Who is going to be the next Indian President?

head coach

Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam?s tenure will end in a few months and there is a possibility that he might get a second term. Also the list of candidates are growing * Amitabh Bachchan * Karan Singh * Somnath Chatterjee * TN Sheshan * Current Vice President - Shekawath Also the latest addition to this list by certain members of the society is Naryanamoorthy (infosys founder). Even though a Presidents role is largely ceremonial he is still the head of state and first citizen of India and the Supreme Commander of the Indian armed forces. Will India follow the rule of selecting a non politician like Kalam or will they go on selecting a politician? Well, the ball is surely on Congress party's court

Re: Who is going to be the next Indian President? It is so embarassing to see that bachchan name along with president Kalam's name.... This man who tries every trick in the trade to avoid giving tax(eg taking Rs 1 AS PAYMENT from friends and accepting expensive cars) Cheapster even gifted his son a car in some one elses name... Has no problem laying his hand on land meant for poor landless farmers thanks to his politician friends...... Sells hair oil ,chawan prash and mulayam singh yadav.....the biggest criminal going around.... Has the audacity to declare UP as a state with very few lawand order problem......even after the NIthari case......(how sick can people get?) The hypocrite gets a kissing scene from bahu's Dhoom 2 cut....but has no problem leering at the legs of a 17 year old on screen..... Imagine this man as your president!....

Re: Who is going to be the next Indian President? The Bachchan news was mostly speculation with little truth to it...he was never in the race...abt NRN I was reading an interview and he seemed more interested in being US ambassador.....in any case President is a symbolic post in India.

Re: Who is going to be the next Indian President? Radhika is quite correct. Amitabh Bacchan is hardly the man to grace the Rashtrapati Bhawan. I respect the man as a actor but as a human being he has come across a big big oppertunist. The way he has stuck with the likes of Mulayam and Amar Singh, the shameless manner in which he has projected his son(including turning up in half his films) etc have been enough to put me off. Narayan Murthy is a great choice. A thinking and articulate man who shall represent India admirably. Maybe someone like Ratan Tata. But if one has to take my opinion it should be from the Entreprenuer Arena this time. If India has to become the world power that she richly deserves she needs someone with foresight at the future, someone who can help India combat poverty and unemployment, and someone who is willing to lead India as a Corporate Governance model. This rules out pretty much all the politicians. Certainly rules out Amitabh :bum:

Re: Who is going to be the next Indian President?

If he does...i'll go and throw stones at rashtrapati bhawan..... :mad: :mad:
Common Radhika, you dont want someone who is good looking as India's President.:lol: A President could be referred as the face of the nation :hic: :lol: He didnt pay taxes but what about all these politicians that we go how many are corrupt free? Maybe 2-3 right? I'm not a fan of Bachan or supported to nominate him but hey if its a country where Laloo can even think of becoming PM then whynot Bachan as President.

Re: Who is going to be the next Indian President?

I'm not a fan of Bachan or supported to nominate him but hey if its a country where Laloo can even think of becoming PM then whynot Bachan as President.
For two reasons: 1) Laloo can think of becoming Pope of Christian community around the world for all I care. For one he is certainly capable of thinking that(and more) crap. For other noone else would give a damn about it. 2) There are certain posts in Indian Democratic set-up where the sanctity has always been preserved. We have had politicians like Dewe Gauda as our PM(or Chandra Shekhar for that matter, heck Sitaram Kesri was supposedly a candidate once), but never did India have a bad President. Holds true for posts like Speaker of Lok Sabha etc. They have always been graced by candidates who are by consensus good decent people. xxxx

Re: Who is going to be the next Indian President? Head coach.....atleast the politicians are not hypocrites...they know that they are thieves and they know the world knows it... Bachchan on the other hand wants the best of politics(like free land ...tax breaks for his son's movies....etc etc....)but doesn't want the brickbats associated with being a politician that he is... Seriously i can't believe people find him good looking....just a personal opinion.... :lol: :hic: