India, Pakistan and water war

theguyinallblue

Pakistan talks about its strategic location on the world map... but fortunately for india and unfortunately for pakistan..the life line..the life support of pakistan originates from india. the three rivers which goes in pakistan..and for which pakistan has exclusive rights for its uses...originates in india...in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. and sometimes i feel...its the water of J&K..which is keeping the pakistani government interested in kashmir. by the grace of god....we have something in our hand and in our land..by which we can make pakistan dance to our tunes..if we make right moves... we all know..world salutes the money...the economy...look at china... it more or less does every thing at will...and even US can't do much... in next 30-50 years..when we will have developed economy..we can step our foot the the jugular vein of pakistan...and deprive them of their life...the water. or we can mix some bacterias or viruses..which will kill the crops..and make the fertile land ..useless.... we can only imagine what we have in store technologically and biologically... wars will be fought at microbiological levels.... India had initiated the first step with Baghlihar Dams... and final report is about to come on 12th.... and report seems to be heavily loaded in india's favour if not completely in india's favour. the time is not far..when we can say..to our paroses... Karta bhi mai...Dharta bhi mai.. Deta bhi mai.,.Leta bhi mai.. ishwar bhi mai..allah bhi mai.. daata bhi mai..vidhata bhi mai... the time has come for ISI to see the reality.,.who once planned to give thousand wounds on india's heart... india's one swift hand iron is enough to vanish the entire race of terrorists. PS: are my views too harsh on pakistani government? :hic:

Re: India, Pakistan and water war Interesting, GIB. Let's hope there is no war. Neither of us two nations can afford it. But if the unthinkable happens, how many of you guys would give up your cushy life in the West and defend the country, say if the armed forces required your services... as doctors, engineers, IT professionals? How much are you willing to lay down... say, one month of free service, losing a month of your princely salary in the west...bear the inconvenience of being away from your home and your family for months... risk your limb...even your life? Do you think it is worth it? To risk everything you have ever worked for, ever dreamt of, on a war, that may be completely unavoidable? Can you imagine losing your livelihood, your body parts, even risk never seeing your family again? Because that's what war means. That's what a soldier goes through every day of his life. If the answer is no, aren't we just wannabe patriots who talk about playing silly war games, while somebody else's life stands to be ruined?

Guest dada_rocks

Re: India, Pakistan and water war my mind says in next decade or so gap between ind/pak will be so huge that this issue will die on its own.....everything will be hunky dorey

Guest dada_rocks

Re: India, Pakistan and water war

Interesting, GIB. Let's hope there is no war. Neither of us two nations can afford it. But if the unthinkable happens, how many of you guys would give up your cushy life in the West and defend the country, say if the armed forces required your services... as doctors, engineers, IT professionals? How much are you willing to lay down... say, one month of free service, losing a month of your princely salary in the west...bear the inconvenience of being away from your home and your family for months... risk your limb...even your life? Do you think it is worth it? To risk everything you have ever worked for, ever dreamt of, on a war, that may be completely unavoidable? Can you imagine losing your livelihood, your body parts, even risk never seeing your family again? Because that's what war means. That's what a soldier goes through every day of his life. If the answer is no, aren't we just wannabe patriots who talk about playing silly war games, while somebody else's life stands to be ruined?
rest assured there won't be man power crisis. :wtg:

Re: India, Pakistan and water war Dhondy Bhai.. For me..i will get Nirvana if i die on a battle front...so if a chance comes my way..and i get lucky enough to lay my life for mother india... i will embrace my death with my head held high...and why only me..my whole family will be ready to sacrifice their life for India...and suppose my future kids won't be in a state of kill the enemies..i will wrap them with bombs and throw them at enemy soldiers so that atleast they can kill 4-5 at one go.. nothing comes first before nation...and this is not an emotional reply...

Dhondy Bhai.. For me..i will get Nirvana if i die on a battle front...so if a chance comes my way..and i get lucky enough to lay my life for mother india... i will embrace my death with my head held high...and why only me..my whole family will be ready to sacrifice their life for India...and suppose my future kids won't be in a state of kill the enemies..i will wrap them with bombs and throw them at enemy soldiers so that atleast they can kill 4-5 at one go.. nothing comes first before nation...and this is not an emotional reply...
Commendable, GIB, but far from reality. Let's hope you never have to see war.

Guest dada_rocks

You didn't answer my question, Dada. Keep in mind that you are talking to a soldier's son.
U have not really follwoed my posting closely, I have given these details in past.. You are talking to a persn who tried entering into air force three times once from engg hostel i went for NDA interview these guys just won't recruit me.... Forgot to mention I was laughing stock for the third attempt which happened while I was in second year under-grad..Only when I exhausted all the attempts I stopped trying.. Hope that answers your question

Guest dada_rocks

There's only one person this forum who knows how it is like to be married to a soldier. I await her reply.
Who that person would be? Radhika??

Re: India, Pakistan and water war Sorry Dhondy I wouldn't want to be a soldier fighting for land. Those that you mentioned above are harsh realities of life one can't get away with. I would no way go to the borders and fight a battle for the country. After having visited few countries and lived in a place most of my life where war is a rare word I appreciate a war less situation. Also I cannot digest the fact I'll be killing a lot of guys on the other side of the border that have families too. I wouldn't want to see parent less kids on the other side of the border too and certainly don't want to play a part in killing a beloved dad, a brother or a son on the other side. I wish people lived in peace but I know that isn't going to happen. If there is something I want to take up, it would rather be spreading message of peace than be a soldier.

Re: India, Pakistan and water war What are you sorry about, Ravi? That's an excellent and honest answer. I always smile when people talk about fighting wars. They have no idea how ruinous war can be. Most people will piss in their pants in a real battle.

Re: India, Pakistan and water war Well I thought my thoughts would appear cowardly to some and also would probably mean shying away from giving up your life for your country's cause. I was just being honest there not worried about my reputation as a patriot and am glad you took it well.

Guest dada_rocks

What are you sorry about, Ravi? That's an excellent and honest answer. I always smile when people talk about fighting wars. They have no idea how ruinous war can be. Most people will piss in their pants in a real battle.
See even those who eventually get to serve in air-force or army before joining the same are under "most people" section.......Of course if u will put an untrained individual in the middle of war he/she won't know what to do...... but to say most people will piss in their pants is patornizing and -informed words in my opinion. Every person is capable, desh-bhakti is very powerful phrase it can create a brave even out of rank cowards.

Every person is capable, desh-bhakti is very powerful phrase it can create a brave even out of rank cowards.
From what I've heard from my granddads (who fought in the second world war), dad and uncles (who fought in the china/pak wars), and even my cousin (who was in kargil) is that when you are in the middle of the war-zone, the survival instinct takes over and all the desh-bhakti is out of the window. Yes some religous bhakti does come into the picture lol.. and you remember God a lot. It's all about trying to survive one hour, one day, one battle at a time not just as an individual but as a platoon/brigade/batallion since strength is in numbers as well. Of course if you do well in battle, a patriotic spin is put on it to make it more appealing to the general public, and encourage more youngsters to join in. I chose not to join the armed forces despite having my whole family in the army (heck even my bua and masi were in the forces) not because of a lack of patriotism, but an understanding of the cronyism and beauracracy that you have to suffer, and the heartaches, trouble (and in the end an unfulfilled life) it causes the people that you leave behind. And these days an armed forces person isn't even accorded respect in India, so why sacrifice so much when all you get back is trauma, death and a general contemptuous attitude from the sit-on-your-ass nuovo riche.

Re: India, Pakistan and water war Going back to the OP, I think these thoughts are just over the top musings of a teen :hic: No point killing innocents across the border. Should get to the root of the problem, and send some assassins to take out the top brass @ ISI

Guest dada_rocks

Re: India, Pakistan and water war Cowardice is not a vice by any means if whole world turns coward it will do a world of good to the world peace

Re: India, Pakistan and water war To answer the question, I might but surely can't afford to being the only child of my parents and have to take care of them I'd like to add this, when I was studying in US ( 1997-99 ), my whole friend circle was the army group, all their parents were in the armed forces. I was surprised when they told me that they would never join the army, coz of the life their folks have been through. They harped about the social gatherings but no one really cared abt being a soldier, infact they all wanted to make lotta money In hindsight, my ex-wife's brother (a hindu Pakistani ) wanted to get into pak army but couldn't, coz of his religion..figure that I was disturbed by the fact when he told me he would have fought india for sure

I was disturbed by the fact when he told me he would have fought india for sure
Too often hindus from India confuse their nationalism with some sort of hindu-advocated nationalism. Fact is, there is no concept of 'nationalism towards a particular nation' in hinduism and some of the scriptures that do talk about nationalism do so without naming any particular national entity as the 'ultimate' one. Hindus from Thailand or Guyana or Trinidad wouldn't have any problem either fighting against India if they were in their armed forces. To address the topic : My thought has always been ' why should i spend my life trying to kill people or talking the language of bullets inorder to protect some arbitary lines in a map ?' Everytime i see those US Army ads or Canadian army ads on tv, i think ' who in their right mind would do this for a living ?!?' I know one thing for sure - if i ever get drafted, i am gonna go AWOL.