Interviewing Munda Pakistani

Rajiv

Re: Interviewing Munda Pakistani Faisal, I'm really impressed by you and your restrained talking and how you didn't lose you temper even once while reading all this. Even my husband was mightily impressed. Ravi needs to be complimented too for keeping things controlled here. Well done guys!!! :wtg:

Re: Interviewing Munda Pakistani

i dont know' date=' if u remember..... i had mentioned oncce, how one of my best childhood friends was a muslim who used to come to our house and celebrate our diwali asnd eat food at my place.... but i was never allowed in his house..... whereas, his not so close muslim friends were most welcome in his house....[/quote'] Very strange... because i used to have both Hindu and Christian friends in high school and they all used to regularly visit my house. Even now i study and work with Hindus, Christians, Sikhs etc and off course they all visit my house and i go to theirs. Guys don't forget that both Muslims and Hindus lived relatively peacefully for hundreds of years so just because a few politicians have tingled us with this piece of land called Kashmir we should not forget about the so called good old days!
MP... but where did kashmir figure in this... he is as much an indian as i am and equally patriotic..... and i dont blame him..... u used to be free with all religions wen u were young and now, hence u r much appreciated by everyone.... but u r an exception, my friend... tht is my point....

Well maybe then you can enlighten us. Maybe by answering a few questions and educating us. 1. Does Islam believe in Kaffars and what does this mean? 2. What does Islam believe should happen to Kaffars? 3. What does Islam believe should happen to a muslim who decides to practice another religion? 4. Under Sharia law in Islam, what does a woman need to do to prove she has been raped?
MP, I shall leave it upto you to choose to answer them questions or not but if I was in your boots I shall ignore the mindless rants as up above. There is a time and place for questions, howsoever vitriolic, and I can not see any reason why the above questions have to be raised here. xx
Hardly a mindless rant, pertinenet questions on Islam! Why will MP not answer my questions is the real issue? He can as he claim educate us on islam as we are all ignorant about it

DSR there is no point asking questions that you think you know the answer already. Also the questions you have asked have no relevance to what MP said. If MP follows certain religion' date=' then be it. I'm sure they can nit pick a lot in your religion too and ask you a lot of questions. All he is saying is not to go by hearsay but try and understand first hand the reasons for them following a certain religion. I think the questioning of his faith should be kept to threads that are already there in umpteen in general discussions. I suppose this thread should be bereft of questioning someone's faith for once.[/quote'] Why not ask him questions on Islam? He claimed people post on Islam without even knowing about it. Thus he laid the charges, so I merely asking him questions on Islam so I know more about it.

Why not ask him questions on Islam? He claimed people post on Islam without even knowing about it. Thus he laid the charges, so I merely asking him questions on Islam so I know more about it.
Ask yourself if that was truely your motive. I don't think so. In anycase, this thread is about asking questions to MP- not about his religion. Ie, ask away stuff about him and his life. And please tell me- how do you react when a gora says the following ?: " ooh you are a hindu!. I got a few questions for you mate: 1. Do hindus still burn women at the funeral ? 2. Do hindus still marry kids ? 3. What is your caste ? 4. Do you walk on the other side of the street from untouchables and take a shower if so much as their shadow falls on you ? " Clearly, that is taking an aggressive standpoint not just against you but also your religion straight off the bat.

Why not ask him questions on Islam? He claimed people post on Islam without even knowing about it. Thus he laid the charges, so I merely asking him questions on Islam so I know more about it.
Everyone asks questions about Islam on this board non stop including myself and not one has been told not to. We both clearly know you have picked those questions as a deliberate ploy at showing the flaws in his religion. We both aren't that naive to believe your last post had great intensions of learning about his religion. I don't believe most of us even know much about his religion, all of us fellas are just reading stuff from some website and posting here. Whatever the flaws in that religion there must be few good things too, why not ask about those? Clearly you knew the answers for the questions you have asked anyways. Even if you google you can see the answers for those questions can't ya? :lol:

Why not ask him questions on Islam? He claimed people post on Islam without even knowing about it. Thus he laid the charges' date=' so I merely asking him questions on Islam so I know more about it. [/quote'] Everyone asks questions about Islam on this board non stop including myself and not one has been told not to. We both clearly know you have picked those questions as a deliberate ploy at showing the flaws in his religion. We both aren't that naive to believe your last post had great intensions of learning about his religion. I don't believe most of us even know much about his religion, all of us fellas are just reading stuff from some website and posting here. Whatever the flaws in that religion there must be few good things too, why not ask about those? Clearly you knew the answers for the questions you have asked anyways. Even if you google you can see the answers for those questions can't ya? :lol:
I know plenty about Islam. I have interacted with muslims all my life. I know their religion and way of thinking. They tell me enough about it unfortunatley :shrug: I have not been looking up islam on the web. You may not know about islam ravi but believ me their are plenty who do and they have not gained their knowledge through web and media

" ooh you are a hindu!. I got a few questions for you mate: 1. Do hindus still burn women at the funeral ? 2. Do hindus still marry kids ? 3. What is your caste ? 4. Do you walk on the other side of the street from untouchables and take a shower if so much as their shadow falls on you
1. No its against the law in India. And if they do then IMO they should be improsened those responsible. 2. No its against the law in India. And if they do then IMO they should be improsened those responsible. 3. None of your business. 4. No. Now can MP answer my questions on his religion. As he was the one who brought it up in this thread, thus he showed a willingness to talk about it when it suited him.

