Look at me I got spiritual horns on my head

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks
http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1075624 This is the message one gets from tantrums like following. LONDON: Close on the heels of the veil row, a Muslim woman police officer has sparked off a new debate by refusing to shake hands with Britain's most senior police chief for religious reasons. The incident happened at a passing-out parade where Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair was inspecting a line-up of 200 recruits. How will she nab some crminal if he hapens to be male, idiocy knows no bounds.

Re: Look at me I got spiritual horns on my head Next What ???. Muslim cab drivers refusing to pick up blind passengers simply because they have dog or carry sealed alcohol bottle. check this link - http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20070117/cm_usatoday/haveboozewonttravel There's a big difference between being free to practice your religion and trying to impose its strictures on others. ADVERTISEMENT In most places in America, that's understood and accepted. The cab line at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport isn't one of them. In the past five years at the airport, Muslim taxi drivers of Somali descent have refused to transport about 5,400 passengers carrying alcohol, usually purchased at duty-free shops or wineries. The Muslim American Society of Minnesota says carrying alcohol violates Islamic law. Calling for "tolerance," it wants the airport to establish a color-coding system to channel passengers with alcohol to cabs willing to carry them. That's a problem. About 75% of the airport's 900 drivers are Somalis and many, though not all, have refused such fares. On Tuesday, the airport commission voted to hold public hearings on a strict policy to suspend drivers who refuse passengers for reasons other than a threat to drivers' safety. This is the only logical response at a public facility where workers can't be permitted to turn away some customers based on individual beliefs. Accommodating such preferences leads down a dangerous road. Should drivers, based on religious strictures, be able to refuse to take passengers to bars? Or be allowed to cite religious beliefs for refusing to pick up blacks, or Jews, or homosexuals? New York and other cities have struggled for years to stop the pernicious practice of taxi drivers zipping past minorities and refusing fares to certain neighborhoods. In a few cases, the Islamic drivers in Minneapolis have even refused to transport disabled people with guide dogs because of other religious strictures about unclean animals. The Minnesota Muslim society condemned such refusals. But airport authorities can't be in the business of parsing religious beliefs as they strive to serve all members of the public equally. In some ways the Minneapolis dispute is an aberration: Muslim cabbies haven't made similar demands elsewhere. But it is emblematic of what can happen when people - and not just Muslims - carry religious beliefs to work and expect systems to turn on their needs. In recent years, a small number of pharmacists who consider contraception akin to abortion have refused to dispense birth control or "morning after" pills. Pharmacists are entitled to hold that view. But stores aren't obligated to employ people who won't follow their policies, who won't dispense legal products or who chase customers away. That reality applies to taxi drivers, too. At the Somali Justice Advocacy Center in Minneapolis, executive director Omar Jamal says the alcohol dispute is creating a backlash even against Muslim drivers willing to carry all passengers. No doubt. Carrying all passengers to their destinations without discrimination is central requirement of a taxi driver's job. Drivers who can't accept that should find another line of work.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Look at me I got spiritual horns on my head most of the book has nothing to d with spirituality........ i asked one guy so farting breaks th wazoo then how come washing hands restores it.. i mean fault is somewhere else and corrective measures for some place else.......... nothing makes sense..

Re: Look at me I got spiritual horns on my head Shake hands, i agree. I don't either, unless its another female. Muslim cab drivers refusing alcohol in their cab, hello, we use alcohol too. But not for intake, i mean, we have no choice. They use alcohol wipes in the hospitals, rite? And dogs, sorry, even i understand the cab drivers.

Remember Amla refusing to wear SAF team sponsor Castle Lagers logo on his shirt .... pathetic really.
does he wear it now? and farting does break the wudhu. But we not only wash our hands to restore it. If, any 'mess' was made, then we would have to clean that, and ensure that we really are clean and then we perform the ablution.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Look at me I got spiritual horns on my head

and farting does break the wudhu. But we not only wash our hands to restore it. If, any 'mess' was made, then we would have to clean that, and ensure that we really are clean and then we perform the ablution.
If some mess is made then that area gets cleaned but would u try to explain how on earth in cases where mess is not made wuzuu got broken and gets restored by washing hands. I don;t see involvement of hand in farting please enlighten us if u are privy to some top secret. U come of as logical individual otherwise but I can see that ends in matters of faith

Re: Look at me I got spiritual horns on my head i suppose its equivalent to the hindus belief of going and soaking in the poluted river ganges to 'purify' them self. But i say it agn. Its not just hand that we wash. Hands face, etc, etc, etc, etc.... but the first step is to wash the hands. We have to also have to make a niat that we are purifying our self. Like a silent intention. Too bad if you think me as an illogical person when it comes to religion cos thts exactly what i think when it comes to christianity and hinduism... I mean, in the bible there are contradicting sentences. :eek: Thankfully, in the quran that doesnt occur

I mean, in the bible there are contradicting sentences. :eek: Thankfully, in the quran that doesnt occur
How do you know . Did you study the bible. Christanity is one of the more balanced Abrahamic religions in my opinion although Islam and Judaism do have their good points.

Re: Look at me I got spiritual horns on my head course i will... why else do yuo think im reading it? the next in line is the bible and then anything else tht i come across related to hinduism... thts what i plan to do. Humans can plan all they want but it is all god will if it shd occur or not...

Guest dada_rocks

i suppose its equivalent to the hindus belief of going and soaking in the poluted river ganges to 'purify' them self. But i say it agn. Its not just hand that we wash. Hands face, etc, etc, etc, etc.... but the first step is to wash the hands. We have to also have to make a niat that we are purifying our self. Like a silent intention. Too bad if you think me as an illogical person when it comes to religion cos thts exactly what i think when it comes to christianity and hinduism... I mean, in the bible there are contradicting sentences. :eek: Thankfully, in the quran that doesnt occur
Again comparing apple and oranges . Right comparison would be water of zamzama and water of ganges as far as polluted water is concerned. YEs I never said there are no illogical customs in hinduism but rest assured you won't find hindus thumping their chest the way you have done by using words like there are no contradicting sentences and it's the ultimate truth you won't find errors you won't scintific glitches. Yes you guys wash everything except from where fart comes, what's the point tell me. Talking of no contradicting sentences in Quran. I got a nice chuckle :lmao: :lmao: That book is nothing btu contradiction. You will have to bear with me and promise you won't disappear I promise you to overwhelm with contradictions. First of let me have the clarity on what do u mean by contradictions. Do you mean verses which are not in line with the existing verifiable knowledge in public domain or you mean one verse of the book contradicting another verse. You can choose whichever defintion you want I promise you I will paint this place red with the examples of that particular genre of contradiction.

Guest dada_rocks

nope' date=' but my dad did. I plan to too, but not right now.[/quote'] Bible dad read quran some mullah read and they fed you and you flash those words as ultimate truth .. There is something called transmission line loss in communication :wtg: