Mosque near ground zero

Clarke

A mosque is a house of Allah. What does He have to do with 9/11? Your analogy would carry logic if it was a terrorist training camp in question. But it's a mosque we are talking about. Ground Zero is a symbol of unity for the American people. It is where people of all races and religion lost their lives. Muslims are not excluded from the suffering. ]Mosques carry out far greater roles to unite communities than temples or gurdwaras. The mosque is being built for community cohesion and is fully justified to build it near Ground Zero.
w t f ?

Maybe he is right. Muslims are more alienated than any other communities and need more effort to bring them in mainstream (than ghettos) and hence greater roles required by Mosques to "unite" aliens with the mainstream.. He is right..

I am not talking about them building Mosque after Mosque. I am talking about this particular controversy.
You are exactly correct. Yes, Muslims were killed in 9/11. But so were Jews, Hindus, Christians etc. Should we build a huge religious edifice for every affected religion there? It would be apt if the Muslim leaders reached out to leaders of all affected religions, and they got together and built a multicultural center focused on service and charity rather than religion. But nossir ...

why build mosques only? why not build more churches, temples, synagogues? are we forgetting the hijackers were M U S L I M S....whose aim was to kill those 2700 non muslims working in those buildings that day? whose aim was to hijack planes full of innocent non muslim men, women and children and slam it into white house, pentagon....who knew that day that there would be few muslim casualties but went ahead with their plans. I can still remember that day very vividly sitting in my college dorm seeing ppl jump off the 100th floor knowing fully well they were gonna die...and they died coz these fkers raised jihad in fact, building a mosque should be BAnned from that vicinity unless they wanna spit on the graves of most of the victims

A mosque is a house of Allah. What does He have to do with 9/11? Your analogy would carry logic if it was a terrorist training camp in question. But it's a mosque we are talking about. Ground Zero is a symbol of unity for the American people. It is where people of all races and religion lost their lives.
Yes but it was exactly one religion which inspired the killers to slaughter 3000 people. Will China ever allow the Japanese to open a cultural center in front of their war memorials? Will Germany ever open a Wagner musical center in front of Auschwitz? No!
Muslims are not excluded from the suffering. Mosques carry out far greater roles to unite communities than temples or gurdwaras. The mosque is being built for community cohesion and is fully justified to build it near Ground Zero.
Actually mosques breed more terrorists than any Temple or Gurudwara ever will. Even in the USA mosques have bred terrorists.

Yes but it was exactly one religion which inspired the killers to slaughter 3000 people. Will China ever allow the Japanese to open a cultural center in front of their war memorials? Will Germany ever open a Wagner musical center in front of Auschwitz? No! Actually mosques breed more terrorists than any Temple or Gurudwara ever will. Even in the USA mosques have bred terrorists.
Which is why - if you want to build something near Ground Zero - you build a multicultural service-oriented center.

So you guys believe Islam inspired 9/11? Then there is no discussion here. We are on completely different wavelengths. So I guess then BMWs, Mercedes and Volkswagens should be banned on the streets of Israel? Those are symbols of Germany right? Just like the ordinary German had nothing to do with the Holocaust, the ordinary Muslim didn't have anything to do with 9/11 either. And he/she must be allowed to pray wherever he/she wants. Open up your closed, brainwashed, hate-filled minds.

But so were Jews' date=' Hindus, Christians etc. Should [b']WE build a huge religious edifice for every affected religion there?
Who do you mean? The US government? It is the American Society of Muslim Advancement who have taken the initiative for the project. They are not stopping Jews building synagogue there, Christians building Churches there, Hindus building temples etc. If they don't want to then what can we do? It is up to the US govt. to build a multicultural center there but they are choosing not to. There is a vacant spot near Ground Zero and the ASMA have applied to build a mosque there. Their application is in no way a barrier from others applying to build whatever there. If it is accepted then Mashallah and if it's not then fair enough provided there is a valid reason. And Seedhi stop embarrassing yourself with idiotic analogies.

So you guys believe Islam inspired 9/11? Then there is no discussion here. We are on completely different wavelengths.
Of course the terrorists were inspired by Islam. The terrorists themselves claim that Islam inspired them' date=' they quote from the Koran to justify it.
So I guess then BMWs, Mercedes and Volkswagens should be banned on the streets of Israel? Just like the ordinary German had nothing to do with the Holocaust, the ordinary Muslim didn't have anything to do with 9/11 either. And he/she must be allowed to pray wherever he/she wants. Open up your closed, brainwashed, hate-filled minds.
BMW, Mercedes and Volkswagen did not provide the ideological basis for Nazism or the holocaust. And LOL at calling us hate filled when your religion produces by far the greatest number of dangerous fanatics all over the world.

Those are symbols of Germany right? Just like the ordinary German had nothing to do with the Holocaust, the ordinary Muslim didn't have anything to do with 9/11 either. And he/she must be allowed to pray wherever he/she wants. Open up your closed, brainwashed, hate-filled minds. .
All the world can see is muslims are so united and up in arms against certain cartoons and go to the extend of banning social sites but do not denounce terrorists who kill in the name of their religion. The smae country who banned websites are reluctant to freeze the funds of terrorists, harbour known terrorsts like Dawood ibrahim and let terrorists like Saeed go scot free. And you know what? there is not ONE WORD of protest from muslims or Pakistanis about this.

So you guys believe Islam inspired 9/11? Then there is no discussion here. We are on completely different wavelengths. So I guess then BMWs, Mercedes and Volkswagens should be banned on the streets of Israel? Those are symbols of Germany right? Just like the ordinary German had nothing to do with the Holocaust, the ordinary Muslim didn't have anything to do with 9/11 either. And he/she must be allowed to pray wherever he/she wants. Open up your closed, brainwashed, hate-filled minds. Who do you mean? The US government? It is the American Society of Muslim Advancement who have taken the initiative for the project. They are not stopping Jews building synagogue there, Christians building Churches there, Hindus building temples etc. If they don't want to then what can we do? It is up to the US govt. to build a multicultural center there but they are choosing not to. There is a vacant spot near Ground Zero and the ASMA have applied to build a mosque there. Their application is in no way a barrier from others applying to build whatever there. If it is accepted then Mashallah and if it's not then fair enough provided there is a valid reason. And Seedhi stop embarrassing yourself with idiotic analogies.
Sorry I wasn't clear enough - I did not mean the US government. I meant the collective we of American humanity. I agree - ASMA can apply for whatever they may wish. I disagree that they should be granted their wish. If they were really considerate of what Ground Zero means to the US, they would truly collaborate with other religions to build a service-oriented, non-religious building (like ... I don't know ... maybe a soup kitchen for homeless people, a free clinic for the impoverished, maybe a cancer research center). Mashallah, they'll see the light.

Attempt to build a mosque there is almost as bad as the attack itself. Infact in some ways it is worse because the attacks can be someday forgiven as work of lunatics ,but when so called normal citizens want to dig a knife and twist it in the wound so that it hurts forever,it is not easily forgiven.

If the mosque represents just a perfectly mainstream place of worship, there's absolutely no reason why it should not be built somewhere. But having said that, keeping in mind the sensitivities involved, they should probably not build it in that site. It will create more distrust and fear and antagonize people more against the Muslim community.

Imagine if 9/11 happened in Jordan or UAE or pakistan or Bangladesh or Malaysia and the perpetrators were let's say Hindus or Jews or Christians..... and 10 yrs later some sorta Hindu, Jew, Christian organization asked permission to build a temple, synagogue or church? Biggest hypocrites alive ..... double standard ka baap

If the mosque represents just a perfectly mainstream place of worship' date= there's absolutely no reason why it should not be built somewhere. But having said that, keeping in mind the sensitivities involved, they should probably not build it in that site. It will create more distrust and fear and antagonize people more against the Muslim community.
Are your initials PC ?

Are your initials PC ?
No, I just refuse to be paranoid like the rest of the majority. If mainstream Muslims, who form 99.99% of the Muslim population, want to build a place of worship to pray, why should we doubt them by default?