Rajiv

Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

Re: Watched any new movies? Any one see Eklayva? How was it...worth watching? Btw, just saw on Yahoo! that it was the No. 20 movie in USA...in terms of box office receipts...

Re: Watched any new movies? I liked Eklavya but it was a tad short The end was kind bland, but I guess cinema goers must be tired of seeing "filmi" finales, so for a change it was good

Re: Watched any new movies? Saw a bunch of old foreign movies this past weekend: Bang Rajan (Thai with english subtitles; story of how a thai village resisted invading burmese armies for 6 months in a brutual conflict to preserve their independence; awesome fight sequences) Sommersault (beautiful aussie movie about this young teenage girl who runs away from home and attempts to start a new life in a resort town and tried to find love at the same time) I Stand Alone (Gasper Nor's first movie and i will not recommend this to anyone who is meek hearted!)

Re: Watched any new movies?

Any one see Eklayva? How was it...worth watching? Btw, just saw on Yahoo! that it was the No. 20 movie in USA...in terms of box office receipts...
Avoid like a plague - bland movie with large presentation. No story whatsoever and the ending to leave one baffled. Sorry cr@p movie. I wasted my ?15 quid on it. :mad:

Re: Watched any new movies? Saw Kingdom of Heaven the other day. Pretty decent movies that seems to have taken quite a bit of poetic license with actual facts on ground. Still makes for a nice viewing. More so for those who like to watch period movies with a war/battle background.

Re: Watched any new movies? So was I...it looked so funny in the trailers...but it turned out to be craptacular! Dying to watch TMNT and 300 now!

Re: Watched any new movies? Looks like all the good parts are in Trailers now Look forward for "Juno", by Jason Reitman of " Thank You for Smoking" Saw my 1st Hollywood shooting of that flick in Vancouver

Re: Watched any new movies? I loved the Ninja Turtles growing up (any child of the 80s and early 90s can attest to that lol)...so I dont care how good or bad the movie is...am just glad they're back on the big screen! Cowabunga, dude!! :hic:

Re: Watched any new movies? watched Wild Hogs and namesake Last week. awesome movies ... namesake was out n out Tabu's show.... but Irrfan and Kaal pen did a real good job. must watch movie. really touching :wtg:

I loved the Ninja Turtles growing up (any child of the 80s and early 90s can attest to that lol)...so I dont care how good or bad the movie is...am just glad they're back on the big screen! Cowabunga, dude!! :hic:
same here!, i just loved ninja turtles when i was a kid.. i had the ninja turtle's compass box, school bag, and water bottle :lmao: i even joined karate :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

watched Wild Hogs and namesake Last week. awesome movies ... namesake was out n out Tabu's show.... but Irrfan and Kaal pen did a real good job. must watch movie. really touching :wtg:
hmm :roll: frnd of mine saw it, and she said it wasnt great :huh: but she's in India, so mebbe its different for her.. movie is about adapting cultures and stuff na...

watched Wild Hogs and namesake Last week. awesome movies ... namesake was out n out Tabu's show.... but Irrfan and Kaal pen did a real good job. must watch movie. really touching :wtg:
hmm :roll: frnd of mine saw it, and she said it wasnt great :huh: but she's in India, so mebbe its different for her.. movie is about adapting cultures and stuff na...
Ya it is about adapting to a new culture and still remain youself ... if you are living outside India YOU MUST watch it. will definitely relate to it. :wtg: Tell you what, me and My Egyptian Freind went to wach it last saturday and while we were entering the theater, this White Lady stopped and held my hand and said, "you will really like this movie, Awesome". I went inside, 70 % of junta was Non-desi and when the movie ended and the lights came on, I saw atleast 10 people around me wiping their tears. (Not saying all this to add SKC creadebility, but coz of the fact that a wider can relate to it) later on, even my egyptian friend confronted that he cried once during the movie and even He could relate to it.

Yeah my aunt just saw it today...she's visiting from India and didn't like the movie at all....said the pace was too slow. I wanan watch it in any case...bieng an ABCD, I think I can relate to Kal Penn's character Gogol.

now i got to watch the movie to see where i stand :shrug: If i hate it, I am still desi.. if i like it, I'm an ABCD :lmao:
wicked.... :lmao: :lmao: hope it wasnt directed toward Aditi :hic:

Re: Watched any new movies? I saw "Pursuit of Happyness" yesterday on dvd....awesome movie with an inspiring story and brilliant performances from Will Smith and his son.... :wtg: :wtg:

Re: Watched any new movies? Ditto Adi Saw Blades of Glory last night ..... OMG it was Crazyy Hilarious!!!! the best scene that takes it all was.... A Guy, in responce to the Man-Man doubles figure skating, points towards the Hot-Dog Bun and says ... Does this looks right ?? and that Will Ferrell scene on the Treadmill. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: Watched any new movies? Watched Mystic River over the weekend. Probably about a couple of years old movie but I never got around to see it. Overall a nice movie with good acting by Sean Penn & Tim Robbins. Sean Penn is stellar as an angry father and Tim carries his role of an adult who has been hurt as a young child. No wonder they both won Oscars for the movie. Good watch.

Ditto Adi Saw Blades of Glory last night ..... OMG it was Crazyy Hilarious!!!! the best scene that takes it all was.... A Guy, in responce to the Man-Man doubles figure skating, points towards the Hot-Dog Bun and says ... Does this looks right ?? and that Will Ferrell scene on the Treadmill. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Mind-bottling!!!!! LOL

now i got to watch the movie to see where i stand :shrug: If i hate it, I am still desi.. if i like it, I'm an ABCD :lmao:
I think this ABCD thing is all pass? now

Re: Watched any new movies? I saw The 300 yesterday and i must say, i have mixed feelings about the movie. Yes, it is supposed to be an 'all action, no sense' movie for the guys and chicks who dig big muscular guys bashing other guys around. But the overall tone of the movie was quite racist - basically, anyone who's black is the first guy to get whacked in the movie. Plus they potray Xerxes as some sort of messed up transverstite type guy. He is this huge guy( in context of the movie, over 7 feet tall) who has a zillion piercings all over his body including his face and painfully heavy looking gold chains hooked on to these piercings all over his body. Plus he is extremely effeminate ( very similar to the character of 'Ra' in the original Stargate movie). They potray the Persian Immortals as these beast-like mindless destroying animals in chains and the Persian empire to be overall a teeming pool of savage nations uniting against the only bastion of civilization. Which is actually quite far from the truth - the Achamenid dynasty was one of the most enlightened dynasties in the history of mankind. Plus its massively exgaggerated to highlight the bravery of the Greeks. But - the underlying history of the war is remarkably accurate - the actual happenings of the battle, manuevers, etc. are remarkably accurate. Overall, an interesting movie due to its highly Sci-Fi fiction-fantasy approach.

Re: Watched any new movies? Watched 300 over this weekend. The first half is gripping while the second half badly lets down. There was no need for this to be a 2hour movie, an hour 15 minutes should have done the job. The movie should be watched as a work of fiction with some historical backdrop. Good action sequences and some nice camera effects. I watched it in IMAX and the effects were magnified, specially the part of the Oracle( :hic: ). If you havent seen it yet and plan to see it watch it in an IMAX if you can. Overall 7 out of 10.