The chip of ignorance that Hindus carry

Lurker

Guest dada_rocks

Re: The chip of ignorance that Hindus carry

easy now... lurker is alone and surrounded by people who differ from his opinions but that is hardly reason to be condescending. he makes a valid point that we are unaware of other religions, but then again who is not. while ignorance is hardly an excuse for being guilty (unless you are mohamed asif and shoaib akhtar and are being adjudicated by the PCB), i feel that accusations cannot be made by those guilty of the same crime.
noone is pillorying him he has his suporting quarter here waise u have got funny bone sir.... that shaib asif comment was very apt and funny:wtg: this is for everyone to know, my wife keeps asking me what are u smiling over when I am online typing my reposte.. so rest assured u may think I am angry frothign at mouth I am not.. yes KR when i am typing what the fcuk even then.. even when i am typing the word fetish even then that smle of myriad hues don my face.. btw KR this is what m-w.com has to say about the word fetish, it's not that bad and its meaning encmoapaases more than the sexual connotation I presume that one got u angry there u go iIgot asked again by my wife "who the hell are u talking to, with that smily face"... meanwhile my little monster is blabbering some incoherent nothingness.... fetish One entry found for fetish. Main Entry: fe?tish Variant(s): also fe?tich /'fe-tish also 'fE-/ Function: noun Etymology: French & Portuguese; French f?tiche, from Portuguese feiti?o, from feiti?o artificial, false, from Latin facticius factitious 1 a : an object (as a small stone carving of an animal) believed to have magical power to protect or aid its owner; broadly : a material object regarded with superstitious or extravagant trust or reverence b : an object of irrational reverence or obsessive devotion : PREPOSSESSION c : an object or bodily part whose real or fantasied presence is psychologically necessary for sexual gratification and that is an object of fixation to the extent that it may interfere with complete sexual expression 2 : a rite or cult of fetish worshipers 3 : FIXATION :wtg:

Yawn... I have just hardly scratched the surface of my own spiritual and religious texts and i am being accused of ignorance... i think lethargy would be a more accurate accusation. someone posted previously that we just wish to be left alone. i think that summarizes us as a religion. we don't subscribe to proselytism, nor do we undermine other beliefs... let us do our thing and you can do yours...
V, The same point has been raised by Dhondy and I must say that while I can certainly relate to a traditional Hindu approach to being, as you put it, lethargic towards hos very own religious texts let alone others, I am not convinced that it is the right thing to do. Yes the argument about Christians not knowing about Islam has some solid ground. But here is the deal. Which Christian populated country has as much Muslim population as India does? India has about 15-20% of population as Muslims(depending on what census you see). Surely it is vital to have some sort of knowledge about 1/5th of your population?
Prasad is offered to everyone as a token of universal goodwill. We believe that Maha Prasadam as it is appropriately addressed is food that has been blessed by the Gods and hence if anyone, irrespective of their religion, belief accept it, they assimilate within themselves a fragment of those blessings. "thrusting prasad into everyone's face" now that is a most unique and inflammatory allegation.
Errrr see there you go. That gesture, or beleif, or good faith are all Hinduistic in origin. You tend to think of it as a good gesture, others may not. So why do Hindus do that? The prasad would most likely have been first offered to a God(generally some form of statue) and then distributed. Correct? Now that itself will make it unacceptable to a Muslim since Islam doesnt advocate idolatory. So what seems like a normal,routine gesture filled with goodwill actually is something against the basic tenet of someone else's faith. Why do it then? But then again to do that you shall have to learn Islam atlest on some level, which is the whole premise of this thread :hic: xx

