Fergie to retire at the end of 2011 says the red rag

Gunner_Mania

MANCHESTER UNITED have begun the search for their next manager after Alex Ferguson told the board: "One more season and I'm out." Fergie will go in the summer of 2011, six months before his 70th birthday. But Old Trafford sources insist his replacement has yet to be decided. United are canvassing opinion among leading football figures about who would be the best man for the job and Fergie will also have an input. Jose Mourinho, currently in charge of Inter Milan, is the favourite.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2939150/Who-wants-Fergies-job.html

Sir Alex Ferguson has dismissed rumours he will retire as Manchester United boss at the end of next season. The 68-year-old has been United manager for over 23 years but last year said he would step down if his health or hunger for the job ever deteriorated. Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho and Everton manager David Moyes have been touted as potential successors. But Ferguson said ahead of United's crucial game against Tottenham: "It is rubbish, there is no truth in it." Since joining United from Aberdeen in November 1986, Ferguson has become the most decorated coach in British football. He has won the Premier League title 11 times; the FA Cup on five occasions, four League Cup finals, two Champions League triumphs as well as the now defunct European Cup Winners' Cup. Although Ferguson said last year he was in the "penalty shoot-out" of his career, he has no desire to step down in the immediate future. "I have no intention of retiring and if I did the people I would tell are (chief executive) David Gill and the Glazer family," said Ferguson, who almost retired in 2002 but subsequently changed his mind. "As I have said time and time again, the only that determines my staying here is my health and unfortunately for you lot (the media), I'm in rude health! "So you'll be left to suffer me for many more years. You'll be gone before I'm gone, don't you worry!" Ferguson's priority remains the Premier League, where United trail leaders Chelsea by a point. His team face an all-important encounter against Champions League hopefuls Tottenham on Saturday at Old Trafford, where a victory would temporarily propel United above Carlo Ancelotti's side, who face Stoke on Sunday. Ferguson's potential successor has been a source of constant speculation, with ex-United assistant coach Carlos Queiroz also linked with the job alongside Mourinho and Moyes. More