Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

Rajiv

Re: Watched any new movies? Watched PARZANIA finally over this weekend. Had the movie for a while but somehow did not see it earlier..maybe I was not ready. What can I say? I was quite prepared mentally to watch this movie, or so I thought, but this is a top notch movie that left speechless nonetheless. What was great about the movie is the blunt directness and no punches held back. Great performances by Sarika, Naseeruddin Shah and the kids. Top movie. :wtg: xxxx

Re: Watched any new movies? No new movies, but watched a rather old one, made in 1968 by Sergio Leone, called "Once Upon A Time In The West", described as the greatest Western ever made. Stars Henry Fonda, Charles Bronson, and the beautiful Claudio Cardinale whose husband is murdered by Fonda at the beginning of the film. The movie was good. I wouldn't call it the best I've ever seen, but the soundtrack was amazing...particularly the title track. I don't think I've heard a more haunting and nostalgic theme in my life. It'll stay with you long after you have turned the telly off. Just ordered the soundtrack on CD today. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Once-Upon-Time-West-Us/dp/B000002W71/ref=pd_bbs_sr_6/203-9592836-4815127?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1178534751&sr=8-6

Re: Watched any new movies?

Watched PARZANIA finally over this weekend. Had the movie for a while but somehow did not see it earlier..maybe I was not ready. What can I say? I was quite prepared mentally to watch this movie, or so I thought, but this is a top notch movie that left speechless nonetheless. What was great about the movie is the blunt directness and no punches held back. Great performances by Sarika, Naseeruddin Shah and the kids. Top movie. :wtg: xxxx
I thought the movie had very bad performances by the actors. They didn't look very convincing in the roles they played. The US fella in that movie must be one of the worst actors I've come across. I'm sure they would have picked him from some utube amateur video.

Re: Watched any new movies? My S.O. made me watch Belle de Jour... now that i think about, i would have much rather have watched it with a bunch of my guy friends... they have not made movies so ideal for drinking games such as this (Pitch Black being the one exception).

Re: Watched any new movies? just finished watching the Last Sentinel, a low budget made for tv movie on sci fi with Katie Sackhoff (aka. Lt. Kara "starbuck" Thrace)... need another roll of heavy duty dawny paper napkins to mop up the puddle of drool...

Re: Watched any new movies? I watched two movies this weekend. The first was the Iranian movie "Kandahar". This movie was released around 2001-02 and garnered quite an impression in the West. At the time it made me just a bit cynical thinking that Western world would perhaps lap at anything remotely related with Afganistan. Over this weekend I saw this movie and honestly I was mesmerised. This is a top class effort showing an Canadian-Afgani woman who travels to Kandahar to meet his sister in a war ravaged state. Iranian movie is one of the top class movie industry right now and this is one of their great products. Watch it if you can. :yeah: The second was Sunny Deol starring Big Brother. Dont know why the eff did I bother. My emotions would be put in best by Mithun Chakrabory- Guddu Dhanoa(director) tere naam ka Kutta paloon.. :mad: xxx

Re: Watched Goodfellas and Godfather. Goodfellas: (Watched it some 8/9 yrs back,i didnt understand/like the movie that time bcoz i was a kid:hic: ) My friend gave me the DVD, excellent movie & excellent acting by Joe Pesci,Ray and Robert De Niro. Godfather : No doubt One of the best movies I have ever seen, Marlon Brando at his best and not to forget Al Pacino,amazing performances :hail: