The Truth About Aurangzeb.

Birbal2

Re: The Truth About Aurangzeb. I say leave Lurker and Gaurang to carry on with their no-holds-barred debate. I don't see anything wrong with a bit of effing and blinding. It's an emotive issue, after all. Everybody else butt out, unless you have something to add to the debate. Believe me, these two don't need any lessons in etiquette...and they certainly need no help.

Re: The Truth About Aurangzeb.

I visited Gujarat just last December.... It is running quite well..thank you.. the place has an energy and buzz about it that was missing even in a place like Bombay...which now seems to be decaying and being overwhelmed by migrants from U.P. and Bihar...
Pitiful is the plight of those me overlook, forgetting that its their sacrifice and blood that churn the cauldron that feeds the privileged few. Surrender some and sacrifice some more, or see your illusions washed in a tidal wave of their tortured souls...
wtf was that. :eek:
its the economic suppression and oversight of these "migrants" that is permitting our rampant industrialization. as we grow richer, it behooves us to redistribute the wealth or risk a subaltern rebellion. Hence, this so called decay must be countered by providing employment and better living conditions for these migrants that we so scathingly dismiss...
keep the country free for all, that i agree. let people migrate from one part to another, makes sense. redistribution of wealth happens as a result, so be it. providing employment and better living conditions isn't something policy or country can do. these will happen for those who are willing to take the initiative in a free country like ours.

Doc and Gambit ... then maybe you need to tell Lurker to not get bent outts shape and start accusing the mods of dereliction of duty ... when **** hits the fan ..... cant have it both ways .... and one more thing ... when the fertilizer hits the fan ... asking him to be around ... he usually vanishes fatafat .... after lighting the flames.
C'mon Boss, you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Just let people be.

Yesterday Gambo ... and he actually promised to vanish if he didnt like my answers to a bunch of his questions ... which included a bunch of rhteorics insults and the usual name calling.
BB, I promised to "vanish" if I didnt like answers to a bunch of his questions? Seriously when did that happen? This is what I wrote, ad-verbatim, ""If I beleive your posts are a waste of time to respond, I reserve the right of doing so". Why should I waste my time knowing fully well that you are neither getting my message nor willing to concede that you are not getting my message? To use that as suggesting "he promise to vanish", "he likes to run away", is childish. You may not value your time but I do and hey the day you start filling my timesheets at work feel free to indulge me 24*7. Till then stop making assumptions. Also if you want to start name calling get down off your pedestal first. To be a MOD and call posters troll ad-nauseum makes you look like, well I shall use a kahawat in my part of the country - bandar ke haath mein ustara de diya to sab sa sar to moondega hi.. xxxx

Re: The Truth About Aurangzeb. Come on folks, a thread involving discussions between Gaurang & Lurker, two very mature & knowledgeable posters, is no place for moderation. We, mods, should simply stay away from it. They are both BIG boys & are mature enuff to handle themselves. Lurker & Gaurang, please continue

Re: The Truth About Aurangzeb. Don't make me ban both of you :lmao: Let's debate the points and forget the personal love affairs :lmao: Btw I am of the opinion that Indians should be free to live and work where ever the hell they want. For example the Karnataka/Tamilnadu thing is such a childish thing! Damn I forgot what this debate was all about :lmao:

I visited Gujarat just last December.... It is running quite well..thank you.. the place has an energy and buzz about it that was missing even in a place like Bombay...which now seems to be decaying and being overwhelmed by migrants from U.P. and Bihar...
Pitiful is the plight of those me overlook, forgetting that its their sacrifice and blood that churn the cauldron that feeds the privileged few. Surrender some and sacrifice some more, or see your illusions washed in a tidal wave of their tortured souls...
wtf was that. :eek:
its the economic suppression and oversight of these "migrants" that is permitting our rampant industrialization. as we grow richer, it behooves us to redistribute the wealth or risk a subaltern rebellion. Hence, this so called decay must be countered by providing employment and better living conditions for these migrants that we so scathingly dismiss...
keep the country free for all, that i agree. let people migrate from one part to another, makes sense. redistribution of wealth happens as a result, so be it. providing employment and better living conditions isn't something policy or country can do. these will happen for those who are willing to take the initiative in a free country like ours.
I dont want to be pedantic here... i hear these phrases all the time: "take the initiative", "be aggressive" etc etc. But being a trade economist i can tell you that all these amount to zilch. If you read John Maynard Keynes' essays on public policy and budgets you will notice that it is the job of the government to provide ample employment by spending the tax revenue on public service economies such as housing, transit systems, municipal facilities etc etc. unfortunately with all the wealth we have accumulated over the past few years of economic growth, we are simply hedging our bets with treasury bills and forward contracts to preserve the exchange rate... and the little that we do spend we spend it on stuff that does not alleviate poverty or stimulate more growth such as the absolute rubbish "guaranteed employment programe" which is such a fracking farce that it hurts. and yeah, good job spending more on defence... spend more on telecommunication and education you dumb fools (not you, the politicians). unfortunately chidambram is a bit of a conservative economist who is infatuated with a balanced budget... when infact our priority ought to be to exploit the possible pool of skilled labor that goes untapped due to lack of education and infrastructure. my two cents...

Re: The Truth About Aurangzeb. Viveri Keneysian economics is dead... Friedman is the new model... Govt. should GET OUT OF THE WAY... and UNLEASH the private sector... Infact Govt. should only be involved in provideing Defense for the nation ...and as regulator for others such as environment, economy, transport, etc...

Infact Govt. should only be involved in provideing Defense for the nation ...and as regulator for others such as environment, economy, transport, etc..
Also public health. That remaining under government domain is a must.