Shilpa subject to 'racism and bullying' in Big Brother...

Sooda

16 January 2007 EXCLUSIVE: DISGRACE CELEB BIG BROTHER: DAY 12 Jade and her pals accused of Shilpa slurs By Nicola Methven, Tv Editor, And Stewart Maclean ANGRY Celebrity Big Brother viewers yesterday accused Jade and friends Danielle and Jo of disgraceful racist bullying over their treatment of Shilpa. More than 200 complaints have flooded into TV watchdog Ofcom - and last night it was announced Jade had been dumped as patron of a horrified anti-bullying charity. Furious Rabyia Patel, 32, one of those who called Ofcom to protest, said. "I can't believe they've been allowed to broadcast some of the stuff that's been happening in the house. "It's racism, plain and simple. Why has Big Brother let it happen?" The complaints accuse the trio of repeatedly insulting Shilpa over her background and ridiculing her Indian accent. The anger was fuelled by internet reports that Jade's boyfriend Jack Tweed called Bollywood star Shilpa "a Paki" during a latenight chat that was bleeped out. Channel 4 chiefs denied it - but admitted Jack had referred to her using a revolting four-letter swear word. But protesters say his outburst was merely one in a series of racist slurs. In one incident, the three girls mocked Shilpa as she applied facial hair bleach. Danielle asked: "Do you get stubble?" Jo laughed and said: "Like a man!" Danielle then told Jade: "She wants to be white." The three have also grumbled about Shilpa's "too spicy" cooking. And Jade said of Shilpa: "She makes me feel sick. She makes my skin crawl." Danielle added: "She's a dog." Before she was evicted, Jade's mum Jackiey refused to call Shilpa by her name - referring to her instead as "Princess" or "The Indian". At one point, she asked: "Do you live in a house or a shack?" Ofcom yesterday said they had asked for unedited tapes of the show to decide whether the complaints had any foundation. Channel 4 said: "We can confirm that in Thursday night's broadcast, in a conversation between Jack and Jade, Jack used the word "c***" which was bleeped out." The spokesman insisted the racism complaints were taken seriously, adding: "BB does not tolerate bullying or racist abuse. We are closely monitoring housemates." Viewers last night saw Shilpa burst into tears after she was again targeted by the girls. A clearly-distressed Shilpa later asked ex-Steps singer Ian Watkins: "Why do they hate me? Why am I detested?" The charity Act Against Bullying yesterday took pictures of patron Jade off their website and vowed not to work with her again after receiving scores of complaints. Founder Louise Burfitt-Dons said: "We have been inundated with angry emails." nicola.methven@mirror.co.uk http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6265127.stm - different link

Re: Shilpa subject to 'racism and bullying' in Big Brother... damn must be so horrible :eew: goro ki aukaat dikh hi jati hai :mad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri7a6YSm9Ow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkSzLhFJGWM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k9q9u4D6JQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Ri_cWMsvo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czLkinTMSVw some ladies are real trash there.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Shilpa subject to 'racism and bullying' in Big Brother...

The anger was fuelled by internet reports that Jade's boyfriend Jack Tweed called Bollywood star Shilpa "a pakistani" during a latenight chat that was bleeped out.
I thought Paki was slur not pakistani in britain.. Well if Pakistani also is slur doesn't it say something about pakistan :lmao:
In one incident, the three girls mocked Shilpa as she applied facial hair bleach. Danielle asked: "Do you get stubble?" Jo laughed and said: "Like a man!" Danielle then told Jade: "She wants to be white."
Apropos Indians wanting to be white in color the remark is not off-target just one look at matrimonial section in any paper will give u some rough idea. But the remark is still racist our safedi ki chamkaar induced low self-esteem notwithstanding.
Before she was evicted, Jade's mum Jackiey refused to call Shilpa by her name - referring to her instead as "Princess" or "The Indian". At one point, she asked: "Do you live in a house or a shack?"
Well Shilpa does flaunt her regalian living style in India so I can see guys are bitter and hence express these words. When asked where do u live, she goes I have full seventh floor ( It may be just two apartments on one floorbtu sounds arrogant) now this pinches British guys who live in kholi type apartments. she goes on and on how I have these many servants (This word is not acceptable anymore, you just not use servant word in western society , Shilpa may be uninformed here) and have a man friday. But the way she goes on how she is pampered like princess the remakr is again not off the mark. if you don't know how to be humble about your good fortune to be born in India and be rich then well face the music. I don't like ostentatious showing of wealth on part of indians when 30% population is in near penurious state. You got to be little forthright. Last but not the least Shilpa's English language skills are betetr than each and everyone of the guys there, sometime you get the feeling these folks there are totally uneducated. So the only thing they could have made fun of is accent well as far as clarity-quitient is concerned she scores better than others even on that front. :wtg: Talking of accent everyone in this world has got one as long as pronunciation is fine it should not be a concern.

Re: Shilpa subject to 'racism and bullying' in Big Brother... In a strange way series like Big Brother are an eye-opener. For years we have read about how Americans(or Yanks as they call in Europe) are uneducated, uncultured, living in cocoons, flaunting their wealth kind. Somehow Brits always portray themselves as classy and above all. Well guess what. One look at Big Brother and one sees that the Brits participants are the worse of them all. Every non-British person on Big Brother comes across as far more decent/cultured than their British counterpart. So much so for English class. Coming to Shilpa well she should have known what she was in for. Got paid 3 crores on a show that has a bunch of has-beens. If she had done her research she would BB is a trashy series. Of course it does not mean she should be racially slurred or anything. Now that she is there she should give it her best shot. She does look the best of them all..by miles. xxx

Re: Shilpa subject to 'racism and bullying' in Big Brother... Almost everybody likes her..She is getting greater support from all quarters... Now that the Gordon Brown (future Prime Minister of UK , a Political certainity ) is in India and receiving a red carpet treatment ...and the Leicester MP raising the issue in parliament ..channel 4 is getting lot of flak... Of Course Shilpa is coming out on high and she is behaving very gracefully

Rakhee Sawant on that show instead' date=' I tell ya..she would have given them the proper Indian Treatment[/quote'] Nah. I would much rather prefer Shilpa. Actually I must say I have been pleasantly surprised by her demeanour. When she speaks she knows what she is talking about. At this stage the way things are, Shilpa has her country rallying behind her(though Indians are going a little over the top in this regard) while her critics(those girls Danielle, Jade etc) own countrymen are embarassed at her. Surely thats a much better position to be in than land in a slangfest? xxx

Re: Shilpa subject to 'racism and bullying' in Big Brother... Shilpa Shetty is an Indian national heroine. Hell, she's even a British national legend... I had a conception of her as a typical Bollywood actress, and I groaned/cringed with disgust when I heard she was going in the Big Brother house... I take it all back, this lady is a diamond. The amount of abuse/filth she has had to endure is beyond belief, so disgusting that even white viewers are shocked. If that wasn't enough, she has not stooped to the level of her antagonisers, and has remained dignified through out... Shilpa, you are great, and I'll be voting for you, you have represented our country remarkably well... I'd avoid going around asian areas for a while if I were a member of the Goody family, that former Miss GB tart, or that S-Club beeeeatch...

with all the attention she is getting internationally' date=' one thing is for sure that Shilpa is going to make plenty of $$$ in the near future :wtg:[/quote'] True. One good thing has been that this has effectively relegated Abhishek-Aish news to the background and thank God for that! :lol: