let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks
http://www.outlookindia.com/full.asp?fodname=20070122&fname=Col+Taslima+(F)&sid=1 A couple of months ago, at the height of the purdah controversy, Shabana Azmi asserted that the Quran doesn't say anything about wearing the burqa. She's mistaken. This is what the Quran says: "Tell the faithful women that they must keep their gaze focused below/on the ground and cover their sexual organs. They must not put their beauty and their jewellery on display. They must hide their breasts behind a purdah. They must not exhibit their beauty to anybody except their husbands, brothers, nephews, womenfolk, servants, eunuch employees and children. They must not move their legs briskly while walking because then much of their bodies can get exposed." (Sura Al Noor 24:31) "Oh nabi, please tell your wives and daughters and faithful women to wear a covering dress on their bodies. That would be good. Then nobody can recognise them and harrass them. Allah is merciful and kind." (Sura Al Hijaab 33: 59) Even the Hadis --a collection of the words of Prophet Mohammed, his opinion on various subjects and also about his work, written by those close to him-- talks extensively of the purdah for women. Women must cover their whole body before going out, they should not go before unknown men, they should not go to the mosque to read the namaaz, they should not go for any funeral. There are many views on why and how the Islamic purdah started. One view has it that Prophet Mohammed became very poor after spending all the wealth of his first wife. At that time, in Arabia, the poor had to go to the open desert and plains for relieving themselves and even their sexual needs. The Prophet's wives too had to do the same. He had told his wives that "I give you permission to go out and carry out your natural work". (Bukhari Hadis first volume book 4 No. 149). And this is what his wives started doing accordingly. One day, Prophet Mohammed's disciple Uman complained to him that these women were very uncomfortable because they were instantly recognisable while relieving themselves.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen

the icf jumanji has opened again!!! :wishes: :shotgun: :club: :music1: :lala:
never mind girl

Guest dada_rocks

it is better to cover up than walk half naked.
and who said there are only two options walking naked or walking as a tent

well said, yoda... the current fashion though, is to where skin coloured skin fit clothes... seems like they are not wearing anything you now something? when ladies actually keep their gaze down, it is considered sexy (im talking from a man's POV) cos it looks like as if they got something interesting hidden, etc, etc...

"Oh nabi, please tell your wives and daughters and faithful women to wear a covering dress on their bodies. That would be good. Then nobody can recognise them and harrass them. Allah is merciful and kind."
it only says to wear clothes that cover the bodies, not burqa nobody can recognise their sexual beauty... whats wrong with keeping that aside for the husband? Unless you want ppl like rohan to imagine being in bed with you... :eew:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen I thought recognition came from face if someone expects u dress so that u can't be recognised while walking on the street I guess only options is walking tent .....Stop justifying the unjustifiable by nit-picking Body word doesn't mean excluding face it could be all encompassing and the next sentence where your recogintion has to be avoided gives it away what the great man :lmao: meant

so, i take it you are equally concerned about panties and cleavages being exposed in the public places in the malls and streets of america?

Guest dada_rocks

so, i take it you are equally concerned about panties and cleavages being exposed in the public places in the malls and streets of america?
Not on the same scale reason the other end u mentioned doesn't pose a security problem unlike walking tents.. bloody in those burquas anyone could pass by.. Israelis have learnt in the hard way and more recently jewellers association of Poona has lernt the lesson.. Besides where do u live man am yet to see a girl roaming around just in panty in any mall.. or is it that to put your point acorss you will spew any kind of drivel.... To summarize no I am not concerned about panty line being shown and reason I have already given.. And again i could care less even about these burqua clads as long as they don't insist on hiding their face. I would not care about even that head covering if they allow themselves to be identified in some way by eye-ball scanning and yes they must bear the cost for this I (meaning non-muslim tax payers) am not paying for this......

Re: let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen So, you are concerned about the security of which country? the US? I am sure all western countries have enough in their rule books to ask a face covered burqa woman to remove the burqa before passing any security checkpoint. Donno what is the deal with India. And you could care less about the Muslim countries. Wonder what a muslim woman peeing or having sex in her Burqa have anything to do with security. :chin: Why not just say that you want to post anything that can be derogatory of Islam instead of this security bakwaas?

