Can Narain break F1 jinx???

Cricketics

Karthikeyan is second fastest in morning practice Narain Karthikeyan revived Team India's hopes once again, setting the second fastest time in morning practice ahead of the South African Grand Prix, the eighth round of the A1 GP World Cup of Motorsport in Durban on Friday. Having arrived directly from testing with the Williams F1 team in Valencia, Karthikeyan set a scorching pace in the Durban street race, with only current A1GP champions France able to beat his fastest time, a Team India release said. "We always aim to be in the top six, if not higher, so that's what I'm expecting tomorrow," said Karthikeyan, who had given India's first points by finishing seventh in New Zealand last month. "The track seems good. I think we went a bit far with some of the set up changes this afternoon, so we need to come back a bit on that. "But I'm confident for tomorrow. We know what we need to do to go faster." It was a hot and humid day. And the some of the team's plans did not come off after the final practice session was curtailed to just 30 minutes of the allotted one hour, due to track surface problems. The 29-year old from Chennai said that Durban, with its huge base of Indian community, gave the advantage of driving in home conditions. "I suppose this is as near as we'll get at the moment to a home race! I hope there will be lots of Indian flags in the grandstand this weekend."