( DLF )Modi -- Tharoor Showdown!!

Mamu

( DLF )Modi -- Tharoor Showdown!!  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

IPL governing council to meet 'informally' With the furore over Kochi franchise's ownership showing no signs of settling down, the IPL's Governing Council members meet here "informally" for the first time after the event's Commissioner Lalit Modi sparked the row on Twitter. More...

Their is an IPL governing body meeting happening today in Dharamsala today before the game. The buzz is that Manohar might be named as the co-chairman of the IPL. though it has been denied by Rajeev Shukla who said that Manohar is the President of BCCI under which comes the IPL so he wont be the co-chairman.

Their is an IPL governing body meeting happening today in Dharamsala today before the game. The buzz is that Manohar might be named as the co-chairman of the IPL. though it has been denied by Rajeev Shukla who said that Manohar is the President of BCCI under which comes the IPL so he wont be the co-chairman.
I also heard that .. and as per reports, Rajeev Shukla of the Congress and Arun Jaitley of the BJP will also be there perhaps as they will go for the Dharamsala stadium inauguration .. I am not sure if everything will be discussed properly because although all are BCCI senior officials but the three main groups in this controversy is L Modi (BCCI), Tharoor (Congress) and N Modi (BJP) .. so representatives of all three of hem would indirectly be present and so I dont think everything will be discussed properly in the open :giggle: .. though all of them are part of the BCCI but there is also a tussle going on and I dont think they would say openly about the whole issue in the meeting

The bottom line is that as per the IPL constitution Modi can not be removed from his post till 2012 and two years is a fairly long time in Indian cricket for the loyalties to change and for new equations to be formed. However, one thing is certain, the Kochi franchise cant function properly for the next 2 years if Modi remains at the helm.

Mr.MP thinks we are idiots and can't see his obvious links to the Kochi team. Also-

Sure. Put a man, who India was sucking upto until Wednesday for creating the greatest cricket league in the History of Mankind, behind bars for having the audacity to ask a Congress MP to come clean. :cheer: And then also get ready to see the IPL dead, BCCI sold off to another board like SL is sold off to us and we'd have endless discussions by the same bashers about - "What went wrong?" :hmmm: We should try not be thankless fecks. We are where we are today financially thanks to this shrewd businessman. Modi-bashing is pretty much a daily thing in the world. Its almost as regular as taking a piss after wakig up. So I'm not surprised. I might not be as big a fan of Lalit Modi as Il Principico or whatever his name is. But I can call a spade a spade.

I dont like Modi either' date=' who does, but Tharoor's girlfriend got 18 million $ in shares for free and he wants everyone to believe that he has no financial gain in it? I'll take Modi anytime over corrupt politicians.[/quote'] We don't even know how much of all this money is going into Modi's pockets. Also, he tried to bribe them with $50m to leave the Kochi deal and let someone else get the team into Ahmedabad. If that is to be believed, then Modi is no better.

^ Atleast he doesn't mask his intentions under the garb of "benefit of my constituency". And if he actually didn't want them in, he wouldn't have approved the signing or ownership thingy of their franchise, which was also made public by him on twitter last Sunday. Also, I see nothing wrong in him asking who the owners of the Kochi team are. I fail to understand the histronics being indulged in, to a simple question asked. Which proves Modi right! Instead of telling that blah blah hold the stakes, these guys daily take a leak in the media at the cost of people like us believing some bloody accountability to come through from their end.

we dont..both sides are corrupt.It is just a matter of going with the lesser evil.Ofcourse the other point being that Tharoor is an elected govt official who is supposed to serve the country.
Precisely. Lalit Modi doesn't work for the Government of India. This point ends here. So Captain Obvious states Shashi Tharoor is more accountable than Lalit Modi is.