let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen

Guest dada_rocks

Re: let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen

@Yoda' date=' I don't intend to change Islam, mainly because most muslims are brainwashed beyond any hope, but I am concerned about it and everyone who follows world news should be. And I do support people like Tasleema Nasreen. On the other hand don't like the "higher ground" of thinking let them take care of it, when you know fully well that the few muslim free thinkers have no voice and will be executed if it's possible any way, and being satisfied that I'm "secular".[/quote'] Yes, we should be concerned about Jehadism and extremism which affects all of us. No we should not be concerned about their dress code or how many times they have to pray or whether they have an idol or not or .....

I'm sure all these dress codes for women were put in by men :lol:
That's the point I have been trying to drive. It's funny how people clinging to tradition , religion etc don't realize that these rules are laid down by "Men Only " Club . If tomorrow, women decide that men should wear black shirt and black trousers all the time , would men comply ?? I doubt it. Also, if you notice , Indian women wear colorful sarees and they love wearing it. Can the same be said about these nuns or burqa clad women ? Also, I would think , it is difficult to breathe through that cloth barrier. BTW , women become nuns by choice and hence the dress code is not necessarily forced upon them . Also, how many hindu women in the city wear sarees in the traditional way . Hardly any , I would think !
Yup agree with that, there's a mile's difference between suggesting and imposing.

Guest dada_rocks

Well said Avi ... and just to add to it .... history is replete with mind numbing instances of how Ummah eventually takes the next natural step once they gain foothold .... force their culture down others throat ... Pseudosecs are more than welcome to get your head stuck in the sand to ignore all that history and ridicule me but what have you learnt from history ?
In fact there is not a single exception

Guest dada_rocks

Yup agree with that, there's a mile's difference between suggesting and imposing.
I have asked Sir Yoda show me anywhere any woman's face charred by concentrated acid or any woman even slightly berated or given some negative treatment in some way just because they were not wearing Saree.. BTW my wife studied with so many muslim girls of pakistani orgin here in states. She has myriad stories of how her friends used to come in burqua from home and change in mini-skirt in college..... :lmao: .. Mind this is not one off same story line got to hear from a girl from Missisaga..... this is bloody imposition and we must ridiculae this as much as we can.. religious bigotry doesn't understand soft politically correct language...

Guest dada_rocks

All religions suck in my opinion. There are good and bad in all religions. Some religions have more bad than good unfortunately. I'm not a fan of any religion and detest those religions that say how to eat, sleep, dress, walk et al. What's the point in being a human being and not able to figure out what's the best for you??? The religious leaders from all religions take undue advantage of susceptible humans. As I said all religions have holes and quicker the people realize that better off they are. I'm sure the peaceful are the ones that aren't fanatic about their religion. In short "All religions suck, there is no second thought about it". Stupidity and religion are great contributors of malice around the world today. The ones that justify it in the name of religion (religious leaders) are the biggest contributors to this malice.
:wtg: In fact only tenable stand in matters of religion is of informed confusion....

Yes' date=' we should be concerned about Jehadism and extremism which affects all of us. No we should not be concerned about their dress code or how many times they have to pray or whether they have an idol or not or .....[/quote']Well those are the signatures of jehadis and extremists, when women MUST cover up every inch, can NOT go outside without male company, people MUST pray 5 times or get beaten by religious police (also responsible for enforcing the other two), etc. How many taliban regimes will have to come and go before you realize that?

Re: let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen All rhetoric aside, I am glad we all have established that a Muslim woman wearing a Burqa is none of our business, unless of course you are a Burqa clad Muslim woman who is being oppressed wearing it, or are a "reformed" or "modern" Muslim woman trying to help liberate fellow Mulsim women understanding their concern. :wtg:

All rhetoric aside' date=' I am glad we all have established that a Muslim woman wearing a Burqa is none of our business, unless of course you are a Burqa clad Muslim woman who is being oppressed wearing it, or are a "reformed" or "modern" Muslim woman trying to help liberate fellow Mulsim women understanding their concern. :wtg:[/quote']Add to that the comparison of burqa and sari is stupid to be polite, when one has been commanded down directly from allah and one is traditional dress. And psec brain doesn't care about women's rights all in the name of secularity.

Guest dada_rocks

KR, you know it's not just the muslims that practice that kind of dress code right? Look at the following images : The following are the Christian nuns : Nuns.jpg The following are the jains : jain.jpg The following are the hindus : Hindu_Women.jpg Sikh women : slide02.jpg
First and foremost none of those dresses hide their faces be it chrstian nun or saree with shawl ( yes great secualrists here wants these women to die in cold but not use shawl:-) ) And yes not to mention neither chrstian nun or nor those saree-clad womn worry if tomorrow they choose to throw of that dress in favoour of something more revealing.. No christina or hindu group willcleanse their faces with aqua-regia it's islamist only trait.. :wtg:

Re: let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen So you think women in Hinduism or Women in the west enjoyed unparalled equal rights forever? Many Hindu women had to shave their heads soon after their husbands died just 100 years ago. Yes, we have "evolved" to some extent (and we are as old as a religion as it gets) and so will Islam, hopefully. And it doesn't matter whether it is written in the "holy text" or not. Hinduism especially is defined by how it is practiced rather than how or where it is written. BTW, black man got voting rights before a white woman in the US. And anyways pretty much all these women are giving birth to jehadis and terrorists according to some of you guys. So, why bother about what they wear anyways?

Re: let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen Customs were not forced in Hinduism. Yea right. We are the mother of forced customs. I guess a girl who was married off at age 8 and remained a widow for the rest of her life (till she died at age 80) cause her husband died of a snake bite before even the marriage was consummated did it out of her own free will. (true story, btw) Why did I bring Hinduism here amidst an Islam bashfest you ask. To show that poor treatment of women is not a specialty of just Islam.

Re: let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen Which silly custom are you referring to? Giving up your life type silliness? BTW, I am not trying to support the customs of Muslims. I am just stating that every religion has/had it's own quirks and let them resolve it as they seem fit instead of us poking our nose into their affairs, unless of course it affects us or is illegal in the place we live.

Re: let's burn the burqa : tasleema nasreen Didn't Vidhyasagar fight for reform in treatment of widows. I don't know exactly what the religion says about it, but the point is it can be changed, unlike you know which ones. You can dig out lots of unfortunate incidents like that mainly due to the ignorance of people, rather than pandits forcing it on them. Compare that to mullahs forcing medieval rules on whole nations, not just on few individuals. Gotta go to bed, good night

Guest dada_rocks

Dude you're far too intelligent not to understand difference between silly customs and commands in the book that most followers truly believe are the words of Allah coming from angels.
U never know he may not be that intelligent.. :wall: .. time to move on hammering same point to say guy again and again doesn't make sense

Guest dada_rocks

Why did I bring Hinduism here amidst an Islam bashfest you ask. To show that poor treatment of women is not a specialty of just Islam
Can you point out some customs that are endorsed by the Hindu mullahs (for a lack of better term) let alone forced down on the population? BTW what I meant in my previous post was how Ummah forces its religion on non-ummah (and obviously its practices) ... remind me again when that has happened ?
expect another round of drivelous meandering word play