Jump to content
Rajiv

Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Race 3

 

Like any other self respecting Muslim, I saw this movie on Eid.

 

The best part about this movie is that it has no script or screen play. It is a string of unrelated scenes and fight sequences one after the other, shot in Abu Dhabi. It had a Happy New Year deja vu, minus the dance. I expected Salman Khan to be his narcissist self, and hog all the limelight by being present in each and every scene, but he gave ample screen time to everyone. That way the blame in case of a commercial disaster would lie with the entire lot. 

 

0.5/10

Fans on Twitter are already requesting him not to make Dabang 3 because of flops like Tubelight and Race 3 :laugh:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Switchblade said:

Fans on Twitter are already requesting him not to make Dabang 3 because of flops like Tubelight and Race 3 :laugh:.

Race 3 is not a flop. earned over 160 crores

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Race 3 is not a flop. earned over 160 crores

It can be considered a flop esp when the film did 100 crores in 3 days (great initial because of hype) and then raked up the balance in its life time (bad word of mouth). Its budget is 150 crores so should ideally be making 3x

Edited by zen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, zen said:

It can be considered a flop esp when the film did 100 crores in 3 days (great initial because of hype) and then raked up the balance in its life time (bad word of mouth). Its budget is 150 crores so should ideally be making 3x

total profit for producers from this film is 160 crores. This is their biggest from any film till now.

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

total profit for producers from this film is 160 crores. This is their biggest from any film till now.

Though I am surprised that Parmanu didn’t do that well.I thought it was a brilliant movie and John Abraham acted really well.I don’t know wht these kind of films are not applauded by the audience.His movie Satyamev Jayte and Akshay Kumar’s Goal I am looking forward to both of them hope they do well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, velu said:

looks like we are dealing with one sallu bhai fan here :phehe:

I used to like him despite his antics and used to go and watch his movies but his Yakub prem and then feeling sad about surgical strike on Pakistan and keeping mum when attacks happened here in Uri and Pathankot made me stop watching his movies generally his movies are overhyped and one time watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, velu said:

looks like we are dealing with one sallu bhai fan here :phehe:

no. i am no Sallu fan. i have not watched any Sallu movie in theater in eons.  Presenting facts does not make anyone a fan. 

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John wick and its sequel : First one is one of the best action films, by the time I was watching its sequel I was bored of mindless repetitive action. 

Johnny Gaddar : Was watching it for 3rd time. Easily the best bollywood thriller of all time. Hats off to Sriram Raghvan. Looking forward to his upcoming thriller with Ayushman Khurana.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2018 at 1:27 AM, rkt.india said:

total profit for producers from this film is 160 crores. This is their biggest from any film till now.

Case of money laundering, black money being converted to white as collections from a flop movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Case of money laundering, black money being converted to white as collections from a flop movie.

Satellite rights alone have fetched over 100 crores.  So, no money laundering here. Collections are close 175 crores.  Distributor from one region have suffered some losses but producers have not.  Even the worst Salman film Jai Ho did over 100 crores. so, it is not money laundering or black money thing.  it is the crowd pulling power of Salman that his worst movies make 100 crores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a lanat on Bollywood movie if a movie like Sanju is blockbuster but then what else could we expect from single screen jahil. Hirani made a choochiya out of public and the public fell for it. Anushka role was cringeworthy and I love how everything bad which Sanjay did was not his own fault 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mission impossible fallout , probably the best movie of the  series..

 

movie plot is more complicated than any of the bollywoods extra marital affair based movies ..

at one point it got quite complex that i decided to not to bother abt the plot and started enjoying the awesome action sequences..

last 45mins of the action sequences are a nightmare  for all the people having acrophobia :fear:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2018 at 2:47 PM, Switchblade said:

Though I am surprised that Parmanu didn’t do that well.I thought it was a brilliant movie and John Abraham acted really well.I don’t know wht these kind of films are not applauded by the audience.His movie Satyamev Jayte and Akshay Kumar’s Goal I am looking forward to both of them hope they do well.

