Why do we predict doom and gloom after just one game?

The doom and gloom is not because they lost but the manner in which they capitulated. Everybody realizes that you lose every now and then, but only a shyte team like this surrenders so meekly. Tell me, when was the last time you saw Oz giving up a game like this?

I disagree that we are a sh!t team. Things just went terribly wrong today. The media named today's game as 'clash of the titans' to imply that India and Aus were one of the most capable teams in the tournament. A pathetic performance for one day does not mean that the team suddenly is useless and has no hope in the future. Sub continental fans (including me of course) have a knee jerk and emotional reaction to toothless performances which is justified for the short term. If the next two games are won and India goes through then I can bet my ICF $$$ that the word sh!t will soon turn into "shweet". Others may disagree but that's what I feel.

cricket is a very doom and gloom game' date=' remember the ashes 2005 there was so much hype for england then the first test came around and it was all crushed after 1 day, everyone knows what happened next.[/quote'] No.. there was no hype for England. Hype was for Aussies.

There is a reason for the 'doom & gloom'..The whole World knows our weakness against short bowling. On top of that Dhoni is now infamous for his experimentations where it doesn't needs and making silly decisions and team selections in most of the matches... Who will not be happy when team wins. But that doesn't means we should'nt raise the issues which went wrong.. I saw how that Bhikhari bowled. If I would've been the captain I would've not given him more than one over after how he bowled the first over. He was just putting the balls to be hit. This pitch was not suitable for the Bhikhari. But knowing Dhoni, he will seldom learn from mistakes. That's why the 'doom & gloom' is..

I disagree that we are a sh!t team. Things just went terribly wrong today. The media named today's game as 'clash of the titans' to imply that India and Aus were one of the most capable teams in the tournament. A pathetic performance for one day does not mean that the team suddenly is useless and has no hope in the future.
Our T20I record since the win in the 2007 WC has been pretty poor. Our bowling inevitably struggles and some of our big scoring ODI batsmen like Raina and Dhoni have pretty poor T20I records overall, especially Dhoni who has an abysmal strike rate (and even Gambhir has really struggled in T20Is lately apart from that quickfire fifty against SL in the series in December). But having said that, the scale of the capitulation today was shocking - 50 for 7 at one point ffs.

I am not in the doom and gloom camp, but can empathize with those who are because the performance today has left India depending on too many results to go their way to go to the next round. The only realistic chance for India to progress now is for Australia to win all their matches and India to win both their remaining ones.

I am not in the doom and gloom camp, but can empathize with those who are because the performance today has left India depending on too many results to go their way to go to the next round. The only realistic chance for India to progress now is for Australia to win all their matches and India to win both their remaining ones.
specially since SL walloped the windies unless one of SL or Aus wallops the other and we thrash WI looks like we might be packing our bags home even if we win the next two
Yes and thats why its relevent to the thread......
If every team is feeling "gloom and doom" after a T20 loss Aussies would have suffered heavily in the last T20. Conditions were extremely favorable for Aussies they had their say. Once the conditions become suitable for India, they will have their say. Mind you in T20 it is 2-2 to India vs Australia.

The manner in which we are losing s (from last WC)...against targeted short pitch bowling is the reason for doom and gloom. This is just t20, I want to see how our batters handle the conditions in S.Africa, I am sure the Saffies will be working on giving us bouncy pitches. The bowling was the real reason why we lost...I don't understand why the spinners (except bhajji) were blowling darts. The Aussie batsmen struggle when there is loop and turn...as bhajji showed so well...but Jaddu and YK kept on throwing it flat for some weird reason.

Why do we predict doom and gloom after just one game?
Because attention seeking morons do what they do. As for the match, I felt we lost the match in when we didn't give Zaheer Khan the new ball. Its all well and good trying out spin with the new ball but on that wicket in those conditions I think Zak would have been the perfect bowler. Also Jadeja is at his best with fielders outside the ring (of course, this isnt a justification for bowling long hops). imo, the match was lost in the tactics rather than anything else. But with the addition of Umesh Yadav, I think our team is gonna be a lot more potent and threatening. Its amazing what a bit of pace can do to a team: Look at CSK this season...