Interviewing Munda Pakistani

Rajiv

Hey I know it can be very tough to be on a rival board with no real support. I am sure there would be times where you must be banging the desk and gulping lotta anger and frustration, its natural and I would do it too if I were in your position. This is just a light-hearted thread for the only active Pakistani here, it takes courage to face so many here and keep your cool. So what inspires you to be here, is it the challenge, the board for it's features and people or you just enjoy the oppositions view?

Re: Interviewing Munda Pakistani Hey Rajeev Thanks for the kind words. There are quite a few reasons why i come this board, first and foremost it's the fact that i have always been a fan of Indian cricket. Back in the mid to late 90s i remember i used to stay up till late night just to watch the likes of Azharuddin,Ganguly, Tendulkar and VVS Laxman showcase their skills and now i am entralled by the likes of Dhoni, Yuvraj etc. Secondly i feel that it's about time that we look beyound this rivalry, i reckon that if the common people of both countries start to trust each other and cut down on this rivalry then this would limit the influence of these politicians who are merely there for their personal agendas.

Re: Interviewing Munda Pakistani Good call there Rajeev. MP saab a few questions from my side as well: 1) When are you bringing over your "Mundi" to our board :wtg: 2) Okay seriously now - why Inzzy in you avtar mate? 3) If you see a Islam/Pakistan related thread(generally it can get nasty at times) do you go through it or let it go knowing what to expect? 4) A Pakistani cricket question to you. Pakistani team seems to have two kind of players(broadly speaking). On one hand you have super literate people, sort of what they call Oxbridge in England - players like Kardar, Imran, Majid and so on. On the other hand you have players like Miandad who is known to piss English cricketers by walking upto them and breaking wind. I once read Arif Abbasi(former PCB head) mention how he had to almost force Zahid Fazal to wear whites as he had played all his cricket in salwar-kameej. It looks like two complete opposites. What do you make of that and where are players that fall in middle line? 5) Finally - Kapil dev or Imran. Your answer shouldnt start with alphabet I . Consider yourself warned!! xxx

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Interviewing Munda Pakistani So ur handle on PP is pakpassion and u are a moderator there. Simple answer in terms of yes or no will suffice.

Re: Interviewing Munda Pakistani

Good call there Rajeev. MP saab a few questions from my side as well: 1) When are you bringing over your "Mundi" to our board :wtg: 2) Okay seriously now - why Inzzy in you avtar mate? 3) If you see a Islam/Pakistan related thread(generally it can get nasty at times) do you go through it or let it go knowing what to expect? 4) A Pakistani cricket question to you. Pakistani team seems to have two kind of players(broadly speaking). On one hand you have super literate people, sort of what they call Oxbridge in England - players like Kardar, Imran, Majid and so on. On the other hand you have players like Miandad who is known to piss English cricketers by walking upto them and breaking wind. I once read Arif Abbasi(former PCB head) mention how he had to almost force Zahid Fazal to wear whites as he had played all his cricket in salwar-kameej. It looks like two complete opposites. What do you make of that and where are players that fall in middle line? 5) Finally - Kapil dev or Imran. Your answer shouldnt start with alphabet I . Consider yourself warned!! xxx
1- haha...i expect a response in the lines of "Khood too aitna waqt zaya kertay hoo aur aub mujhay bhee ais line pay laganay chahtay hoo?" 2- If it wasn't for Inzi i might have never became a die hard fan of this game, his innings at Auckland in the 1992 semi-final is quite simply the best world cup innings that i have ever seen. I also appreciate him for the number of times he has saved PAK in the crisisi situation and overall calm demeanor that helps the team as a whole. 3- I do read some of these threads and the ones about Islam really disappoint me to the core. The fact that a lot of these people lack the knowledge and all they do is follow the commands of certain websites and certain news channels and openly bash Islam. My request to all these people is that if you want to bash the religion then first try to understand all the way. I suggest you read the Quran in it's ENTIRITY, discuss the issues with scholars, go to the Friday Salah and pay attention to what the Imam is saying and try to inquire about the environment of an average Muslim household. It is only then that you have the right to question the principals of a religion. 4- That's an interesting observation, even in the current team you will see players like Salman Butt who is from one of the richest Kashmiri family in Lahore on the other hand you get guys like M Yousuf whose family was so poor that he played his childhood cricket with a table tennis ball. I guess since we don't hear much about the family back ground of players like Shoaib, Younis, Yasir, M Sami, Gul etc so it can be assumed that they all fall in the middle line. 5- Kapil as a batsman, Imran as a bowler, Imran as a captain and Imran as an all rounder.

Hi MP, 6) If Pakistan were to exit the World Cup in the super eights and India progressed to the semis, would you be supporting India to win the World Cup instead ? Honest answers will be appreciated...cheers m8
I will unless SL and WI are still around! A W Indian win will be the greatest thing for cricket and it would allow the Carribean Islands to reemerge as a cricketing powerhouse. If PAK and WI don't win then i'll go with SL because a) All their players have an excellent attitude and all seem very friendly b) their country is currently going through a massive crisis and the WC win will be great gift to a struggling country.

