Footy WC 2010 Predictor

Don Sharma

Alright! This game is similar to PTW(Predict the winners) except that along with the result, one should predict the score as well. And to make the matters interesting, the player is expected to make a bet for each match (a min. of 1000 and max. 100000). In case, you get your winner right, your bets will be quintupled (5x). If you get the score right as well, your will earn 10x stakes. But in case, you're wrong, you will lose your staked sum + half of staked sum in case of score. For instance, say you have staked 1000$ on the SA-Mexico match predicting a 1-1 draw. In case, the match does end in a draw but it's a goalless one, then, you earn 5000$(5x1000) for getting the result right but will lose 500$(0.5x1000) for getting the score wrong. Your final winnings will be 4500$. Similar scenarios (for sum 1000$) explained below... [table=head]SCENARIOS |WINNER ✓| WINNER ✗| SCORE ✓ |SCORE ✗| WIN/LOSS I|☻|||☻|4500 II|☻||☻||15000 III||☻||☻|-1500 [/table] Tip Raise your stakes in matches that you think are easy to predict, like Italy v. NZ, Spain v. Honduras, etc. While bet as low as possible in tricky ones like Brazil v. Portugal, Eng v. USA and so on. You may predict the results on each matchday 30 mins BEFORE the kick-off or you can use the attached xl to fire in your predictions.

5x and 10x returns are a bit much' date=' no?[/quote'] I feel it is very difficult to get the scores right in football hence the high index (10x). Moreover, we have all lost quite a lot on SBL, so why not win something for a change :) Anyway, what do you suggest?

so you will play us monies if we win? :hmmm: u will become bankrupt dude!
lol I am not going to pay any money. It is a win all situation, I myself will be playing :) Of course, if the mods accept the idea, they will pay from the loan shark or emc or whatever. If not, we will play just for the fun of it.

I feel it is very difficult to get the scores right in football hence the high index (10x). Moreover, we have all lost quite a lot on SBL, so why not win something for a change :) Anyway, what do you suggest?
I guess it can be. I remember doing this on another site the last WC and remember actually getting a few predictions spot on. Regardless 5x and 10x return is still a lot. Predicting winners in most games is going to be easy (especially for people who know football) so 5x return is huge

I guess it can be. I remember doing this on another site the last WC and remember actually getting a few predictions spot on. Regardless 5x and 10x return is still a lot. Predicting winners in most games is going to be easy (especially for people who know football) so 5x return is huge
Fine then. 4x(score), 2x(match winner) ?