Parmanu made money. It grossed 65 crore nett. Pretty solid considering the lady producer was thinking of dumping it. I like John when he does such hatke films. His massy films which look like they will do well surprisingly don't do well.

Rrocky handsome, force 2..all were flops..though i like force 2 a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched a Telugu movie called 'Goodachari' today. It was easily one of the best spy thrillers I have seen. Considering the budget and all the constraints, the output was pretty impressive. Stunts, twists were pretty damn good, never a dull moment in the entire movie. And thankfully not many songs or crap like that, there were just some two 1 min songs. The way movie ended, it hinted they are gonna have a sequel. They can probably make a pretty good franchise series based on this. The story writer of the movie was also the hero and that guy was pretty good in the role, he also was storywriter for one of his earlier movies - 'Kshanam' which also was a pretty good thriller despite some copy scenes.

 

btw, would definitely recommend this movie. 

Edited by upriser7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 strong was above my expectations, thought it would be just another movie. Didn't know it was based on a true story. Shows the complexities that arise when the worlds strongest military works with warlords on the battlefield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Toilet Ek Prem Katha - Melodramatic and far fetched .. I don't think people defecate in public because they believe their homes should be pure. 

yeah that was some weird justification, might be true for some eastern UP or Bihar areas. Most of the people do it in villages because cant take **** in a toilet.  They have to go out habitually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone watched Andhadhun ?

It is getting great reviews. The best reviewed movie of the year.

I loved Sriram Raghvan's Johnny Gaddar and Ek Haseena thi. Though Badlapur was underwhelming. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Number said:

Anyone watched Andhadhun ?

It is getting great reviews. The best reviewed movie of the year.

I loved Sriram Raghvan's Johnny Gaddar and Ek Haseena thi. Though Badlapur was underwhelming. 

 

 

 

really good, dont miss it, it has some shades of JG, if you loved JG , you ll love Andhadhun as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Sanju- Weakest film of hirani till date

No doubt that Sanju was a terrible movie. But Hirani's worst has to be Saala Khadoos. I've had the misfortune of watching this movie. And trust you me, it makes Sanju look like Mulholand Drive. Saala Khadoos is that bad.

Edited by Mariyam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

No doubt that Sanju was a terrible movie. But Hirani's worst has to be Saala Khadoos. I've had the misfortune of watching this movie. And trust you me, it makes Sanju look like Mulholand Drive. Saala Khadoos is that bad.

Saala khadoos was produced by hirani not directed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Number said:

Yeah the second half is absolute mindfeck. Almost every minute there is one oh sh!t moment.

The writer is a genius.

Thanks @SK_IH for recommending.

For me

absolute genius was the scene when ayushman goes to Tabu's home for home personal concert

An absolute genius scene, will be talked for years n years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2018 at 8:18 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

For me

absolute genius was the scene when ayushman goes to Tabu's home for home personal concert

An absolute genius scene, will be talked for years n years 

Loved the scene.

It is inspired from a movie 'The piano tuner'( according to the director).

Check it on U tube.....not as much drama but good.

 

 

Loved Tabu's role .

 

 

 

Edited by beetle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, beetle said:

Loved the scene.

It is inspired from a movie 'The piano tuner'( according to the director).

Check it on U tube.....not as much drama but good.

 

 

Loved Tabu's role .

 

 

 

Tabu was awesome. Saw a cam rip and it seemed like it cut off some parts. Will wait for a DVD rip and watch it again :giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Badhai Ho, a very well made cute and funny movie, with excellent performances - Neena Gupta, Gajraj Rao and Ayushmann Khurana.  Glad that small movies are making it big, not just Khan movies. 

Crosses 100 cr in Box office.  Saw it in a packed house here in US. 

 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/66496693.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Edited by coffee_rules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Badhai Ho, a very well made cute and funny movie, with excellent performances - Neena Gupta, Gajraj Rao and Ayushmann Khurana.  Glad that small movies are making it big, not just Khan movies. 

Crosses 100 cr in Box office.  Saw it in a packed house here in US. 

 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/66496693.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

pretty good though I would say Gajrao Rao stole the show singlehandedly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×