Yuvraj’s form a window for Dravid?

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/yuvrajs-form-a-window-for-dravid/619460/ India’s disastrous run in the World T20 in the Caribbean and Yuvraj Singh’s indifferent form might have opened a window of hope for Rahul Dravid’s inclusion back in the limited overs side, according to sources. Some of the selectors are seriously mulling over bringing the former India skipper back to the ODI fold with an eye on next year’s World Cup, according to a source in the BCCI. “Yuvraj Singh looked out of sorts in the Caribbean,†a selector told The Sunday Express on conditions of anonymity. “He is a talented cricketer but he is not doing justice to his talent — maybe he needs to return to the drawing board.†According to the selector, the left-hander could get the axe for next month’s Asia Cup in Sri Lanka, and that might open up a slot in the middle order. “Asia Cup is going to be the litmus test for the team,†he said, “and after the Caribbean debacle, the young players will be under pressure. So experience is needed to calm the nerves, and also help (skipper) Mahendra Singh Dhoni in decision-making.†Dravid, according to the selector, is “still in our scheme of things as far as ODIs are concerned. I should say he has a fifty-fifty chance of returning to the team for Asia Cup.†Incidentally, Dravid was brought back to the ODI squad after last year’s World T20 but was dumped after just two series despite a couple of good knocks in the Champions Trophy.

I would love if Rahul announces his retirement from One-day just on the morning of the selecton committee meeting. How much more longer will the selectors keep using him as a band aid - just to patch up the wounds till the pain is healed and then peel and throw away the band aid.

The problem is when we look at Yuvi as a #4 (which raises the expectations) rather than looking for someone who is genuinely good enough to bat in the top 4. Yuvi is someone who is well suited to bat from #5-#6-#7, ideally #6 or #7. Below is how the ODI line should be: - Tendulkar - Sehwag - Gambhir - Rohit / Uthappa / Kohli / ? - Raina - Dhoni - Yuvi / bowling all-rounder - bowler - bowler - bowler - bowler

The problem is when we look at Yuvi as a #4 (which raises the expectations) rather than looking for someone who is genuinely good enough to bat in the top 4. Yuvi is someone who is well suited to bat from #5-#6-#7, ideally #6 or #7. Below is how the ODI line should be: - Tendulkar - Sehwag - Gambhir - Rohit / Uthappa / Kohli / ? - Raina - Dhoni - Yuvi / bowling all-rounder - bowler - bowler - bowler - bowler
u sound like a genuinely insane person. yuvi is the best odi bat for yrs , dont let ur disliking for somebody make u start thinking from ur behind
u sound like a genuinely insane person. yuvi is the best odi bat for yrs ' date=' dont let ur disliking for somebody make u start thinking from ur behind[/quote'] Nah, Yuvi is not our best ODI bat for years. I would rate Tendulkar, Sehwag and Dhoni higher. Now with Gambhir coming in, it's getting tougher for Yuvi, who tends to struggle against quality pace and spin Though with a name like bobby, tagline like krazyjatt and avatar with pic of Yuvi, I do expect you to think anyone who thinks Yuvi is not what you think to be insane :haha:

UV needs a bit of pep talk from dad Yograj..The way he played for Kings XI throughout this season, he should never had been selected for this tour..(again I would emphasise that it's not about losing a hit & giggle T20 tamasha cricket event, it's about how you take every series as a jod to be done well, being a professional). I remember Ranjha was saying during IPL, that, "wait UV will definitely switch his mode and play well in the International matches because he cannot motivate himself in these IPl matches to perform..etc." This is not a electric switch which you turn on and off..If you are off in one series (that too deliberately), you're bound to be switched off in other series too.. Hence I don't see UV start playing better, change his attitude, become fit in the near future unless he gets a proper kick in the ass..That'll also give a clear signal to his "Daaru-Shaaru, Kudi-Shudi, Kukkad-Shukkad, Party-Sharty, Pancho This, Pancho That" Gang..to start focussing on becoming more professional..

i think dravid should be a regular but yeah don't drop him in the first instance after palying is some flat pitch where someone else scores high. i seriously feel he is a must he can be the anchor around which people can score freely as long as he gives a 75-80 of 100 balls its more than enough, safe fielder and fairly fit as well but like gunner said please do not insult him by using him as band aid.

i think dravid should be a regular but yeah don't drop him in the first instance after palying is some flat pitch where someone else scores high. i seriously feel he is a must he can be the anchor around which people can score freely as long as he gives a 75-80 of 100 balls its more than enough' date=' safe fielder and fairly fit as well but like gunner said please do not insult him by using him as band aid.[/quote'] He should tell the selectors to piss off. It is up to the younger players to learn to perform under the pressure of international cricket by this stage. Can't be going running back to Dravid every time these young FTBs get humiliated by a fast bowler (or even a medium pacer on a fast and bouncy pitch) and then dump him when going back to playing Bangla and Lanka on roads.
He should tell the selectors to piss off. It is up to the younger players to learn to perform under the pressure of international cricket by this stage. Can't be going running back to Dravid every time these young FTBs get humiliated by a fast bowler (or even a medium pacer on a fast and bouncy pitch) and then dump him when going back to playing Bangla and Lanka on roads.
knowing dravid he will not do that he will stomach any humiliation without a single word of protest. but yeah i think we should give him a go and by go i don't mean just take him let play a good innings and drop him for the next series i mean play him till he feels he's had enough or if he genuinely screws up regularly.

The think tank has to take a decision on this one, i.e. does it want guys like Dravid in 2011 WC? Any decision to include players like him should depend up on the answer to this question .... If Dravid isn't playing in the 2011 WC then there is little point in going back to him. Like some have said, there is no point in going back to Dravid and then removing him after a series or two, when those he replaced start showing signs of form

What a joke! Bring Dravid back because Yuvraj is struggling, when we have such a long line of youngsters waiting. And when he struggles (in terms of runs rate), humiliate him by dumping again. The selectors need to wake up and smell the coffee, and Dravid needs to make up his mind of not allowing them to humiliate him.

Guest OriginalPrince

india needs to look forward and not go back to 35 yr old cricketers looking to retire. give somebody new a chance. yuvraj will never become a decent cricketer. i can't see him ever making runs consistently abroad. let dravid retire with dignity.

Not sure if Dravid being in the team would help us much. We had him in the side for Champions Trophy, did we go past the round 1? No, we didn't. Yes Dravid himself did well, but in the end the team did as good or bad as they did in the last two t20 world cups. So better to stick with the Rainas and Kohlis who have done well in the opportunities they have got in last 12-18 months. In any case t20 resulrs should never ever be the basis for selecting ODI or test team. In any case this looks like a sponsored article and even Dravid would be horrified to read such masala news.