Why don't Indian gov't officials ...

Zooter

... ever dress up? I know it's hot in India, but is there a more germaine reason? I know Vajpayee does it out of respect to the freedom movement--out of respect to Gandhi--but the rest? The Senators and Representatives (hell even common businessmen or lawyers, or any professionals) in the U.S. are usually impeccably dressed. Hmmm?!?! :lol::lol: :chin: :chin:

Re: Why don't Indian gov't officials ...

... ever dress up? I know it's hot in India, but is there a more germaine reason? I know Vajpayee does it out of respect to the freedom movement--out of respect to Gandhi--but the rest? The Senators and Representatives (hell even common businessmen or lawyers, or any professionals) in the U.S. are usually impeccably dressed. Hmmm?!?! :lol::lol: :chin: :chin:
I would take it a step further and argue that Indians, in general, do not dress up. Whether its an act of being simple at heart, or for monetary reasons, or lacking plain fashion sense but it is easier to sight an Indian driving a Benz than an Indian impeccably dressed. This is more true for guys than girls. I mean for all the goodwills Indians have generated in West, dressing nice is surely not one of them(or being in good shape for that matter). Maybe Indian officials are also an extension of same symtom? xxxx

Clothes and manners maketh the man, but deeds make him immortal... Never one for mannerism but yet enshrined in eternity are those who turned their back on the world, for he who has the conviction of deed, needs not the artificial veneer...

Clothes and manners maketh the man' date=' but deeds make him immortal... Never one for mannerism but yet enshrined in eternity are those who turned their back on the world, for he who has the conviction of deed, needs not the artificial veneer...[/quote'] Thus spake Zaratusthra. But thy candour was not enough to satiate the hunger of Oblelix as he polished off the last scrappings of his barbequed boar. Oblivious to all of this Professor Calculus continue to remain as absent minded as Thompson and Thompson were sure-footed. A grumpy drunk and babbling Captain Haddock was last seen suggesting how clothes and manner maketh the man..

Clothes and manners maketh the man' date=' but deeds make him immortal... Never one for mannerism but yet enshrined in eternity are those who turned their back on the world, for he who has the conviction of deed, needs not the artificial veneer...[/quote'] :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Thus spake Zaratusthra. But thy candour was not enough to satiate the hunger of Oblelix as he polished off the last scrappings of his barbequed boar. Oblivious to all of this Professor Calculus continue to remain as absent minded as Thompson and Thompson were sure-footed. A grumpy drunk and babbling Captain Haddock was last seen suggesting how clothes and manner maketh the man..
wtf :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: Why don't Indian gov't officials ... actually, i agree that Indians arn't the best dressers. We all have some major wardrobe malfunction all the time. Take me for eg: over the past few years, i've laboured to get myself a wardrobe befitting a standard middle class lifestyle for a youngster - you know, mostly t-shirts and casual wear, with a few dress shirts and dress pants and a suit. But 90% of the time, regardless of how i dress, my hair looks like a tornado went through it. And if i want to get rid of the 'tornado hairdo', my only option is to appear like an oil-head brylcream advert dude. ugh. :tired:

Clothes and manners maketh the man' date=' but deeds make him immortal... Never one for mannerism but yet enshrined in eternity are those who turned their back on the world, for he who has the conviction of deed, needs not the artificial veneer...[/quote'] Thus spake Zaratusthra. But thy candour was not enough to satiate the hunger of Oblelix as he polished off the last scrappings of his barbequed boar. Oblivious to all of this Professor Calculus continue to remain as absent minded as Thompson and Thompson were sure-footed. A grumpy drunk and babbling Captain Haddock was last seen suggesting how clothes and manner maketh the man..
That is creative indeed :hail:

Clothes and manners maketh the man' date=' but deeds make him immortal... Never one for mannerism but yet enshrined in eternity are those who turned their back on the world, for he who has the conviction of deed, needs not the artificial veneer...[/quote'] True. True. But how does that apply to INDIAN POLITICIANS?? They dress badly AND they're criminals and incompetent babus.

Re: Why don't Indian gov't officials ... More than their way of dressing, it is their communication which sucks totally. Most of them speak poor poor english, even those who are in external affairs and give interviews when they visit foreign countries. Their words are not coherent, they are extremely slow and are outright boring and painful to watch and hear.

Re: Why don't Indian gov't officials ... i dont mind them talking slow or bad english..... i would anyday traade tht off for a good progressive minded guy...... but what irks me, is tht khadi shit..... in those days, Gandhi wantted to wear it to avoid buying british stuff.... in this age, wen we r the primary supplier for gap, bananarepublic and so on..... it reeks of stupidity for these politicians to wear khadi clothes and look worse dressed than an rickshaw driver in a mela....

Re: Why don't Indian gov't officials ... I guess one of the reasons why these politicians dress like that is because they want to appeal to the 'masses'....they are wily enough to know that their vote bank exists in nondescript towns and villages.If they dress well they would seem too 'middle class' centric...its all part of the game.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Why don't Indian gov't officials ... What are u talking about man..All the politicians wear spotless kurta dhoti kurta pajama... not every one in the world has to be in suit to be considered properly attired