'Water' in Oscar?

veer

Guest dada_rocks

Re: 'Water' in Oscar? i never got why bajrang dal types went ballistic over this movie....... these folks so badly need a good advisor like me... :-) :-)..... our treatment of widow is certainly deplorable went to mathura once in one temple there were score and scores of widow called meerabai collectively used to live on one meal a day.. they usually get sent there by their own relativs most probably sons and daughter-in-laws.. ditto in varanasi... mostly bengali folks are big on thsi practice....... if some movie highlights this negative aspect and even one widow gets bettr treatmen from her ards even just out of shame than real change og heart, it's worth the effort. In fact hindu organizations should have supported it, movie undrlines the lack of scriptural leg for practice like this.. I never got what was the point of contention........ if a society can't face the incovenient truth about itself well then god help that society, decadnce creeps in and only way forward is downward from there on........

Re: 'Water' in Oscar?

[ It so happens that there are additional categories for foreign films.
Which Indians will never win, So why bother? :shrug:
Just makes you feel proud that something Indian gets a mention. Being nominated is itself noteworthy. It is like reaching the finals. :lmao:

what a negative attitude.. have you tried anything challenging thing in ur life?? if you wanna use ''kumble rock" atleast have attitude like 'never say die' :hmph:

what a negative attitude.. have you tried anything challenging thing in ur life?? :
:lmao: :lmao: Mate, you are the one who is in dire need of attitude makeover. I don't clamour for recognition by western media/crowd. Sorry.

what a negative attitude.. have you tried anything challenging thing in ur life?? :
:lmao: :lmao: Mate, you are the one who is in dire need of attitude makeover. I don't clamour for recognition by western media/crowd. Sorry.
so you think kumble should drop out of WC because he doesnt need to get recognition from world?? :lmao: :lmao: they didnt make movie to get oscar buddy.. but it just happened..

kr' date=' what is your opinion of the ACM turing awards?[/quote'] I have no opinion on that Yoda. But I am suprised at Veer's post. Touchy to say the least.
I agree. Veer seems like starts off his first post in a thread with a personal attack. May be that's his style. :wtg: The ACM turing awards are the top tech awards, of course again dominating/organized by the west/US. I don't think west dominated means bad is what I was trying to get at.