Guest dada_rocks

Hahaha. So basically you were talking from your you-know-where when you suggested that EVERY house has it. That EVERY part is indeed important since you used that as an argument for Hindus, Muslims and everyone else.
I have this general question for all socalled psec islamists why this semantics and word-play in every post why not just accept u got stumped and move on. Why must u act like "Panchaiti ta manai chhi par khunta hiyen garab"
This is interesting point. You are suggesting that you heard the stories because the book were at home. Well guess what? I grew up reading Arabian Nights as well as I did about reading Mahabharta. So your argument of household books and all your argument about people not being exposed to "Muslim literature" is unfounded. In fact in India you can easily go to a book store and buy Arabian Nights. So why dont Indians buy them then?
My question are u telling me muslims read those books.. and again are u telling me muslims watch alif laila.. answer to both fo these questions is resounding nooo.. I have explanation for why they don't do it. Alif laila stories has no religious connotation attached to it correct me if I am mistaken here. May be that's why neither muslim nor hindu in general read those books.. If we start basing opinions on what i or you read well then we would be misrepresentign the pisture.. i will say ocne again mahabharats is religion story gets talked about book or no book everywhere in every hindu home hence the intreste and there was little matter of better production of B R chopra..
This is where you obviously have problems of comprehension. I am not arguing that you should know Muslim culture, history inside out. I am not suggesting that your knowledge of Muslim heroes should be as good as a Islamic hero. I am not suggesting in any way that your knowledge of Alif Laila should be as good as MAhabharta. What I am suggesting is it would be wonderful if Indian Hindus know more about Muslim history and figures. And I stand by that.
And it would have helped had the past not been that gory viz a viz hindu muslim interaction, those who are noteworthy are talked about go to any satsang of for instance Asaram bapu u would find a mention of baba farid. in fact i too would like hindus to know the islamic history do u know why it's not served because for the msot part it's nothing positive.. all the positievs get talked about akbar is a house-hold name more so than prithviraj chauhan.. baba farid's word are part of satsang culture.. bulleshah is household name in punjab.... in fact i guess muslim should be thankful that not whole history is known to everyone .. majority fo the time historical hero of muslim ends up as villain for non-muslims from muhd bin kasim onwards.... akbar is depicted as fall guy of islam in pakistan... aurganjeb gets floral tributes.. I have no reason to believe indian muslims think anything differently may not express that openly these days but there support for pakistan was resounding close to 97% so in all probabaiity they think in similar terms........ otoh hindu heros don't have this anti-muslim assence associated wiht it.... if u go to srilanka god rama doesn't get good billing there and i don't blame them for this.. u just can't wish away thousand years of history in one go and say why don't hindus read about arabain nights.......why sud they what good comes out fo the hero of arabain nights for indians as far as they are concerned islam is what islamist brought to india.. moreover ufirst muslim sud start reading them may be some god will come out of it..ovedose pg hadith quran doesn't seem to be doing any good anyway . may be then hindus will get drawn to it..
Thanks for the laughs! You and omnivorous!! Yeah sure! Excuse me but I can not, repeat can not, remember the last time you had to say something, anything really, good about non-Hinduism. I am willing to stand corrected but can you please point me to where you have last mentioned anything positive about say Islam. Since you are omnivorous in matters of religion and social text, documentaries etc surely there has to be some positivety coming from that? Or do you only look for negatives in your omnivorous search DR?
other than islam and communism i don't think i have much problem with anythign and I am not to blame I am just a mere commentator if anyone is to blame it is these folks karma thoroughout history.. In another thread I am defedning Buddha in yet another I posted a muslim gentleman who preaches about ramayan ( needless to say for his own brethren he is vile kafir for that reason) in yet another thread I have talked about how jews braved the holocaust and despite being so little in number contribute so much to the world.. in et another thred I have given floral tributes to dagar brothers for their rudra-veena rendition and keepign the drupada gayaki alive.. I more often talk abotu bulleh shah and farid shkarganzi.. In yet another insance I have talked about secular credential of rahim khan khana popularly knows as rahimdas am fan of kabirdas am nothing but fan of that frontier gandhi.. ( once agin poor guy was thrown into jail and lead a life of ignominiy and not even a finger was raised by ummah there, same ummah who goes ballistic over some news of carttoon in some god forsake place which in all probabality they have never seen and will never see.. three cheers for ummah's prirotity) yes talking of only positive about hinduism well just today I pilloried bajrang dal for blocking water's arrival in india.. .. all these threads are not so popular so die within a couple of posts ..people like bad news and hence my popularity or rather notoriety now why i don't talk good about islam in general well do islamist give me reaosn to.. go ahead find me one just oen I am not askng for the moon here muslim majority state whic accords same kind fo constitutional rights as muslims I would start talking about them too..... but the fact is none exists. no muslim state allows anyone else to preach teir religion on public tv.. u heard me right find me one I will change my views about them.. i don't make news and facts I just report them..
Hahaha. Ready to jump the bandwagon and all. You know DR in your part of the state you may have heard a muhawara, "Suar ke gawahi heeran bhel aur donon parai ke jungle gail" Ab decide kar lo who is what and proceed [Note to others: Thats a muhawara used in state of Bihar. Nothing demeaning or anything. I am sure DR understands it since it is particularly used in his part of the state.]
Never heard abou the hrase btu can figure out what it means so either i am suar or hiran well whatever keeps u happy.. but unlike u I am neither hiding behind "i reserve the right to run away whenevr i please" nor ignoring the fact when it's not convenient to me.. anyway as they say opinion is like one and everyne has got.. but anyway thanks for the muhawara will get to use somewhere else... PS: I would love to be wrong in my assessment of islamist, you have no idea how badly I wish to be wrong this time but sorry to say am not seeing any signs of that happening.......

