Pakistan bans Facebook, Youtube, Wikipedia , Twitter

Sachinism

I don't support any of that and agree that large chunks of Pakistani society are hypocritical' date=' but then so are you for condemning the paintings of Hindu Gods and supporting the drawings of Muhammad.[/quote']You are completely confusing the whole thing. I as a person am justified in getting offended at MF Hussain's paintings. In India there are laws that prohibit religious insult - so it is fine to file case against him, but I condemn any violence. However, in Europe it is legal to draw insulting pictures of Hindu, Muslim holy figures and I will support that legal right even if I am offended by the pictures. But Muslims do get violent in Europe where people have been forced to live in fear. Yet they feel it is fine to teach hate against Jews which is in their holy book.

These protests are being held in Pakistan primarily and they have banned these websites in accordance with their own law' date=' something which you don't seem to like.[/quote']I havent even mentioned the protests in pakistan. If it peaceful it is fine, although it is stupid to ban entire websites. I am only pointing to the hypocrisy that they teach nonsense about Hindus and Jews in their textbooks but cant tolerate even images of Mohammad. If they are offended by the latter then they should also disallow insults to other religions, which I dont think is the case.

You are completely confusing the whole thing. I as a person am justified in getting offended at MF Hussain's paintings. In India there are laws that prohibit religious insult - so it is fine to file case against him, but I condemn any violence. However, in Europe it is legal to draw insulting pictures of Hindu, Muslim holy figures and I will support that legal right even if I am offended by the pictures. But Muslims do get violent in Europe where people have been forced to live in fear. Yet they feel it is fine to teach hate against Jews which is in their holy book.
You are the one utterly confused. Where does Europe come into all this? The protests are being carried out in Pakistan non violently and the web sites have been banned in Pakistan according to Pakistan law. There are heresy laws in Pakistan which prohibit the drawing of such images, so by law they are justified in the ban. You should be supporting that part in accordance with your earlier stance regarding Hussain, Hinduism, and India, right?

I havent even mentioned the protests in pakistan. If it peaceful it is fine' date=' although it is stupid to ban entire websites. I am only pointing to the hypocrisy that they teach nonsense about Hindus and Jews in their textbooks [b']but cant tolerate even images of Mohammad.
Would you if you were muslim ?

You are completely confusing the whole thing. I as a person am justified in getting offended at MF Hussain's paintings. In India there are laws that prohibit religious insult - so it is fine to file case against him, but I condemn any violence. However, in Europe it is legal to draw insulting pictures of Hindu, Muslim holy figures and I will support that legal right even if I am offended by the pictures. But Muslims do get violent in Europe where people have been forced to live in fear. Yet they feel it is fine to teach hate against Jews which is in their holy book.
I agree with Outsider, you are behaving like a hypocrite. So because there is a law in India you are right to feel offended, but if there was no law you wouldnt be equally offended? Come on, who are you fooling And Pakistan has banned this in their own country according to their own law

I havent even mentioned the protests in pakistan. If it peaceful it is fine' date=' although it is stupid to ban entire websites. I am only pointing to the hypocrisy that they teach nonsense about Hindus and Jews in their textbooks but cant tolerate even images of Mohammad. If they are offended by the latter then they should also disallow insults to other religions, which I dont think is the case.[/quote'] we had a chapter on the art work of Khajuraoo in our history book, yet we cannot toletate an artist painting on similar themes

You are the one utterly confused. Where does Europe come into all this? The protests are being carried out in Pakistan non violently and the web sites have been banned in Pakistan according to Pakistan law. There are heresy laws in Pakistan which prohibit the drawing of such images' date=' so by law they are justified in the ban. You should be supporting that part in accordance with your earlier stance regarding Hussain, Hinduism, and India, right?[/quote']Ok let me simplify this for you: In India: Insulting holy figures of every religion is banned be it Hindus, Sikhs, Muslim etc. In Pakistan: Harsh punishments for insulting Prophet Mohammad (even death) whereas insulting Hindus is fine. Teaching Jews are monkeys, evil is fine. Can you see the hypocrisy in the above?

we had a chapter on the art work of Khajuraoo in our history book' date=' yet we cannot toletate an artist painting on similar themes[/quote']Caste discrimination and sati was also prevalent at the same time that temple was built. So we should also tolerate those who practice caste discrimination and women who fling themselves on their husbands' pyres. Why cant we reconcile to the fact that whatever took place a hundreds of years ago - we have laws in India which prohibit certain things? Laws that should be respected, whether they are about caste, sati or hurting religious sentiment. Similarly, if I am outside India, say in USA, I should respect laws of the USA even if they hurt my religious sentiment. Moreover in India, USA, Europe the laws are non-discriminatory : In India it is not allowed to hurt the sentiments of any religion, while in USA and Europe there is complete freedom. On the other hand in Islamic countries such laws are discriminatory - ok to paint Jews as devils but insult Mohammad and die.

And what about your hypocrisy when you were hyperventilating against MF Hussain's paintings' date=' not just the notion that it was a Muslim who drew them, but saying you would be equally offended if a Hindu had drawn them. You also said that protests as long as they were not violent and the court's decision should be accepted. Well Pakistanis are protesting in a non violent way, their legal system has handed out the bans. You should be championing their cause if you are not a hypocrite.[/quote'] Yaar outsider, i have seen this so much in the posts of certain posters like Seedhi and Tex_tes that I am surprised that they themselves cannot see it. In fact soem of their posts are exact replicas of the kind of langauge used by Taliban and some Pakistanis. They can see the error of Pakistanis but not their own ways. For example, we all laugh at Pakistani goverment talking about good Taliban and bad Taliban. Here is a post from Tex defending terrorists because of their religion
yes all of a sudden....conveniently all suspicion will be pointed towards "hindu terrorist" groups while ignoring thousands of other bomb blasts and temple blasts by jihadis Bravo Congress ......... when your leader gets shot ...you attack and target a whole minority group and kill thousands and then conveniently years later you try to create terrorists out of the masses to garner minority votes to stay in power
They deplore that Islam is against freedom of expression, yet would lambast someone like hussain. the logic they use mirror the rigidity of some muslims so much that I wonder how come they hate them

Ok let me simplify this for you: In India: Insulting holy figures of every religion is banned be it Hindus, Sikhs, Muslim etc. In Pakistan: Harsh punishments for insulting Prophet Mohammad (even death) whereas insulting Hindus is fine. Teaching Jews are monkeys, evil is fine. Can you see the hypocrisy in the above?
So what, it's still the law. I have never said Pakistan law is not hypocritical. All I am saying is that you are hypocritical for taking one stance with regards to paintings of Hindu Gods and another with portraits of Muhammad. Let me ask a very simple question to you, do you support the depiction of Muhammad as a pig for example?

Caste discrimination and sati was also prevalent at the same time that temple was built. So we should also tolerate those who practice caste discrimination and women who fling themselves on their husbands' pyres. Why cant we reconcile to the fact that whatever took place a hundreds of years ago - we have laws in India which prohibit certain things?
Caste discrimination and Sati were social evils and we read about them in the same vein. However, every book i have read on Khajuraoo has praised it as an excellent form of art and as an example of how liberal we were. No where does it state that depicitng Gods nude or in sexual form is insulting hinduism. Open thinking has always been the USP of hinduism but your kind of thinking is destroying the very essence of hinduism. Kama Sutra depicts sex between shiv and Parvathi. Other granths were also very expressive of sexuality (Mahabharata is very candid about Draupadi's visits to her 5 husbands and her preferences and dis-satisfaction.) With your kind of thinking, hinduism is just another form of islam with idols

So what, it's still the law. I have never said Pakistan law is not hypocritical. All I am saying is that you are hypocritical for taking one stance with regards to paintings of Hindu Gods and another with portraits of Muhammad. Let me ask a very simple question to you, do you support the depiction of Muhammad as a pig for example?
Ok so let me answer: I am a Hindu. I am hurt be insensitive and vulgar depictions of Hindu deities. I am not a Muslim. I am not religiously insulted by Mohammad paintings (though I may have aesthetic issues with them). If I am in India, then I reserve the right to legally challenge vulgar paintings of Hindu deities. I will also support the right of any Indian Muslim to challenge publication of Mohammad cartoons in India. I will not support violence or threats. I will accept the decision of the courts, even though I may still feel offended personally. If I am in Europe - I will at most protest peacefully against vulgar depictions of Hindu deities. I wont indulge in violence and act within the laws of that land. The problem is that Muslims in Europe will utilize the freedom to demonize Jews, even Hindus but will NEVER tolerate satirical cartoons of their own faith and get violent about it. I hate it when people cave in to them. Why should cartoonists live in fear. Same goes for MF Hussain, he should be allowed to come back (but it seems he doesnt want to).

Caste discrimination and Sati were social evils and we read about them in the same vein. However' date=' every book i have read on Khajuraoo has praised it as an excellent form of art and as an example of how liberal we were. No where does it state that depicitng Gods nude or in sexual form is insulting hinduism. Open thinking has always been the USP of hinduism but your kind of thinking is destroying the very essence of hinduism. Kama Sutra depicts sex between shiv and Parvathi. Other granths were also very expressive of sexuality (Mahabharata is very candid about Draupadi's visits to her 5 husbands and her preferences and dis-satisfaction.) With your kind of thinking, hinduism is just another form of islam with idols[/quote']I dont care what you think is the USP of Hinduism. Fact of the matter that there are 850 million Hindus in India and not all of them think like you. Go to an average Hindu household and show them the pictures of Hanuman with an erection and a nude Sita sitting on his tail and you know very well what reaction you are going to get. So it is beyond doubt that a huge majority of Hindus will be offended at those paintings. We have laws against causing religious offense and hurt. So Hindus who feel offended have every right to file cases. Not to indulge in violence. They should accept the eventual verdict of the courts.

And what about your hypocrisy when you were hyperventilating against MF Hussain's paintings' date=' not just the notion that it was a Muslim who drew them, but saying you would be equally offended if a Hindu had drawn them. You also said that protests as long as they were not violent and the court's decision should be accepted. Well Pakistanis are protesting in a non violent way, their legal system has handed out the bans. You should be championing their cause if you are not a hypocrite.[/quote'] ++

Cannot stop laughing at Pakis .. Pakis seem to be most easily affected by these things .. banning facebook and wikipedia is not only funny but ridiculous .. and banning Wikipedia is the limit as it is the educative non-profitable website .. if they were so offended they could have blocked the facebook group but rest all sounds ridiculous and funny .. anyways this will help facebook publicity even more IMO .. I dont have a problem with funny but it should not be hatred

i fully support the muslims on this issue' date=' and i believe they will return victorious from this war on idol worship. Remember this sort of thing happened a decade ago when they waged a war against two gaigantic buddha statues which were torturing them with machine guns and handheld rocket launchers, of course a few muslims died in that war from the recoil of the weapons they were not qualified to use but victory was obtained nevertheless. facebook is next.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Ok let me simplify this for you: In India: Insulting holy figures of every religion is banned be it Hindus, Sikhs, Muslim etc. In Pakistan: Harsh punishments for insulting Prophet Mohammad (even death) whereas insulting Hindus is fine. Teaching Jews are monkeys, evil is fine. Can you see the hypocrisy in the above?
NO. India Pakistan. Why are you right wingers so keen to use Pakistan as an example is beyond me. The reason why India works, and Pakistan does not, is due to reason you put above.

The problem is that Muslims in Europe will utilize the freedom to demonize Jews' date=' even Hindus but will NEVER tolerate satirical cartoons of their own faith and get violent about it. I hate it when people cave in to them. Why should cartoonists live in fear. Same goes for MF Hussain, he should be allowed to come back (but it seems he doesnt want to).[/quote'] You are smarter than that mate. Yes Muslims do feel insulted, as Hindus do. However not every Muslim is out there killing cartoonists now are they? Bulk of them, specially from India, South East Asia etc etc dont give a damn. When was the last time you saw an Indian Muslim from Raebareli chasing Danish cartoonist with a chakoo? The vocal morons who do this are the same culprits - Pakistan, Middle East etc etc - who most likely dont have a better cause in life than religion. One unfortunate thing that comes out of suc threads is an en-masse criticism of Muslims. Reality check - Indian Muslims have hardly done anything against this whole Facebook and Wikipedia saga. We should be cognizant of that and realize that in the end the problem is very much Pakistani and not Muslims, certainly not Indian Muslims. xxx

Being a Pakistani, I find this dumb. What's next banning google? I was looking through the page though and a lot of the content was disrespectful but the point in even creating such a page was to tick off Muslims and they sure did with Pakistan banning 3 different popular websites, they're probably just having the last laugh now. By the way, the court made this decision, the government did not and what I don't understand is why couldn't they just voice against this group, ask facebook to take this group off as it's offending many in the country? Like I said before, this group's intent does seem to disrespect if you go through most of the content, so why hasn't facebook removed the group till now?