Now can MP answer my questions on his religion. As he was the one who brought it up in this thread, thus he showed a willingness to talk about it when it suited him.
Arrey baba, i am not asking you those questions. Merely asking you how you'd feel if someone asked you those questions while interviewing you. I fail to see what exactly you are trying to accomplish here - you arn't endearing yourself to him and you are asking questions the answer to which you can easily find elsewhere. I guess the best i can come up with for your case is you want MP to explicitly state his 'muslimness' so that you can judge whether he's a fundie or whether he is the so-called 'rare' ones. PS: The 'rare' ones as someone likened MP to, arnt really that rare. I know its hard for most to grasp but most educated muslims, much like educated anybodies, arn't that interested in your lives but want to just get on with their lives. Take it from someone who's lived in the middle east off and on for over five years.

Re: Interviewing Munda Pakistani Well CC. All I would say is let MP answer those questions I am very interested in his answers. I don't understand why everyone is leaping to his defence. He brought up Islam and so asked him a few questions on it. Let him answer them. I am sure he is more then capable of defending himself without his possy of protectors. To be honest his post annoyed me with the you lot don't undertstand my religion tone. You don't have to be muslim to understand islam. just like you dont have to be a christian to understand christianity. Answer my questions MP and educate us.

Re: Interviewing Munda Pakistani He didn't bring up Islam at all - Lurker asked him a very benign question about threads addressing Islam, he answered it well and then all the shyte started hitting the fan. I agree with you about the standard comment from Muslims and all that but seriously mate, chill out. MP isnt here to create trouble, he is an excellent dude overall and i kinda wish our board had more desi people like him, ravi, rahul, etc. than the ones out with a vendetta. Stroking the fire doesn't solve the problem of the fire !

Re: Interviewing Munda Pakistani Stoking the fire, LOL. I think you attach way to much to this board and the impact it will have on world opinion and events. I have no vendetta. I feel that muslims should take a closer look at their religion and realise that it has many flaws and so should not be followed blindly. However, they do not do this and instead follow it to the letter. Muslims need to realise this instaed of telling us how totally wonderful and perfect it is. Islam has many many flaws like all religions and so should not be followed completely. Thus I feel muslims are the ones who need educating on their religion, so they can realise these flaws and stop following everything that god dammn book tells them.

Stoking the fire, LOL. I think you attach way to much to this board and the impact it will have on world opinion and events.
lol Well, i am an utilitarianist buddhist - so yes, i do believe in the deconstruction of worldly events into smaller scale group interactions. Ie, in our very small way, we do have an impact on the world as an individual, as a group, as a forum, etc etc.
However, they do not do this and instead follow it to the letter.
Look- we have a rather hard time convincing hindus that not all scriptures are accurate and concepts such as caste system, dowry, etc. are wrong ( i am not talking about neo-enlightened hindus but the common populace in India- which is still rural and illiterate). And nowhere in our books does it say ' everything you read here is 100% right'. Unfortunately for them, their book categorically claims so - that its 100% right. So obviously, they will follow it to the letter if they are die-hard traditionalists/conservative. My personal beleif is that reform in Islam can only come from within and the most we, non-muslims can do, is to encourage the concept of critical thinking and contain the situation. This is not about balls or cowardice or ego or whatever- this is simply about what works and what doesn't. See, inorder to spark any critical thinking at all in Islam or in a Muslim who believes truely in his religion, the first thing you gotto do is to deconstruct the idea that the Koran is 100% correct. Inorder to do that, you don't go mudslinging around the Prophet or the Koran or talk about how many its killed or what it prescribes to the non-believers etc etc. That'll only inspire an instant defensive reaction and the talk will go nowhere. Instead ask them this : How can you have a perfect book without a perfect language. I asked my muslim best buddy this and he is a mathematician doing his masters- he admitted that it is a logical flaw in the Koran to be declaring itself to be a perfect text when it hasn't described Arabic (its original text) to be perfect nor has it provided any reason why Arabic would be perfect. You gotto take away the personal aspect first man. And you make it personal by calling it names, making a list of attrocities, etc etc.

Re: Interviewing Munda Pakistani I still await MP's answers to my questions. As his response is of interest to me if not to others. Thus if you wish to direct questions towards me or discuss other matters then I would suggest you start a seperate thread on this. As this thread is interviewing MP, which is what I wish to do. I await his answers with much anticipation.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Interviewing Munda Pakistani B R AMBEDKAR BEGS TO DIFFER ON WE HAVE LIVED TOGETHER PEACEFULLY...AND HE KNOWS A THING OR TWO ABOUT HISTORY

Faisal, I'm really impressed by you and your restrained talking and how you didn't lose you temper even once while reading all this. Even my husband was mightily impressed. Ravi needs to be complimented too for keeping things controlled here. Well done guys!!! :wtg:
Thanks for the kind words Chandan.
@ mp, what for u comes first? Pakistan or Islam??????
Islam. DSR, I have already answered those questions in another thread where i had a lengthy discussion with Bheem and some others, it was in Novemeber so you can search if you want to.