Punjab 1984 was worse than Gujarat 2002

Birbal3

Only difference was there was ONLY ONE news channel back then Doordarshan...controled by the Govt... so nobody saw the images of violence... What is worse is that whole incident was because of the assassination of ONE person...

Re: Punjab 1984 was worse than Gujarat 2002

Only difference was there was ONLY ONE news channel back then Doordarshan...controled by the Govt... so nobody saw the images of violence... What is worse is that whole incident was because of the assassination of ONE person...
Not only Punjab but also Kashmir. No doubts about it. However comparison of Gujrat with Punjab is not exactly an apple to apple. For one the Punjabi Government was never alleged to have killed its own citizens. In the larger scheme of things Punjab extremism caused India a lot more pain than Gujarat has. While Gujarat issue has been limited to Gujrat itself(and possibly to Maharastra at best), Punjab extremism leaked outside its borders. Sikh extremist hijacked Indian planes are took it abroad. Of course India also lost one of its Prime Minister, actually one of the strongest PM we have ever had, to Punjab extremism. xxx

AM I missing anything or did Modi get convicted .... Last time I checked the issue was still under court and whatever that commisions name was that was setup which held him guilty was construed illegal by the SC ... :lol:
Since you are so keen on commissions would you care to share with folks around here what the Justic UC Banerjee Commission found about Godhra fire? I am sure you must be well versed since you harp on it ad-nauseum in every thread? xxx

Re: Punjab 1984 was worse than Gujarat 2002 Lurker just as you harp ad nauseum about Gujarat Govt. involvement... Btw, there were Congressi leaders in Punjab who were accused of also aiding and abating the rioters in 1984... implying State support for those riots as well...

Lurker just as you harp ad nauseum about Gujarat Govt. involvement... Btw, there were Congressi leaders in Punjab who were accused of also aiding and abating the rioters in 1984... implying State support for those riots as well...
Actually it is perhaps because you tend to see only "Gujrat" in my thread. As the saying goes, Saawan ke Andhe ko har jagah hariyaali hi dikhti hai. If you would reread my post I have clearly mentioned why I think Punjab extremism ended up costing India lot more than Gujrat ever did. The only reason I made the comparison is because it is the subject of this thread which you yourself initiated. Your criticism about me harping on Gujrat would have been fair had you started this thread about Punjab and Punjab only and didnt start with a "Punjab 1984 was worse than Gujarat 2002". Fair? xxx

Aha ... Thanks ... turns out its that Banerjee commision that was declared illegal and unconstitutional .... by the Guj high Court judge who was acting on a Petition filed by a survivor of that Train Incident. Is that Good enuff for you Lurker .... I suspect not ... :lol:
Hahaha..Turns out that Gujrat Court is the self-appointed guardian for Indian Constitution now eh? Keep bringing on these gems BB. The UC Banerjee Commission was appointed to do a job which it did. You may not agree with it. Fine. Lets both wait for Nanavati-Shah Report. But as of now the only official report we have is UC Banerjee's report. xx

Lurker you may not know this but the Central Govt (Which appointed the Banerjee Committe) could have approached the SC which I dont think they did ... why ?
And that matters because...? Are you telling me that had Central Government challenged UC Banerjee ruling by Gujrat High Court you would have suddenly turned a beleiver of UC Banerjee report?
And why did it take 2 yrs for it to get appointed ? Politically motivated perhaps?
Why has Gujrat High Court put a stay order on it? Politically motivated perhaps?
Note : Please refrain from indulging in petty jingoistic comments if you want to debate this further with me. Not interested in a slanging match.
No idea what you are talking about. In this thread there has been no slanging match. Care to suggest where things have gone jingoistic(with you that is)? And yes if you want to refrain further the pleasure would be mutual. xxx

Just thought I should pre-empt any further escalation. Nothing else. If you want to debate this in a mature and bland way then yes Iam all for it. Otherwise Iam not interested.
Wah! Ulta chor kotwaal ko daante kyun saab? Firstly you "pre-empt" and then put it at my door with a "I am not interested". Here is the thing BB, you can complain only if you are civil with me and I am not. Do unto others as you would like them to do to you and all.
Because you were concerned about the Gujrat Courts verdict for whatever reason ...
Negative. Please retrace the way this thread has developed. I asked you to share with us what Justic UC Banerjee commission said about Godhra(which for the records you havent shared it with us yet) and you brought in Gujrat High Court. So if anyone is guilty of bringing in Gujrat HC it is you not me. xxxx

I already told you where you did ... So if you dont mind I would like to know where I crossed the line.
This is now a war of words BB. Read my lips(or the post). I said, "Here is the thing BB, you can complain only if you are civil with me and I am not. Do unto others as you would like them to do to you and all. ". As you did your pre-emptive strike so I put down my own. Did I say you crossed the line anywhere? x

Lurker , The reason I said what I said is because you had already started on your ego trip ... and I didnt want it to escalate further .... As it is you are still continuing with the petty jingoism - whats the need to write something like - "Read my Lips" .. "Keep bringing on these gems " ? Can you not debate like mature grown up folks do ... Does everything have to come down to a mudslinging slambang :shrug: Sorry dude not interested. Cheers :wtg:
Ah so you can write about my "ego trip" but gets all touchy when someone mentions your "gems"! Very mature indeed!! Like I said before if you wish to refrain the pleasure is mutual, but if you want respect, show some first, dont go pre-empting!! Three cheers! :lol: