Who cares about t20 wc:G boycott

anyone really care about the Twenty20 World Cup? Yes, I suppose the players do and they have to because it is their professional job. But for me it is one tournament too many. It seems the ICC, every year, have some form of a "World Cup", and that to me is overkill. There is no specialness anymore. It is just another set of one-day matches. Big deal. I think soccer has got it right. They have a World Cup that comes along every four years, so it becomes very special for players not to miss it. The South American and European continents play their own tournament every four years, so there is a break there. So you are looking forward to these tournaments. I know the players will do their best, but sadly I don't think there will be big crowds. It is not a good place at this time of the year for people from Great Britain. A lot of the holiday traffic in the West Indies is from Great Britain, but people are not going to the West Indies in May because our summer is coming. They go there in January-March, when it is cold in England. http://www.cricinfo.com/talk/content/multimedia/457682.html :band::band:

Pakistan is the one team that cares more about this T20 than any other team. They suck in all the other formats. Also they were isolated from the IPL. They got a point to prove. So i wish we somehow meet them at some stage and eliminate them in grand style like we always do :--D
One can only shudder at thought of what will happen to Pakis if their team failed to retain the trophy. They will blame BCCI for that also?
Unless I missed something Clarke said
"For me, it's as serious as a one-day match or a Test match."
-- that too with respect to preparations for the game. Our friend in here presents a completely different picture to what he actually said.
Firstly people should stop calling it the T20 World Cup. It is World T20. And it is the T20 equivalent to the Champions Trophy not the 50 over world cup.
True, T20 World Cup just doesn't sound right. Call it anything but world cup. 50 overs should be the only world cup in cricket. This craze of T20 is suffocating other two beautiful and genuine forms of cricket.

T20 is still not that established in the international stage...ICC doesnt even have rankings for it. Most Indian players have played more IPL games than International T20 games. We have played less than all the other top 8 teams in this format. We scheduled the IPL to finish just a few days before the WC 2 years in a row.Fk, we are playing a World cup about as frequently as a Superbowl and World series baseball. Last year, no one really cared when Aus, the best cricketing team, lost all their games and were knocked out. T20 is not established yet. So a lot of people are not hyped about it as they could be. Besides, IPL is about as popular as International T20 in India and it just got over.

T20 is not established yet. So a lot of people are not hyped about it as they could be. Besides, IPL is about as popular as International T20 in India and it just got over.
I would say IPL is far more popular than international T20 coz lot at the stake. As you mentioned. nobody gave a toss about Australia's exit .
I dont dislike the format' date=' but I am disliking the overdose. IPL was a serious overdose. They seriously need to reduce the number of matches. The WC hopefully will be better.[/quote'] IPL length was fine for me. Its only 3 hours and since i watched only CSK matches, it was only around 50 hours of proper watching scattered with a few hours of watching Sachin, kumble or Ganguly over 50 days. I liked i could watch a game every few days. 19 games proposed for the next season is welcome too. It wasnt like i felt bad for not watching a game from ball 1 or i wasnt anal about watching nothing else at that time. It was entertainment and i treated it as a weekly TV show, except it was usually 3 CSK gamers per week.