Consolidation is the way to go

Last world cup i was worried about Dhoni's no.3 spot where he tried to "consolidate" us into ground. Seems like on windies pitches that is the way to go. Ball is doing a bit for few overs and once the ball gets old it gets easier to hit through the line. So Dhoni at no.3 should be a stop gap solution as long as they play at barbados.

We are playing our next match in the same ground and the next one against Sri Lanka in St. Lucia. And i don't think West Indian bowlers are as good as Australian bowlers. Our bowling is weak. Get rid of Yusuf Pathan and bring Umesh Yadav in the next game.

Too late dude... methinks the horse has already bolted. With such a lousy NRR don't see India going through to the next round. By the way can't figure out why we decide to field against aussies in crucial WC encounters. We tried it in 2003 and we lost, we batted first in 2007 T20 and we won and today we lost again while fielding second. I mean look at the SA-Ind match. Ind were 43-2 after 8 overs but still ended up making 186 as the batsmen took time to get set and score freely after that. But when you are chasing 180 odd you don't have the luxury of getting your eye in. To give us the best chance against quality bowling attacks batting first is the way to go as it gives our strokeplayers (Yuvi, Raina, Dhoni) to take some time and not worry about asking rate. Too bad Dhoni learnt this the hard way :( And Pathan needs to go. He is a flat track and weak bowling attack bully who can score on subcontinental pitches but can't do jack against quality opposition in a tough situation.

And Pathan needs to go. He is a flat track and weak bowling attack bully who can score on subcontinental pitches but can't do jack against quality opposition in a tough situation.
Actually he has barely done anything even in subcontinental conditions in international cricket. He is a domestic/IPL bully.

i think with this indian t20 side you can think of anything which may for a better show but truth is that bowling is not world class to win you matches and it is a proven truth that to win t20 matches consistentely you need a good bowling attack. expect nothing from this team in t20s bcoz they are just not good enough

Too late dude... methinks the horse has already bolted. With such a lousy NRR don't see India going through to the next round. By the way can't figure out why we decide to field against aussies in crucial WC encounters. We tried it in 2003 and we lost, we batted first in 2007 T20 and we won and today we lost again while fielding second. I mean look at the SA-Ind match. Ind were 43-2 after 8 overs but still ended up making 186 as the batsmen took time to get set and score freely after that. But when you are chasing 180 odd you don't have the luxury of getting your eye in. To give us the best chance against quality bowling attacks batting first is the way to go as it gives our strokeplayers (Yuvi, Raina, Dhoni) to take some time and not worry about asking rate. Too bad Dhoni learnt this the hard way :( And Pathan needs to go. He is a flat track and weak bowling attack bully who can score on subcontinental pitches but can't do jack against quality opposition in a tough situation.
We can we need 4 points.
We can we need 4 points.
We wasted more than 2 overs. I wish our other batsmen had the sense to support Rohit as he could have got us a lot closer to the aussie total. Instead of losing by 40 odd (which is NRR of -2) we should have lost by maybe 20 odd. Now we play windies in Barbados and let's face it - they will lauch their quicks at us and I don't see too many of our batsmen who can handle that. And then we face SL at Gros Islet which is slow and spin friendly :( I wish we had played lankans in Barbados and aussies & windies at Gros Islet.
We wasted more than 2 overs. I wish our other batsmen had the sense to support Rohit as he could have got us a lot closer to the aussie total. Instead of losing by 40 odd (which is NRR of -2) we should have lost by maybe 20 odd. Now we play windies in Barbados and let's face it - they will lauch their quicks at us and I don't see too many of our batsmen who can handle that. And then we face SL at Gros Islet which is slow and spin friendly :( I wish we had played lankans in Barbados and aussies & windies at Gros Islet.
Yeah Zaheer had a brain fart. :wall:
Yeah Zaheer had a brain fart. :wall:
And because of that we will need to make up for the terrible NRR in the next 2 games and hope Aussies beat windies and lankans convincingly. Wasting 2.4 overs (16 legal deliveries) is criminal in T20. If Rohit had faced even 10 of those deliveries he could have scored 20 odd runs.

With the kind of batting we have there is a reasonable chance of us chasing down even 11-12 RPO in the last 8-9 overs. Rohit showed today that if you have a set batsman it's easy to hit around once the ball is a bit older. There seems to be no planning when chasing large targets. It's always going to be a tough proposition, but the least they can do is make a planned and concentrated run chase rather than just come out and try to cowlash everything. But as I said in another thread, I consider our team to be a fairly mediocre T20 unit and a Super 8 exit with one win out of three in the Super 8 phase would be a par show.