Yawn... I have just hardly scratched the surface of my own spiritual and religious texts and i am being accused of ignorance... i think lethargy would be a more accurate accusation. someone posted previously that we just wish to be left alone. i think that summarizes us as a religion. we don't subscribe to proselytism, nor do we undermine other beliefs... let us do our thing and you can do yours...
V, The same point has been raised by Dhondy and I must say that while I can certainly relate to a traditional Hindu approach to being, as you put it, lethargic towards hos very own religious texts let alone others, I am not convinced that it is the right thing to do. Yes the argument about Christians not knowing about Islam has some solid ground. But here is the deal. Which Christian populated country has as much Muslim population as India does? India has about 15-20% of population as Muslims(depending on what census you see). Surely it is vital to have some sort of knowledge about 1/5th of your population?
Prasad is offered to everyone as a token of universal goodwill. We believe that Maha Prasadam as it is appropriately addressed is food that has been blessed by the Gods and hence if anyone, irrespective of their religion, belief accept it, they assimilate within themselves a fragment of those blessings. "thrusting prasad into everyone's face" now that is a most unique and inflammatory allegation.
Errrr see there you go. That gesture, or beleif, or good faith are all Hinduistic in origin. You tend to think of it as a good gesture, others may not. So why do Hindus do that? The prasad would most likely have been first offered to a God(generally some form of statue) and then distributed. Correct? Now that itself will make it unacceptable to a Muslim since Islam doesnt advocate idolatory. So what seems like a normal,routine gesture filled with goodwill actually is something against the basic tenet of someone else's faith. Why do it then? But then again to do that you shall have to learn Islam atlest on some level, which is the whole premise of this thread :hic: xx
man you post some serious crap... because india is home to a large number of muslims who make up about a fifth of their population, all hindus are obligated to know more about muslims. well united states is home to about 75 million people of latin american decent, hence i guess by your logic (75 million is close to 24% of the entire population), the rest of america is obligated to know how to speak spanish? the point is that you need to look beyond religion. instead of striving for uniformity, you are advocating a policy of state sponsored "sensitivity training". quite frankly, at the expense of sounding jingoistic, the majority is obligated to not be hostile towards the minority and the minority is obligated to conform with the majority. when in rome do as the romans do. hindus in pakistan maintain a low profile, and even in parts of india with a demographic skewed in the favor of other beliefs, hindus maintain a low profile. here where i live, we have a handful of temples and the biggest one is right next door to a baptist church and a lutheran church; for good measure there is a YMCA with which the temple shares a boundary wall. yet we dont have any problems what so ever since we all follow a simple policy of non involvement. we do communicate every now and then during an interfaith event but other than that, its a policy of "you do your thing, we do ours". we dont critique them on their beliefs, chastise them for their rituals and vice versa. and yeah, the whole Maha Prasadam thing just shines a brighter light on the lack of tolerance exhibited by a few handful muslims. let me ask you this, according to islam, arent hindu rituals and Gods and Godesses merely illusionary and non existant? then what harm would it cause to accept some sugar cookies etc that were at some point of time, placed in a small silver platter before these non existant, illusionary, "heathen" stone statues? i guess if that is a violation of your belief, then politely refuse it. if you have been offered Maha Prasadam, then the individual offering it does not do it with the intent of violating your belief, he or she does it out of affection and quite possibly lack of knowledge that you are a muslim.

I have this general question for all socalled psec islamists why this semantics and word-play in every post why not just accept u got stumped and move on. Why must u act like "Panchaiti ta manai chhi par khunta hiyen garab"
Hahaha. Chalo atleast you know some Maitheli. Next time please share some Vidyapati. Moving along DR. You know there is a term typical of our state. It is called "thethar". Bas wahi ho aap. Ek to pahle kahte ho EVERY house (for both Hindu and Muslims mind you) have it and then fall back on "well you know what I mean". Next time choose your words carefully, will save us both some time.
My question are u telling me muslims read those books.. and again are u telling me muslims watch alif laila.. answer to both fo these questions is resounding nooo.. I have explanation for why they don't do it.
Yes they do. I can not say every Muslim does read Alif Laila, just as not every Hindu reads Mahabharta or Ramayan, but a large population does. And the number only increases if you go to a typical Muslim educational center. However my point was never about Alif Laila. My point was squarely about how little Hindus know about Muslim heroes, culture, literature etc. Debate aside do you honestly think a Hindu knows the difference between Fatima and Aisha? I dont even say 100% of Hindus should know this but do you truly think even a fraction of our population does?
And it would have helped had the past not been that gory viz a viz hindu muslim interaction, those who are noteworthy are talked about go to any satsang of for instance Asaram bapu u would find a mention of baba farid. in fact i too would like hindus to know the islamic history do u know why it's not served because for the msot part it's nothing positive..
You may not beleive it but I actually agree to that. See there are two sides of Islamic history in India. One side is obviously very bad(from a Hindu point of view) and other very good. There has been Auraganzeb just as there has been Akbar. Baba Farid, Bullesha, Rahim Khankhana, Amir Khusro have all been towering figures and have done as much for Indian culture as any Hindu. My contention is to seperate the good from the bad, and I beleive every educated person should be able to do so. Now here is my question to you - For all your accusations of Aurangzeb etc when was the last time you spoke about Baba Farid or Bulleshah? Am I wrong in suggesting that if I have read 10 posts of you criticising Islam(in India specifically) I am yet to see a post of you praising it?
majority fo the time historical hero of muslim ends up as villain for non-muslims from muhd bin kasim onwards.akbar is depicted as fall guy of islam in pakistan... aurganjeb gets floral tributes.. I have no reason to believe indian muslims think anything differently may not express that openly these days but there support for pakistan was resounding close to 97% so in all probabaiity they think in similar terms........ otoh hindu heros don't have this anti-muslim assence associated wiht it....
See a lot of that is purely perspective. I say perspective because a lot of emotions are involved here. When one talks of Islamic invasion somehow it is deemed as every Muslim's fault. It doesnt bother people that many a times the invaders were criticized for the atrocities heavily by Muslims. Al-Baruni has heavily criticized the attack of Mahmud of Gazni for example. As for Aurangzeb being celebrated in Pakistan and Akbar not, I can not claim to know anything about it. It would be nice if some Pakistani posters help us on that. However I would like to share the words of Rabindranath Tagore that he wrote about Indian history dismissing it as "foreigner's history". "The history of India that we read in schools and memorize to pass examination is the accounts of a horrible dream - a nightmare through which India has passed. It tells of unknown people from no one knows where entering India;bloody wars breaking out;father killing son and brother killing brother to snatch the throne. One set of marauders passing way with another coming to take place - Pathan and Mughal, Portugse and French and English - all helping to add to nightmarish confusion."
other than islam and communism i don't think i have much problem with anythign and I am not to blame I am just a mere commentator if anyone is to blame it is these folks karma thoroughout history..
If thats your position then I am glad to see that. My own personal experience has been anything but. You seem to have definitely some issues with Islam(and/or Pakistan) and sometimes even when you support something it seems you do because of that stand. Take Ghaffar Khan example. Much like you I am a big fan but I do not see what you had to add that entire paragraph about what "they" did to him.
yes talking of only positive about hinduism well just today I pilloried bajrang dal for blocking water's arrival in india..
That doesnt make sense now does it? Bajrang Dal is not Hinduism. It fact it is the renegade form of Hinduism if anything. My contention is not that you do not criticize Hinduism. Far from it really. My contention is that while you criticize Islam very often, almost always, you rarely find anything positive about it. And when faced with that you fall, like you did here again, with a "Show me a Muslim state that offers equal rights to non-Muslims". Bhaiya even the Muslims admit all of their countries are a failure. Atlease the sane ones do. So why worry about what these states do? I am worrried about India and Indian Muslim. Not about what Saudi offers to its citizen.
but unlike u I am neither hiding behind "i reserve the right to run away whenevr i please" nor ignoring the fact when it's not convenient to me.. anyway as they say opinion is like one and everyne has got..
You are free to interpret it anyway you like. I am not going to participate in a thread that is nothing but waste of time. Thus far this thread, though heated occassionaly, has been by and large interesting and free of name calling. If it was any other way I would have much preffered watching the Oscars tonight. Maybe because that one gentleman did not participate here much today? :chin: xxxx

man you post some serious crap... because india is home to a large number of muslims who make up about a fifth of their population, all hindus are obligated to know more about muslims. well united states is home to about 75 million people of latin american decent, hence i guess by your logic (75 million is close to 24% of the entire population), the rest of america is obligated to know how to speak spanish?
You could not have been possibly wrong and actually prove my point. Here is the deal V saheb. Spanish is Second Language in many of the American schools today. Many Americans know Spanish. If you specifically talk of California, Texas, Arizona etc the percentage of white that know Spanish is quite much. So there goes your theory of rest of America being oblivious to Latin America. I would say that Caucasian American know as much about Mexican Americans if not more than an average Hindu does about Muslim(in India). And do bear in mind that Mexicans have been in USA for how many years? Perhaps 50-100 as compared to 1000 years in India.
and yeah, the whole Maha Prasadam thing just shines a brighter light on the lack of tolerance exhibited by a few handful muslims. let me ask you this, according to islam, arent hindu rituals and Gods and Godesses merely illusionary and non existant? then what harm would it cause to accept some sugar cookies etc that were at some point of time, placed in a small silver platter before these non existant, illusionary, "heathen" stone statues? i guess if that is a violation of your belief, then politely refuse it. if you have been offered Maha Prasadam, then the individual offering it does not do it with the intent of violating your belief, he or she does it out of affection and quite possibly lack of knowledge that you are a muslim.
Thats exactly what you are not getting. In Islam idolatory or bootparashti is forbidden. It is a cornerstone of a Muslim's faith so why would be compromise on it? It is a simple act for you but may not be so for him. Put it this way. You go to a Christian home and he offers you wine(holy wine from church). Now you dont drink. He doesnt know. Or even if he does because of his culture he thinks whats the great deal? Wine is something everyone drinks. So he offers you the drink. Are you going to be "tolerant" and drink it? Or refuse politely and be prepared to be tagged "just shines a brighter light on the lack of tolerance exhibited by a few handful muslims"? xxx

However I would like to share the words of Rabindranath Tagore that he wrote about Indian history dismissing it as "foreigner's history". "The history of India that we read in schools and memorize to pass examination is the accounts of a horrible dream - a nightmare through which India has passed. It tells of unknown people from no one knows where entering India;bloody wars breaking out;father killing son and brother killing brother to snatch the throne. One set of marauders passing way with another coming to take place - Pathan and Mughal, Portugse and French and English - all helping to add to nightmarish confusion."
actually thats one thing you wont find a protest from me. indian history, especially prior to the colonial period is a hack job and a product of british imperialism. the whole notion of aryan invaders from central asia is a such a load of crap and has been proven so time and again using mitochondrial dna evidence... yet make an attempt to suggest anything to the contrary and you will have a major shit storm at your hands. and i love how the books potray the peaceful existence of hindus and muslims. thats so far from the truth that its obscene! hindus and muslims have always been at each other throats and rarely has a decade passed when some violent, turbulent event along communal lines did not occur! and yeah, muslim leaders and hindu leaders have been equally self serving, decadent and oppressive! however some muslim kings attempted to spread the influence of their religion and hence they get a particular mention...

Re: The chip of ignorance that Hindus carry No Harm in accepting MahaPrasad, in my opinion. After all, these guys are mostly converts and to blindly follow abrahamic religion without observing the sensitivity/culture of local populace is wrong. Parallel anaglogy would be , I don't mind wishing Happy Eid /Merry Christmas to somebody who wishes me first. So , I would get offended if a muslim/christian does not wish me back, if I wish "Happy Diwali" first. Indians following abrahamic religion should realize that they should exhibit some sensitivity towards the culture/practises of local populace. It's not as if we are asking them to visit our temples.

Indians following abrahamic religion should realize that they should exhibit some sensitivity towards the culture/practises of local populace. It's not as if we are asking them to visit our temples.
KR, Without taking away the focus of this debate here I was intrigued by your mention of Abrahiminical religion. In my opinion the key concept of all Abrahmic religion is ONE God. Now this is no different than the Advaita Vedanta preached by Shankaracharya where everthing is sourced from Brahman and every living being is connected with his Atma. So in that sense Hinduism would not be different from Abrahimic religion. As for the sensitivity to local populace thats always a good idea. It is one of the reasons why Indians have done good in West as compared to say Pakistanis and Bangladeshis. xxx

and yeah, muslim leaders and hindu leaders have been equally self serving, decadent and oppressive! however some muslim kings attempted to spread the influence of their religion and hence they get a particular mention...
Very True , Sir. Yet ,you will find one sided criticism by posters clogged with so much hatred that they refuse to see light at the end of the tunnel. For example , you will find thread criticizing Aurangazeb( One of the worst Tyrant in the world) and rightly so. But , some posters will conveniently ignore the role Hindu RAJPUT traitors played during his reign or entire Mughal reign. You will hear mention of Jizya , But NO MENTION of Rajput Generals who enforced Jizya for these Mughals. And try posting any contradictions which does not align with their thought process and I am afraid , the consequence will be abuse and more abuse aimed towards you.

Indians following abrahamic religion should realize that they should exhibit some sensitivity towards the culture/practises of local populace. It's not as if we are asking them to visit our temples.
KR, Without taking away the focus of this debate here I was intrigued by your mention of Abrahiminical religion. In my opinion the key concept of all Abrahmic religion is ONE God. Now this is no different than the Advaita Vedanta preached by Shankaracharya where everthing is sourced from Brahman and every living being is connected with his Atma. So in that sense Hinduism would not be different from Abrahimic religion. As for the sensitivity to local populace thats always a good idea. It is one of the reasons why Indians have done good in West as compared to say Pakistanis and Bangladeshis. xxx
I would think Monolithic Vishnavism preached by Alvars like Ramanujachari is more aligned with one god concept. In fact , I like the concept of one god in Abrahamic religion. But , most Hindus follow Gods based on Hierarchy of Species , not that their is anything wrong with it. Just not my cup of tea.

man you post some serious crap... because india is home to a large number of muslims who make up about a fifth of their population, all hindus are obligated to know more about muslims. well united states is home to about 75 million people of latin american decent, hence i guess by your logic (75 million is close to 24% of the entire population), the rest of america is obligated to know how to speak spanish?
You could not have been possibly wrong and actually prove my point. Here is the deal V saheb. Spanish is Second Language in many of the American schools today. Many Americans know Spanish. If you specifically talk of California, Texas, Arizona etc the percentage of white that know Spanish is quite much. So there goes your theory of rest of America being oblivious to Latin America. I would say that Caucasian American know as much about Mexican Americans if not more than an average Hindu does about Muslim(in India). And do bear in mind that Mexicans have been in USA for how many years? Perhaps 50-100 as compared to 1000 years in India.
and yeah, the whole Maha Prasadam thing just shines a brighter light on the lack of tolerance exhibited by a few handful muslims. let me ask you this, according to islam, arent hindu rituals and Gods and Godesses merely illusionary and non existant? then what harm would it cause to accept some sugar cookies etc that were at some point of time, placed in a small silver platter before these non existant, illusionary, "heathen" stone statues? i guess if that is a violation of your belief, then politely refuse it. if you have been offered Maha Prasadam, then the individual offering it does not do it with the intent of violating your belief, he or she does it out of affection and quite possibly lack of knowledge that you are a muslim.
Thats exactly what you are not getting. In Islam idolatory or bootparashti is forbidden. It is a cornerstone of a Muslim's faith so why would be compromise on it? It is a simple act for you but may not be so for him. Put it this way. You go to a Christian home and he offers you wine(holy wine from church). Now you dont drink. He doesnt know. Or even if he does because of his culture he thinks whats the great deal? Wine is something everyone drinks. So he offers you the drink. Are you going to be "tolerant" and drink it? Or refuse politely and be prepared to be tagged "just shines a brighter light on the lack of tolerance exhibited by a few handful muslims"? xxx
i live in texas and i think i know whats going on here... less than 1% non latino american speak Spanish and those who do are either teachers, or ranchers who employ a number of Hispanic americans. that number is not on the rise and spanish is not the second language. it is taught in schools where students can choose to learn a second language, just like German, Italian and french but it is not a second language of the nation. next time check the facts mate.

Re: The chip of ignorance that Hindus carry Most of lurker dude's posts contain too many assumptions but said as if gospel or koranic "truth". Indian muslim and/or chirstians know more about hinduism than the other way around. How exactly do you know that or is that divine knowledge too. If that was true in any form, muslims and christians would've been lot more peace-loving and tolerant of everyone else except themselves. I suppose now you'll say they are actually more peaceful and tolerant than hindus :doh: (small edit) http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/02/25/news/thailand.php A recent article which I just saw

Most of lurker dude's posts contain too many assumptions but said as if gospel or koranic "truth". Indian muslim and/or chirstians know more about hinduism than the other way around. How exactly do you know that or is that divine knowledge too. If that was true in any form, muslims and christians would've been lot more peace-loving and tolerant of everyone else except themselves. I suppose now you'll say they are actually more peaceful than hindus :doh:http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/02/25/news/thailand.php A recent article which I just saw
thats the nature of this discussion in a nutshell for you... the comparison is so ambiguous that there is really no construct using which an adequate comparison can be performed. what parameters are used to measure knowledge, what statistics does he possess and quite frankly above all, what would be benefit of this entire endeavor?

Re: The chip of ignorance that Hindus carry Lurker needs to be shown a HUGE mirror :lmao: Lurker how does it feel following a mass murderer/loony schizophrenic/ pedo/perv? As my friend says "majority of humans are dumb". I totally see what he means :lol: Btw Lurker the more people know about MO the harder it will get for you. So don't wish for something that will make matters worse for you :lmao:

Re: The chip of ignorance that Hindus carry Lurker is absolutely right. Those who are learned about all the religions typically have the most tolerance for all. Then there are some who are tolerant by nature as they believe most humans are good with a few bad apples everywhere. Problem is with those who think they have supreme understanding about all religions coupled with a supremacy about their own resulting in hate mongering.

Lurker is absolutely right. Those who are learned about all the religions typically have the most tolerance for all. Then there are some who are tolerant by nature as they believe most humans are good with a few bad apples everywhere. Problem is with those who think they have supreme understanding about all religions coupled with a supremacy about their own resulting in hate mongering.
Yeah I imagined the islamic text contained in quran and hadiths :lmao:

Lurker is absolutely right. Those who are learned about all the religions typically have the most tolerance for all. Then there are some who are tolerant by nature as they believe most humans are good with a few bad apples everywhere. Problem is with those who think they have supreme understanding about all religions coupled with a supremacy about their own resulting in hate mongering.
Yeah I imagined the islamic text contained in quran and hadiths :lmao:
No one said any religion was perfect. Respect for the followers of another religion is more than you accepting everything their religion stands for. They are all people first and then anything else.