Re: Interviewing Munda Pakistani Hey Munda, I checked the site some time back and it has come a long way since old ICF, PP days. It's so very interactive and personal I think since us ( ICF 2, and PP - the site ) have been better than sportnetwork where we were together and there was greater animosity

Hey Munda, I checked the site some time back and it has come a long way since old ICF, PP days. It's so very interactive and personal I think since us ( ICF 2, and PP - the site ) have been better than sportnetwork where we were together and there was greater animosity
I am relatively new to the moderating business . I hardly ever visited the site when it was on sportsnetwork but now i feel that the likes of MIG and Saj have transformed it from a mere Indian bashing site to a truly informative cricket discussion site.

3- I do read some of these threads and the ones about Islam really disappoint me to the core. The fact that a lot of these people lack the knowledge and all they do is follow the commands of certain websites and certain news channels and openly bash Islam. My request to all these people is that if you want to bash the religion then first try to understand all the way. I suggest you read the Quran in it's ENTIRITY, discuss the issues with scholars, go to the Friday Salah and pay attention to what the Imam is saying and try to inquire about the environment of an average Muslim household. It is only then that you have the right to question the principals of a religion.
Well maybe then you can enlighten us. Maybe by answering a few questions and educating us. 1. Does Islam believe in Kaffars and what does this mean? 2. What does Islam believe should happen to Kaffars? 3. What does Islam believe should happen to a muslim who decides to practice another religion? 4. Under Sharia law in Islam, what does a woman need to do to prove she has been raped?

Well maybe then you can enlighten us. Maybe by answering a few questions and educating us. 1. Does Islam believe in Kaffars and what does this mean? 2. What does Islam believe should happen to Kaffars? 3. What does Islam believe should happen to a muslim who decides to practice another religion? 4. Under Sharia law in Islam, what does a woman need to do to prove she has been raped?
MP, I shall leave it upto you to choose to answer them questions or not but if I was in your boots I shall ignore the mindless rants as up above. There is a time and place for questions, howsoever vitriolic, and I can not see any reason why the above questions have to be raised here. xx

Re: Interviewing Munda Pakistani DSR there is no point asking questions that you think you know the answer already. Also the questions you have asked have no relevance to what MP said. If MP follows certain religion, then be it. I'm sure they can nit pick a lot in your religion too and ask you a lot of questions. All he is saying is not to go by hearsay but try and understand first hand the reasons for them following a certain religion. I think the questioning of his faith should be kept to threads that are already there in umpteen in general discussions. I suppose this thread should be bereft of questioning someone's faith for once.

Re: Interviewing Munda Pakistani Guys, thanks for the kind words and support

3- I do read some of these threads and the ones about Islam really disappoint me to the core. The fact that a lot of these people lack the knowledge and all they do is follow the commands of certain websites and certain news channels and openly bash Islam. My request to all these people is that if you want to bash the religion then first try to understand all the way. I suggest you read the Quran in it's ENTIRITY, discuss the issues with scholars, go to the Friday Salah and pay attention to what the Imam is saying and try to inquire about the environment of an average Muslim household. It is only then that you have the right to question the principals of a religion.
I dont want to answer for others but as far as Iam concerned .. I have done all the above except for talking to a real Imam. and what I say is based on my personal experiences with after interacting with real people for many many years at a very close level. At that point I said maybe I had the misfortune of dealing with the wrong sample ... but the advent of internet just confirmed my worst fears. You are a very nice individual & I can understand your feelings ... and if you insist that I have wrong information email me at the mods address and we can take the discussion offline over email ... and we can discuss this more fruitfully.
Hey BB, I respect your opinion and here it just might be a case of agreeing to disagree, however i'll defiantly send you my email address where you can tell me about your negative experiences while dealing with Muslims and how you think it's their religion that made them act in the way in which they did. I would also request for a brief summary of your conversations with the Muslims and non-Muslim scholars and what you learnt about the environment in a Muslim household.

Re: Interviewing Munda Pakistani i dont know, if u remember..... i had mentioned oncce, how one of my best childhood friends was a muslim who used to come to our house and celebrate our diwali asnd eat food at my place.... but i was never allowed in his house..... whereas, his not so close muslim friends were most welcome in his house....

i dont know' date=' if u remember..... i had mentioned oncce, how one of my best childhood friends was a muslim who used to come to our house and celebrate our diwali asnd eat food at my place.... but i was never allowed in his house..... whereas, his not so close muslim friends were most welcome in his house....[/quote'] Very strange... because i used to have both Hindu and Christian friends in high school and they all used to regularly visit my house. Even now i study and work with Hindus, Christians, Sikhs etc and off course they all visit my house and i go to theirs. Guys don't forget that both Muslims and Hindus lived relatively peacefully for hundreds of years so just because a few politicians have tingled us with this piece of land called Kashmir we should not forget about the so called good old days!