Congress crushed in Punjab, saffron surges in Uttarakhand

DesiChap

New Delhi/Chandigarh/Dehra Dun, February 27: Riding high on anti-incumbency wave, the Akali Dal-BJP combine in Punjab and the BJP on its own in Uttarakhand on Tuesday looked all set to worst the Congress in the Assembly elections, while Manipur appeared to be heading for a hung Assembly. Out of 38 results declared in the 117-member Assembly, the SAD-BJP combine was ahead with 24 seats, while the ruling the Congress was behind winning 13 seats. One seat went to an Independent. The lead positions indicated a clear majority for the Parkash Singh Badal-led alliance. In the hill state of Uttarakhand, BJP appeared set to form the government on its own winning as many as nine seats and leading in 30 others in the 70-member House. Congress had bagged six seats so far and was ahead in only ten others. In both the states, the Congress has conceded defeat admitting that price rise may have been one of the major reasons for the drubbing.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Congress crushed in Punjab, saffron surges in Uttarakhand

I am curious... what does it take for a party to stay in control? The BJP lost the center in spite of a robust economy' date=' and now congress seems on the verge of losing too![/quote'] In india situtation for poor folks is so damned it's hard for any party to satisify them in five years so no matter what they do this musical chair will continue. To make matters worse illiteracy is rampant. Not that I am complainign BJP in corridors of power is always welcome. It's good as far as economicy is concerned ther eis hardly any difference bwetween congress and BJP well BJP guys being little emotional sometimes jump into unchartered waters like GQ qhich was on the horizon forevr but congresis used to think it was impossible project and terms vajpayee mungeri laal for dreaming haseen sapne.. Over all they are same. Difference lies in the matters of mollycoddling to the extremist brigade ...

I am curious... what does it take for a party to stay in control? The BJP lost the center in spite of a robust economy' date=' and now congress seems on the verge of losing too![/quote'] My cousin, who is at Delhi currently told my ma that apparently the price of onions have gone through the roof in Delhi(like its 5-10 times more expensive than a few months ago) and people are royally pissed. So they are taking it out on the govt. Delhi elections = the great onion issue.

I am curious... what does it take for a party to stay in control? The BJP lost the center in spite of a robust economy' date=' and now congress seems on the verge of losing too![/quote'] My cousin, who is at Delhi currently told my ma that apparently the price of onions have gone through the roof in Delhi(like its 5-10 times more expensive than a few months ago) and people are royally pissed. So they are taking it out on the govt. Delhi elections = the great onion issue.
It happens every time... I have seen this myself 2-3 times

Re: Congress crushed in Punjab, saffron surges in Uttarakhand One very pretty but clueless TV news reporter of Headlines today appeared BAFFLED by the contradiction.. She said breathlessly something along the lines: It is indeed a paradox, we are talking about inflation and the price of onions and tomatoes, but today in India even the average person can afford TV, fridge, A/C, scooter when they couldn't 10 years ago... so what is the real story?

good think for me that i dont eat onions... i guess what would have meant that i would have had a harrowing time deciding the winner of my franchise!

One very pretty but clueless TV news reporter of Headlines today appeared BAFFLED by the contradiction.. She said breathlessly something along the lines: It is indeed a paradox, we are talking about inflation and the price of onions and tomatoes, but today in India even the average person can afford TV, fridge, A/C, scooter when they couldn't 10 years ago... so what is the real story?
exactly... we have the memory of a goldfish! instead of supporting a political party for its ideology and its objective of attaining economic growth, we are appealed by the pandering on virtually insignificant issues such as the price of onions. could it not be a thing that onion, a non essential food item is being manipulated by whole sale sellers for personal profits?

we are appealed by the pandering on virtually insignificant issues such as the price of onions
Err price of critical food items are the most significant issue in a developing economy... Onions are essential to many indian households...in my household, onions form the base for literally every other curry. No onions = my household is facked.

we are appealed by the pandering on virtually insignificant issues such as the price of onions
Err price of critical food items are the most significant issue in a developing economy... Onions are essential to many indian households...in my household, onions form the base for literally every other curry. No onions = my household is facked.
well thats what i mean... its the price of wheat, rice, milk and the accessibility of clean drinking water and electricity that constitute our basic needs. onions just result in terrible oral hygiene not to mention acidic imbalance. try cooking without onions, my family has been for the past 8 years and the food could not taste better!

It happens every time... I have seen this myself 2-3 times
Hain ? So everytime there is an election, onions become unaffordable ? :hail:
haanji... political parties use it as a motive

onions just result in terrible oral hygiene not to mention acidic imbalance.
???? Onions, cooked properly are very very good for you. Read up on the health benifits. Regadless, fact is, you cant expect people to change their eating overnight.

onions just result in terrible oral hygiene not to mention acidic imbalance.
???? Onions, cooked properly are very very good for you. Read up on the health benifits. Regadless, fact is, you cant expect people to change their eating overnight.
onions india me garibo ki kasturi bolte he - very essential