..
how on earth do people come up with such ideas .. does everyone realize that this was an ambush laid against the offensive by the CRPF and not a bunch of mofos killing innocents in their cities ? The maoists are an organized force and will inflict many more casualties until they are comprehensively defeated.

The hypocrisy surrounding the Indian society - media' date=' politicians, people - in the contrasting reactions to Islamic terrorists and Naxalite militants is amusing. Imagine the reaction if this or a similar attack was carried out by Muslim terrorists, this thread would have been 500 posts long for starters by now.[/quote'] The Hypocrisy in your post is admirable... Muslim terrorists don't kill people with guns...they cowardly attack innocent kaffir unarmed children and women and men and blow them up in public places in the name of jihad Naxals are fighting the govt and unfortunately soldiers are an extension of the govt and politicians. May be you need to start raising questions and look into what made these poor farmers pick up weapons and become so vicious that they lost humanity...who's responsible for this? the govt? the same corrupt, filthy politicians who are now pointing fingers at each other?

Let me know if and when you can handle some uncomfortable facts without resorting to locking down threads and you will get an explanation.
The Hypocrisy in your post is admirable... Muslim terrorists don't kill people with guns...they cowardly attack innocent kaffir unarmed children and women and men and blow them up in public places in the name of jihad Naxals are fighting the govt and unfortunately soldiers are an extension of the govt and politicians. May be you need to start raising questions and look into what made these poor farmers pick up weapons and become so vicious that they lost humanity...who's responsible for this? the govt? the same corrupt, filthy politicians who are now pointing fingers at each other?
good post Texbhai' date=' corrupt politicians in India are the main reason for all these problems[/quote'] Thank you for proving my point.

1) Even though I personally have never asked for a thread to be banned I would not mind if Shoaib-Sania saga got banned. 75 Security forces killed and people checking if effing nikaahnaama is valid or not????? 2)

The hypocrisy surrounding the Indian society - media, politicians, people - in the contrasting reactions to Islamic terrorists and Naxalite militants is amusing. Imagine the reaction if this or a similar attack was carried out by Muslim terrorists, this thread would have been 500 posts long for starters by now
The hyprocicy is evident not only in India but outside as well. Non-Indian media hardly registered this, atleast not to the same extent as if such an effort was undertaken by a Muslim group. Although to be fair I am not sure if I am happy or sad by the same(lack or coverage by Western media). But yes since this concerns India the hypocricy definitely needs to be highlighted. 3)
guys its CRPF, not the chindi local police. They wouldnt go on UN missions if they were so crappy. Look at their official equipment, they have sniper rifles, assault rifles and grenade launchers as regular weapons; do u think our local police can handle these ?
Yes and No. Yes because this attack was against CRPF which are exteremly well equipped. No because Maosists attack generally happens in village, or lesser urban areas where policemen are generally not well equipped. This attack was the largest undertaken by Maoists, by most account this was an exception and not a norm. 4)
RAW has been an utterly utterly incompetent organization for not doing it's part in liaising with the Border Security forces to wipe out the senior Maoist leadership and regional cadre heads , while this cancer was rapidly growing.
Its not RAW's job but IB and other domestic intelligences. The worrying factor is not only the access of powerful weapons but how are these weapons getting transported to the remotest/interior part of India. It is one thing to use Dawood's network to offload shipment in Mumbai, completely different to send it all the way to interior part of India where even Indian Security forces are unable to reach. 5)
Naxals are fighting the govt and unfortunately soldiers are an extension of the govt and politicians.
No they dont. They will fight anything\anyone that will come against their thoughts of grabbing land. The bulk of people killed over the years has comprised of civilians. In the initial years Naxals mostly fought against the big land owners. With gradual migration of people from farm to cities, and decrease of power of landlords the Naxals have become a potent force now threatening to fight against Government. 6)
May be you need to start raising questions and look into what made these poor farmers pick up weapons and become so vicious that they lost humanity...who's responsible for this
Maybe some Telugu folks can answer this? Considering a large number of Maoist leaders these days hail from AP? As AP has developed at a rocket pace, so has the Maoist development there and everywhere, is there a co-relation??? xxx

^^ Totally agree mate...BTW, Naxalism in AP has taken a severe beating due to the Greyhounds, a special police force that recruits local youth to fight the naxals. Since these are local youth, they have been very successfull in driving out the naxals due to their immense knowledge of the local terrain..Maybe that explains the migration of many top naxal leaders to Chattisgarh..Development in AP is next to nothing in the naxal strongholds of Nalgonda and the surrounding forrest areas which are still backward...