Yoda , security threat or otherwise you must be utterly naive to think that this stonage system is just and fair .... can you state the reasons why you think so.
Who is to decide what is stone age? The west thinks everything they do is the most "advanced" and "modern". Does that make our culture stone aged? Is wearing a saree stone aged? Is wearing a mini-skirt with bra straps showing very "modern" and "advanced"? To each their own. Let the muslim women who want to wear a burqa (like aqua) wear it in peace without ridicule from others. Let those who don't want to wear it protest against it. Let others stay the fack out of it cause it doesn't concern them one bit.

Yoda , security threat or otherwise you must be utterly naive to think that this stonage system is just and fair .... can you state the reasons why you think so.
Who is to decide what is stone age? The west thinks everything they do is the most "advanced" and "modern". Does that make our culture stone aged? Is wearing a saree stone aged? Is wearing a mini-skirt with bra straps showing very "modern" and "advanced"? [To each their own. Let the muslim women who want to wear a burqa (like aqua) wear it in peace without ridicule from others. Let those who don't want to wear it protest against it. Let others stay the fack out of it cause it doesn't concern them one bit.
Therein lies the problem, you just can't choose not to wear it under some laws, and they can't do lot of stuff under similar laws (eg. can't go outside without male companion but not a boyfriend, just one of them), and the others might get concerned about the lack of freedom or choice. Who don't see that as a problem might stay the fack out of too because it doesn't concern them either :lol:

Re: let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen Something or the other will be wrong about every religion. Let them decide what is best for them. Let outsiders and especially hate mongers stay out of a religion. I wouldn't want a Pat Robertson commenting on ANY aspects of Hinduism as he is a known Hindu hater. Get the drift?

Something or the other will be wrong about every religion. Let them decide what is best for them.
You mean Men decide what is best for women.FYI , I don't mind if Pat Robertson or other non believers tell me Sati or Caste System sucks.
BTW the Bible says anyone who doesn't follow Christ is under the influence of the Satan. And Pat Robertson believes that totally. So, are you going to abandon your religion cause he thinks it is satanic? And I am sure he truly believes that non-christians are under the influence of the Satan much like you believe the Burqa is bad for the Muslim women. That's why people of one religion should stay away from other religions other than to learn and possibly debate in a civilized manner as opposed to ridiculing one just to show that your own is superior or more "modern". Like I said, let Muslim women decide what they want. In those countries where Muslim women have no voice, let them get a voice. They will when they are ready for it. Like Gandhi told the British when they raised the problems India will face with Hindu-Muslim issues: "They will be OUR problems and not YOURS".

Re: let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen Yoda Quote - That's why people of one religion should stay away from other religions other than to learn and possibly debate in a civilized manner as opposed to ridiculing one just to show that your own is superior or more "modern". End Quote Pray , Tell me who abolished Sati ? Also, I am not against burqa necessarily. I am against clean shaven husbands wearing pant and half shirt forcing their significant others to wear head to toe burqa in hot hyderabad summer.

Guest dada_rocks

So, you are concerned about the security of which country? the US? I am sure all western countries have enough in their rule books to ask a face covered burqa woman to remove the burqa before passing any security checkpoint. Donno what is the deal with India. And you could care less about the Muslim countries. Wonder what a muslim woman peeing or having sex in her Burqa have anything to do with security. :chin: Why not just say that you want to post anything that can be derogatory of Islam instead of this security bakwaas?
I have even given you two specific example this selective myopia of yours ingonred that.. Every freaking place's security is at stake with these clowns insistance on hiding their faces and brave extremists' unabashedness in using Burqua as cover.. In India jewellers association are already under fire for stating the obvious.. Most of all I missed one point in last post: No panty clad has ever been forced to wear panty but there are hardly any who walk around like tent on their own volition .. Heck every damn girl I know has this story of her muslim friend coming from home in burqua and changing into mini in school. The u have clowns like mukhataran-millat throwing acid on women;s face who refuse to wear burqua.. Heck even nuns wear more or less burqua except face covering noone complains do u know why . Again same reason nobody has been forced on gun point to become a nun. This is sialmist only trait forcing people to fall in line with their edict. As long as this religiousity crap remains attached with burqua wielding some mukhtaran-emillat some taliban will kieep propping up and forcing their way on the rest..... PS: I have no problme with those who wear burqua on their own volition and do not insist on hiding their face no matter what. When asked by secuirty personnel offcial or unofficial they must show it before entering into any premises. They must not insists on I will teach a course dressed like tent the way some moroness did in britain. Talking of saree wearing the day any clown starts throwing acid on women's face just because someone is not clad in saree rest assured they will get mouthful from me. And yes Saree is not security threat unlike tent.