What will you do?

kabira

Re: What will you do? I would if I have the chance The problem is too much time is invested in settling abroad, but if I had the chance to move back; I would do it in a jiffy But who knows, I might hate it. Mind you, personally it's been 5 years since I have been to India

Re: What will you do? >The problem is too much time is invested in settling abroad, but if I had the chance to move back; I would do it in a jiffy what sort of chance?? somehow you come to know that you have rich relative who left you millions (Mala Mala style)??

Re: What will you do? After bieng born and brought up in the US, I spent my most of my teenage years in India (age 12-19). It was a wonderful experience....getting absorbed in the culture, the people, etc...but after moving back to the US and re-settling here for the past 7 years, I don't think I could go back to India to live there for good.

Re: What will you do?

Do you ever think of going back some day?
Yes. Every day.
If so, how easy is it for you to move back to your country?
Easier than how it felt to leave India and come to USA. There is something very very apna about India. Its the feeling when you walk on Juhu beach and see kids run and play. You look around and know that it all belongs to you. Its your country, your land, place where you were born and place you wanna close your eyes the last time. I have never felt that feeling for USA(though I love it very much. xxx

After bieng born and brought up in the US' date=' I spent my most of my teenage years in India (age 12-19). It was a wonderful experience....getting absorbed in the culture, the people, etc...but after moving back to the US and re-settling here for the past 7 years, I don't think I could go back to India to live there for good.[/quote'] But see with yoru teeny years, you didnt have to worry about getting a new job or starting a business. I think kabira meant mostly for folks who came here from India, settled for few years and going back ( atleast what i assumed 0

There is no f*cking way i'm going back there. I don't know how a sane' date=' ambitious and talented person can even contemplate such a move.[/quote'] Hmm, there are have been tons who went back. Unless one didn't lead a very comfortable life back home and is mesmerized by the foreign culture Some just come for the fun of it, and go back Frankly, every situation is different and there is no perfect answer to this but it's very possible to settle back..dunno why one is so surprised

Re: What will you do? I am going back for good this year...after living here for 6 years... India was always near to my heart...and there are thousands of individual who have made it big in spite of system..sometimes I feel ppl just blame system to make sure their failure is hidden.

I am going back for good this year...after living here for 6 years... India was always near to my heart...and there are thousands of individual who have made it big in spite of system..sometimes I feel ppl just blame system to make sure their failure is hidden.
Well said Great News bud, good on ya I thought the system has become better, and life ( atleast ) in a big city is really good I regret the fact i ever left bombay

Hmm, there are have been tons who went back. Unless one didn't lead a very comfortable life back home and is mesmerized by the foreign culture Some just come for the fun of it, and go back Frankly, every situation is different and there is no perfect answer to this but it's very possible to settle back..dunno why one is so surprised
Yeah - leave the comfort of the USA for open sewers, irresistible heat, dust, dirt, disease, smog and poor hygiene, irregular water and electricity, corruption, bickering family members, poverty, crappy wages, sh*tty public transport, paan stains and bidis all over the place, cows strolling leisurely wherever they please, mounds of bullsh*t every 5 metres, and some of the most vile people you are ever likely to come across. Yeah....so easy !! Sorry, but i couldn't do it. I guess experiences vary. I like lots of things about India (i have visited Delhi 3 times in the last 5 years) but for some reason i could never ever live there. Those were the things that come to mind when i first think of India...the good stuff follows, and then i see them being outweighed by the negatives.

Re: What will you do? I thought you lived in the UK, Pred? Maybe South India isn't that bad. All the bidi and betel juice stuff is mainly in the cow belt. North Bihar & UP are no doubt hell on earth. You see those specimens carrying rifles in the streets and wonder what world they live in. Could I live in India again? Don't think I could. The crowds would upset me, the absence of rule of the law, people jostling each other, women being leered at in open lust, seeing children in poverty, but most of all the naked aspirations in the eyes of youngsters dreaming of the West and the life beyond.. I'd have to ask myself why on earth would I give up a life I had worked years to attain?

Re: What will you do? If you are 21 years old and want to make something of yourself, you have no place in India. If you ever go to New Delhi, just take a trip to Kasturba Gandhi Marg (it's next to Connaught Place) and walk into the British Council, the American center, etc. and see the number of young kids who are there - inquiring about the procedure to apply to a US univ, requesting all sorts of forms, test dates, costs of prep courses, etc. Go to the US Embassy in Chanakya Puri and see the lines which stretch for MILES on end - most are all students (and dodgy Punjabis) waiting for their visa. What do you think is going through their heads ?

I thought you lived in the UK' date=' Pred?[/quote'] I'm a New Yorker, m8

Re: What will you do? I did work as a Web Designer in the last couple of years I lived there, even though I was just a "teenybopper". I think the biggest roadblock for not moving back (love to visit, though) is that I realized that I am just more of an American than an Indian. I'm very proud of my roots, but I'm just too used to my lifestyle here to move back.